Project "Grow A Set" Redhatman's long lost build thread - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Project "Grow A Set" Redhatman's long lost build thread

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 04-10-2010, 09:39 PM   #196
country_boy454
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhatman View Post
Anyone planning on going to GSW Down in Moab this year June 4-6?
June 5th you all should come to Gilbert OHV. Its National Trails Day. Get to help cut trails on the expansion. Usually its only the Northern MN Jeepers and TCOR that are making the trails in the park. Come on out and bring some of your own tools or just come to throw brush. Lunch will be offered free of charge from Northern MN Jeepers for all those working.

One thing I can also mention is that this is open to anyone and everyone with an interest in 4 wheeling. Mostly its just the 2 clubs mentioned above that show up and want to work. Other groups are up there but they don't want to work or do anything but ride.

1996 XJ 6.5" Rusty's, 34" LTB's, 220 amp alt, #1 wire upgrade, 4.0, AW4, NP231 NON SYE, CB 1996 ZJ Plum Broke Limited 5.2, SCT Tuned, Dual exhaust, CAI, Audivox Prestige APS997a alarm, Performance Distributors Ignition Upgrade, KOR BB + Up Country Springs, 52mm TB, 24lb/hr Ford Racing Injectors Plum Broke Build thread
country_boy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 01:26 AM   #197
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Apparently my buddy grant liked my jeep?

hahahah oh good times i just remember holly saying "seriously grant? pat has kids in the back of his jeep.." hahaha

dude im amped for dresser. ill actually have good tires, armor, experience and just maybe the LAs by then. im thinking in the future, building a winch mount on my existing bumper along with going to 6.5" and the HnT, all depends on how my plans go for moving out and stuff like that.

jeep looks good, how sure are you on going to C4C in july? talked to channel 5 and we might have a news crew coming up to film us due to the cause, probably be good IRO advertisement because as i know of now, TCOR and BOR are the only 2 sponsering the event.
Unread 04-12-2010, 10:47 AM   #198
redhatman
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
hahahah oh good times i just remember holly saying "seriously grant? pat has kids in the back of his jeep.." hahaha

dude im amped for dresser. ill actually have good tires, armor, experience and just maybe the LAs by then. im thinking in the future, building a winch mount on my existing bumper along with going to 6.5" and the HnT, all depends on how my plans go for moving out and stuff like that.

jeep looks good, how sure are you on going to C4C in july? talked to channel 5 and we might have a news crew coming up to film us due to the cause, probably be good IRO advertisement because as i know of now, TCOR and BOR are the only 2 sponsering the event.
Sounds good man, get her done son.

I am not sure about C4C yet, right now my priority's are set on Dresser and GSW. I will talk to the guys at IRO today and see if they are going.

I am now a dealer for Iron Rock Off Road
I offer the same great products you already know about,
the same low prices you have been seeing, and with
the same experienced customer support, but I can offer it nearly 24/7

"Project Dirty Princess"
5.9 ZJ 7" IRO, 35s, 8.8, hp30, locked, blah blah

"Project Grow A Set"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMARJEEP View Post
Those tires look freakin awesome Redhat... took the ZJ up a notch in my book. Now you're at notch 2.
redhatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 10:53 AM   #199
CLNinja
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorayde View Post
d30 + 37's + V8 = axle shaft go boom Great build man, that sucks about the 8.8 though. Time for a D60 or 14 bolt I think
i run HP30 + 35"s + V8

Pat im trying to make it happen so i can come to Moab for GSW, would be nice to wheel with you and Darrick , especially since i talk to you guys at least every other week on facebook or phone lol and my jeep has so much IRO on it.

got a few things on the list first though and im working ALOT so hopefully i can make it happen
[color="#003300"]Matt[/COLOR]
[color="white"][CENTER][size="1"]
[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=434081"][color="white"]Click Here For My Build Thread[/COLOR][/url]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][B]**September 2009 Grand Cherokee Of The Month**[/B]
[SIZE="2"][url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123"][color="white"]Colorado Jeep Club Member #88[/COLOR][/url][/SIZE][/CENTER]
CLNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 12:03 PM   #200
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Sounds good man, get her done son.

I am not sure about C4C yet, right now my priority's are set on Dresser and GSW. I will talk to the guys at IRO today and see if they are going.
sounds good man and for sure on getting it done. once june hits were gonna be slow at work so im thinking of picking up a 2nd job. i could have sworn i said my jeep would be done once i got the 33s
Unread 04-12-2010, 12:11 PM   #201
gatorayde
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLNinja View Post
i run HP30 + 35"s + V8
Bit of a difference between 35's and 37's
gatorayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 02:52 PM   #202
Mudzilla6661
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
i could have sworn i said my jeep would be done once i got the 33s
I thought mine would be done after I lifted it 4.5 inches, and am about to upgrade the axles, but now I am thinking I want to go 5.5 and 35's, I don't know if my 4.slow can handle 35's even with the 4.88 gears.

2010 jk islander aka Mudzilla 2.5 AEV lift 35" kevlars, PSC front and rear bumpers Q10000 winch. More to come!
Mudzilla6661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 02:56 PM   #203
CostcoPizza
Fresh Baked

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChe89 View Post
I thought mine would be done after I lifted it 4.5 inches, and am about to upgrade the axles, but now I am thinking I want to go 5.5 and 35's, I don't know if my 4.slow can handle 35's even with the 4.88 gears.
I'm running 37's with a 4.0 and 3.55's D30/D35 both welded. Haven't had a single problem. I installed an intake and a flowmaster 40 and it's faster now than it was stock.
CostcoPizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 03:30 PM   #204
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amauri View Post
I'm running 37's with a 4.0 and 3.55's D30/D35 both welded. Haven't had a single problem. I installed an intake and a flowmaster 40 and it's faster now than it was stock.
I smell horse manure...

On topic, this is the MOST AWESOMESS ZJ EVER, thats right, AWESOMESS
MurdaJs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 03:35 PM   #205
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChe89 View Post
hah well i want to be at 6.5" by this time next year with 4.88s and maybe a stroker..it never freakin ends.
Unread 04-13-2010, 11:13 AM   #206
redhatman
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
hah well i want to be at 6.5" by this time next year with 4.88s and maybe a stroker..it never freakin ends.
Grant, you have your own build thread. Get the hell outta here with your build plans.

On topic. I am for sure going to GSW This year, Darrick and I plan on leaving wednesday morning, in hopes of arriving friday? I am going to try and get my liscense for driving the truck (F350, 42ft gooseneck trailer) so he does not have to drive all of it.

The Bumper is almost done, I made the mounts and welded those on last night, on thursday I plan on finishing it. I just have to trim part of the front to allow the winch to come all the way forward, and then weld the winch plates on, and put some D-ring tabs on the front. Then just prep and paint

"Project Dirty Princess"

"Project Grow A Set"

Quote:
Those tires look freakin awesome Redhat... took the ZJ up a notch in my book. Now you're at notch 2.
Unread 04-13-2010, 11:15 AM   #207
redhatman
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLNinja View Post
i run HP30 + 35"s + V8

Pat im trying to make it happen so i can come to Moab for GSW, would be nice to wheel with you and Darrick , especially since i talk to you guys at least every other week on facebook or phone lol and my jeep has so much IRO on it.

got a few things on the list first though and im working ALOT so hopefully i can make it happen
For sure man, get her done. I am almost done with my bumper, then I just gotta regear the 8.8, put the Aussie in, regear the HP30, and throw that in. We gotta wheel together in Moab, we have some bada** ZJ's for pics together!

"Project Dirty Princess"

"Project Grow A Set"

Quote:
Unread 04-13-2010, 11:46 AM   #208
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Grant, you have your own build thread. Get the hell outta here with your build plans.

On topic. I am for sure going to GSW This year, Darrick and I plan on leaving wednesday morning, in hopes of arriving friday? I am going to try and get my liscense for driving the truck (F350, 42ft gooseneck trailer) so he does not have to drive all of it.

The Bumper is almost done, I made the mounts and welded those on last night, on thursday I plan on finishing it. I just have to trim part of the front to allow the winch to come all the way forward, and then weld the winch plates on, and put some D-ring tabs on the front. Then just prep and paint
haha **** you pat,
Unread 04-13-2010, 05:21 PM   #209
Jones
Consider the following...

THe 37's look sexy. When are the 1 tons going in?
Unread 04-13-2010, 07:25 PM   #210
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJones View Post
THe 37's look sexy. When are the 1 tons going in?

Id be more curious about when a 44s going in the front. Ive seen dana 30s explode running anything from 32s to 35s. My unit bearings were shot after DDing it and wheeling it hard for probably 6 months. Like pulled into two different pieces shot. Can't imagine what the 37s are doing to your balljoints, unitbearings etc.

Jeep looks awesome though, amazing how much you can learn in two years. What are the possibilities of getting the plans for that bumper and getting another set cut? I'd be highly interested in it.
UTChavok is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.