products you would like to see come avalible for you grand - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > products you would like to see come avalible for you grand

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3

Unread 05-21-2010, 10:30 PM   #61
SaturnICL
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKzj52 View Post
i dont see too many issues with the front tow hooks. there are swing out tire carriers. and there is a huge selection of aftermarket rims. 5x4.5 is a more common bolt pattern. The thing is there is a TON of rims that dont look right on jeeps.

believe it or not, i really liked my aussie when i got to drive with it. i drove maybe 50 miles with it installed before i blew up my axles and put my zj out of commission in september (still is out). i like the idea of the added traction on road, and being able to just run it on the street without any issues period.

true that!

i do wish the d44a had more aftermarket options. im satisfied with the aussie, but i wish there were more alternatives for other stuff.

5 speed auto period would be amazing. dam wj's
1) The WJ is 5 on 5 bolt pattern so the choices go way down.
2) What swing out tire carriers are avail for the WJ?
3) The front tow hooks for the WJ were $130 from Jeep and now unavailable so you have to mount some generic 2 bolt ones that mount upside down so a strap would fall of if slacked.
4) Aussi quit making their locker for the 44a long ago.
5) The WJ in 2002 came with the 545rfe which in reality is a 6 speed trans. Before was the 45rfe trans.

This is why I hoped you were kidding!

Unread 05-22-2010, 04:15 AM   #62
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnICL View Post
4) Aussi quit making their locker for the 44a long ago.
They started making them again a long time ago:

Aussie Locker for D44a
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2010, 09:15 AM   #63
SaturnICL
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohead View Post
They started making them again a long time ago:

Aussie Locker for D44a
Sorry I stand corrected on that point. Thats what I get for having one tons... Out of the loop.

Before GSW09' I was looking and they did not have them then you had to hope a store had one collecting dust somewhere.
Unread 05-22-2010, 11:15 AM   #64
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Definitely more bumpers options. I know they will always be expensive, I just want more options.

A snorkel would be nice.

Don't know why everyone is all about those selectable lockers. I'd rather see a Detroit Locker made.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2010, 08:38 PM   #65
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

SaturnICL - The 4.0 still used the 42RE in the WJ. The 45RFE and 545RFE are identical except for programming. The 45RFE is set up as a 4 speed auto with alternate 2nd for downshifts. The 545RFE enables the last gear, acting as a 5 speed auto with alternate 2nd. The ability to swap one of those into a 5.9 would be sweet.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2010, 09:12 PM   #66
ZJPunk98
2002 WJ 

Good aftermarket bi-xenon headlights for the ZJ, need to look nice as well.

98 ZJ 5.2L JGC Limited Sold
02 4.7L HO JGC Overland
ZJPunk98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2010, 11:31 PM   #67
SaturnICL
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
SaturnICL - The 4.0 still used the 42RE in the WJ. The 45RFE and 545RFE are identical except for programming. The 45RFE is set up as a 4 speed auto with alternate 2nd for downshifts. The 545RFE enables the last gear, acting as a 5 speed auto with alternate 2nd. The ability to swap one of those into a 5.9 would be sweet.
sorry but the 545 is a 5 speed it has:
1st - 3.00
2nd - 1.67 (upshift)
2nd prime - 1.50 (kickdown)
3rd - 1.0
4th - 0.75
5th - 0.67
Rev - 3.0
While the 545rfe is similar to the 45rfe it has a second overdrive.
Unread 05-23-2010, 08:48 AM   #68
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

The 45RFE has the 2nd overdrive, it's just disabled in the computer. That's why the early WJs can be flashed to have the 2nd overdrive.
Unread 05-23-2010, 09:49 AM   #69
SaturnICL
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
The 45RFE has the 2nd overdrive, it's just disabled in the computer. That's why the early WJs can be flashed to have the 2nd overdrive.
So the 45rfe is a "dumb" 5 speed and after getting edumakated they ar both 5 speeds. Even more to my point that there is a 5 speed.
Unread 05-23-2010, 03:58 PM   #70
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Pretty much. For whatever reason, they chose not to use the last gear in the early ones, then decided it was worthwhile to use it. Physically, the transmissions are identical, AFAIK.
Unread 06-10-2010, 09:04 AM   #71
MGDWJ
2004 WJ 

I emailed Aussie last night and got this response.

We should have some XD14450 lockers in two weeks. We appreciate your interest in the Aussie Locker. On 6/9/2010 10:02 PM, jridgetransam@yahoo.com wrote: > Name: Jack Ridge > > Message Text: > when is the Aussie locker for the Dana 44a coming off of backorder. I would really like to purchase one as soom as they do.
MGDWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2010, 09:50 AM   #72
squashman702
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
  1. There will never be a selectable locker for the D44a. The market does not exist. And there is nothing wrong with Aussie locker for rear axle applications anyways. Selectable locker is basically a waste for the rear
  2. WTF is a projector? Who cares about lights? If you can't see then slow down. I go through so many lights I wish I could duct tape on some flashlights and get a sticker.
  3. Bumpers. At market cost for steel and labor you cannot build a ZJ bumper for less than $600-$800. For that matter you can't build a decent bumper for anything for much less than that. If you want a bumper for less spend time scrounging for scrap steel and build one yourself. Its not rocket science.
That's all.
Rear bumper options would be excellent. Something minimal too . . . no need for the TR style 200 pound bumpers.
Unread 06-10-2010, 10:34 AM   #73
Krisalrube
2000 WJ 

Non winch bumpers that dont stick out 2 feet. Cheaper bumpers that look good and follow the lines of the rest of the jeep instead of sticking out at sharp angles.
Krisalrube is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2010, 11:06 AM   #74
K9-Handler

2005 WK 

Quote:
[list=1][*]WTF is a projector? Who cares about lights? If you can't see then slow down.
So YOU'RE the guy I always come up behind while driving down a 2-lane road at night. The one doing 23 mph and would never, ever, consider using his high beams!

US Army, Viet Nam '70 - '71.
Learned to drive in a '53 Willys Wagon. 2nd vehicle: 1950 Jeepster.
K9-Handler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2010, 06:04 PM   #75
manyjeeps

This is an excellent thread, I hope some of the makers of some of these will read it and listen to what everyone wants.
manyjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.