Project "Grow A Set" Redhatman's long lost build thread - Page 57 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Project "Grow A Set" Redhatman's long lost build thread

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 09-20-2010, 11:24 PM   #841
biggoofy
1996 ZJ 

you win lol and that is exactly what it means its been my nick name for a long time

96 ZJ HP44 / 9"
90 XJ on 33s
RIP Troy aka BigBlueZJ94

FroBot Fab FTW

[URL="http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?22776-Biggoofy-s-96-ZJ-build!-**Building-axles**"]My Build[/URL]

Need quality parts call Andy at Ironman4x4fab!!!!!
[url]http://ironman4x4fab.com/index.html[/url]
[/CENTER]
biggoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2010, 10:55 PM   #842
redhatman
1998 ZJ 

Well I cleaned up the back seats today, got those in, put the Infinity amp back in, center counsel is all down, passenger seat is bolted in, seat belts and trim are all in, wires are hid under all the trim

Sorry for the flicking off, my buddy thought it would be funny.

I pretty much just have to put in the drivers seat, hopefully it works (the motor was not moving the seat when I pulled it out.) Put the swaybar back in, air up the tires, and take her for a test drive. I would also like to clean my floor matts, no sense in putting in dirty floormats in a like new interior of the Jeep. Hopefully everything works out, Also about the belt squeeling problem.

It was not the idler pulley after all! remember how it started after I replaced the ps pump? Well apparently there is some sort of spacer or something I am missing, because the pump is sitting a little crooked to the rest of the serpentine belt pulleys. Its actually a belt squeek!

Anyone know what piece I might be missing on the 5.2?

I am now a dealer for Iron Rock Off Road
I offer the same great products you already know about,
the same low prices you have been seeing, and with
the same experienced customer support, but I can offer it nearly 24/7

"Project Dirty Princess"
5.9 ZJ 7" IRO, 35s, 8.8, hp30, locked, blah blah

"Project Grow A Set"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMARJEEP View Post
Those tires look freakin awesome Redhat... took the ZJ up a notch in my book. Now you're at notch 2.
redhatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2010, 11:16 PM   #843
biggoofy
1996 ZJ 

looks like new man i may have to flood my jeep so i have a real reason to clean it haha

96 ZJ HP44 / 9"
90 XJ on 33s
RIP Troy aka BigBlueZJ94

FroBot Fab FTW

[URL="http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?22776-Biggoofy-s-96-ZJ-build!-**Building-axles**"]My Build[/URL]

Need quality parts call Andy at Ironman4x4fab!!!!!
[url]http://ironman4x4fab.com/index.html[/url]
[/CENTER]
biggoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2010, 07:46 AM   #844
solomon8718
1998 ZJ 

Hey redhatman, I recently had the same problem and it was the ps pump bracket was cracked in three places. I've read on here that this bracket fails fairly commonly. There isn't any spacer, only the bracket. I can post a picture of it from the parts catalog if that would help.
[COLOR="Silver"]98 ZJ GC 5.9 Limited[/COLOR] CURRENT - [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/silverback-gorilla-build-thread-manual-5-9-limited-1538015/"]"Silverback Gorilla" 5.9 manual build thread[/URL]
[SIZE="1"]- IRO Front Long arm kit, rear adjustable arms
- IRO 4.5" coils
- Bilstein 5125 series shocks
- JKS Quick disconnects
- 249 -> 242 swap
- Kolak 3" exhaust w/flowmaster 70

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/zj-ironrockoffroad-long-arms-1540655/"][SIZE="5"][B]Selling my long arms[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
[/SIZE]
[QUOTE=myjeeplovesmud;9530233]with that said, for those i may have frustrated when i was noob, i'm sorry, but thanks for not driving to my house with a bat.[/QUOTE]
solomon8718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2010, 10:14 AM   #845
redhatman
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
looks like new man i may have to flood my jeep so i have a real reason to clean it haha
Haha, you think I was actually trying to get to the other side of the pond?

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon8718 View Post
Hey redhatman, I recently had the same problem and it was the ps pump bracket was cracked in three places. I've read on here that this bracket fails fairly commonly. There isn't any spacer, only the bracket. I can post a picture of it from the parts catalog if that would help.
I know exactly what bracket you are talking about, I will have to pull the ps pump off and check that out. Any idea what I should expect to pay for one of those bad boys? I am afraid the dealer will want a lot.

"Project Dirty Princess"

"Project Grow A Set"

Quote:
Those tires look freakin awesome Redhat... took the ZJ up a notch in my book. Now you're at notch 2.
Unread 09-22-2010, 01:21 PM   #846
solomon8718
1998 ZJ 

Unfortunately I could only find it at the dealer. It cost me about 45 bucks for a new one.
[COLOR="Silver"]98 ZJ GC 5.9 Limited[/COLOR] CURRENT - [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/silverback-gorilla-build-thread-manual-5-9-limited-1538015/"]"Silverback Gorilla" 5.9 manual build thread[/URL]
- IRO 4.5" coils
- JKS Quick disconnects
- 249 -> 242 swap

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/zj-ironrockoffroad-long-arms-1540655/"][SIZE="5"][B]Selling my long arms[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
[/SIZE]
[QUOTE=myjeeplovesmud;9530233]with that said, for those i may have frustrated when i was noob, i'm sorry, but thanks for not driving to my house with a bat.[/QUOTE]
Unread 09-22-2010, 08:47 PM   #847
Spike300
1993 ZJ 

I got one for 30, i had to grind the nubs off the back of mine thought to make the pulley inline with the others, didnt hurt the strength of it at all. check out my thread for pics of it.

5.2-242 tcase-44a-30x9.50x15 MT/R-American Racing Burst Rims -[COLOR="Red"]Optima[/COLOR] -E3 plugs-[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Cu[/COLOR]st[COLOR="DarkGreen"]om[/COLOR] Pa[COLOR="DarkGreen"]in[/COLOR]t-Amsoil-Addco Front and Rear-polyurethane bushings

[B]To be installed[/B]: RE gen2 discos, military battery terminals
[B]To be rebuilt:[/B] HP30
[B]To be received:[/B]
[B]To be paid for:[/B]

[B]Next on the list:[/B] complete redo of brakes and
lines
[B]Needed:[/B] fittings, coil of brake tubing, Russel speed bleeders

Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #75
Spike300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2010, 12:21 PM   #848
redhatman
1998 ZJ 

Called the dealer, price was $31.xx plus tax. I have not looked at it yet, I will hopefully get a look at it tonight.

The Drivers seat will not move forward or backward it just makes a noise (ever since flooding it). I managed to get the seat out after fighting the bolts forever on the back. There is hardly any room to work at all. I brought home some tools so hopefully I can diagnose it, probably just the seat motor. .

Since all the carpet was clean, and seats, I had to do the floor matts too! So I powerwashed those, and now they are drying out in the garage Anyone need some tires? lol.

I got the sway bar and drop bumper back on last night, I just have to fix the drivers seat, 4 bolts in there, then diagnose why my fan is not working either. Probably got ruined with the water too.

Besides that, ready to go for the first test drive :/

"Project Dirty Princess"

"Project Grow A Set"

Quote:
Unread 09-23-2010, 12:26 PM   #849
g-off70
2000 WJ 

what fan isnt working?

WTB: Tow hooks- let me know if you have any
g-off70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2010, 12:31 PM   #850
redhatman
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-off70 View Post
what fan isnt working?
The Taurus E-Fan I have mounted on my Radiator.

"Project Dirty Princess"

"Project Grow A Set"

Quote:
Unread 09-23-2010, 12:39 PM   #851
g-off70
2000 WJ 

ah, that sucks. hopefully just some dirty electrical connections

WTB: Tow hooks- let me know if you have any
g-off70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2010, 02:05 PM   #852
solomon8718
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhatman View Post
Called the dealer, price was $31.xx plus tax. I have not looked at it yet, I will hopefully get a look at it tonight.
Dude, I hate the chrysler dealership near to me. Fury Chrysler in South St. Paul has such horrible markup, I paid almost 15 dollars more for the same part. And the first time I went in there they told me I had to drive all the way to Park Chrysler to pick up a serpentine belt instead of offering to get it for me. :::
- IRO 4.5" coils
- JKS Quick disconnects
- 249 -> 242 swap

[/SIZE]
Unread 09-23-2010, 02:32 PM   #853
wfcxleatherneck
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon8718 View Post
Dude, I hate the chrysler dealership near to me. Fury Chrysler in South St. Paul has such horrible markup, I paid almost 15 dollars more for the same part. And the first time I went in there they told me I had to drive all the way to Park Chrysler to pick up a serpentine belt instead of offering to get it for me. :::
I know how you feel. I paid 60 bucks for a 1/4 peice of rubber to do my rear main seal. Then we I went back to see if they could find what bulb I need for my dome light they wanted 25 bucks... Every cherokee with the same dome at the upull is already missing that bulb too.

Pat what size tires are you trying to get rid of?
wfcxleatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2010, 02:48 PM   #854
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhatman View Post
The Taurus E-Fan I have mounted on my Radiator.
i thought that was running right after we got it running(?) infact i do remember cause you turned it on and it shot mud all over my face lol
Unread 09-23-2010, 06:16 PM   #855
redhatman
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
i thought that was running right after we got it running(?) infact i do remember cause you turned it on and it shot mud all over my face lol
WAS running.

"Project Dirty Princess"

"Project Grow A Set"

Quote:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.