Project: Great White Buffalo. McClouds Second Niner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Project: Great White Buffalo. McClouds Second Niner

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE KitsARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits

Unread 01-13-2014, 12:17 PM   #1
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Project: Great White Buffalo. McClouds Second Niner

I brought this home last night. It was previously owned by leftfield6 .

She's my 5th Mopar, my 4th Grand Cherokee, my 3rd ZJ, and my 2nd Slate Niner. Pretty excited to start working on her. These are pics from the PO. I'll post of some of my own once I get her cleaned up a little bit.

The plan is to continue the previous owner(s) "carcissism." Keep her clean and as perfect as possible. M1 intake and 52mm TB from Brian are ready to go in. HS roller rockers and MP valve covers soon to follow. Then some big fuel injectors and SCT tuning VIA Ryan. Headers and true duals somewhere off in the future.

OME 2" coils, Addco sways, and an adjustable track bar eventually. It already has Bilstein 4600s and some new rubber, so the lift can wait a while.

On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 12:43 PM   #2
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Congrats man, clean niner, cant wait to see you start mod it
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 09:26 PM   #3
Scopez
1994 ZJ 

Well, I messaged you without checking first. Congrats man! He just bought a 2wd cubby from me. So I take it you have it now? Felted? Your welcome! Haha.

PS, I have a factory net for the cargo area if you want it.
Unread 01-14-2014, 10:45 AM   #4
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Cleaned her out a little bit. If it ever stops rain/snowing I'll get the outside clean, too.

Man it's nice to have these tags back on a niner
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
Unread 01-14-2014, 11:42 AM   #5
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

Good to see you got a new one, the niner tags on the lexus were so wrong.

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2014, 12:23 PM   #6
leftfield6
Where are my damn keys?

Take good care of her, man. She's a solid basis for whatever you want to do with her. High miles,, but solid throughout. I hated seeing her drive away, but my needs for a vehicle have changed, and I knew she was going to an enthusiast. So I'm Jeepless for now, but I'll be back somewhere down the trail.

(former) 98 Grand Cherokee Laredo
77 CJ-5
75 CJ-5
leftfield6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2014, 12:32 PM   #7
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftfield6 View Post
Take good care of her, man. She's a solid basis for whatever you want to do with her. High miles,, but solid throughout. I hated seeing her drive away, but my needs for a vehicle have changed, and I knew she was going to an enthusiast. So I'm Jeepless for now, but I'll be back somewhere down the trail.
Honestly I want to wash, clay, wax, buff, polish, and seal it then just sit on the porch with a beer and look at it for a week or two. I'm definitely going to take my time and do right by her.
Unread 01-15-2014, 02:28 PM   #8
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Got her inspected and totally street legal today. Passed with flying colors. Had to reassure the guy doing the inspection that the miles were, in fact, correct.
Unread 02-06-2014, 03:01 PM   #9
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Lotek A-pillar 2GP, oil pressure gauge, full sweep vacuum gauge, and oil pressure gauge ordered...
Unread 02-06-2014, 06:13 PM   #10
ZJPunk98
2002 WJ 

looking sharp man. I thought of doing a niner after my 5.2, but ended up with a 4.7ho wj instead. I do miss my zj. Enjoy it.

98 ZJ 5.2L JGC Limited Sold
02 4.7L HO JGC Overland
ZJPunk98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2014, 12:12 AM   #11
caseyliffick
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ View Post
Got her inspected and totally street legal today. Passed with flying colors. Had to reassure the guy doing the inspection that the miles were, in fact, correct.
What's the mileage?
caseyliffick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2014, 05:49 AM   #12
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyliffick

What's the mileage?
242,500 right now.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using JeepForum
Unread 02-07-2014, 02:12 PM   #13
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJPunk98 View Post
looking sharp man. I thought of doing a niner after my 5.2, but ended up with a 4.7ho wj instead. I do miss my zj. Enjoy it.
You went the oposite direction I did. Started with a 2003 4.7, then went to a 1998 5.9, then a 1996 5.2, then another 1998 5.9, and now the wife is shopping for a 2003 Overland. I liked the 4.7 a lot, but the 5.9 is a totally different animal. I do miss the refinement of the WJ sometimes, though.
Unread 02-10-2014, 10:53 AM   #14
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

In other news, I spent six hours washing, clay barring, buffing, waxing, sealing, and polishing GWB. She's not perfect, but gawd daymn if she isn't pretty.

Unread 02-15-2014, 05:54 PM   #15
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

RaceJeep... Engage! Lets see...

Extreme Flow 14" Air Cleaner Lid

2" Extreme flow air filter

Accell Heavy Duty cap

Catch can

Drop base #1

Offset drop base #2 (gonna see which one is easier to work with)

Felpro intake manifold gasket set:

Set of eight copper core champions:

Summit Racing 8mm wires

Accell heavy duty stainless rotor

Set of four 5 1/8" air hat gaskets

Felpro valve cover gaskets

And two blank keys for a Dodge Viper

My wife asked if I wanted a Valentines day present, I said no... She said "yes you do... Pick out what you want." This is what's I came up with, ordered, and am waiting for.

- - - Updated - - -

As soon as I have a whole weekend to myself, all this stuff, an M1, Mopar Performance VCs, an AC delete bracket (that I'm making myself from a JY unit), a new thermostat, the two a-pillar gauges and pod, and the custom VIC switchpanel/ ammeter are going in all at once.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using JeepForum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.