Problems with replacement parts... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Problems with replacement parts...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 01-17-2014, 02:59 PM   #1
rschunk01
2013 WK 

Problems with replacement parts...

Well, my 2013 Grand Cherokee Hemi is in the shop....28,800 miles and the water pump pulley is screwed...

Drove it to the dealer and they took me out to the shop and showed me the wobble....'dangerous to drive' they said, so I got a Soccer Mom van loaner and drove home...that was Tuesday...It is now Friday and I've talked to the dealer three times....twice 'the replacement should be delivered tomorrow'...today he told me the pumps are on back order... he said 500 of them??? WTF????

He said two weeks...I asked about cannabilizing one from another vehicle on the lot and that fell flat....then I asked about just getting one from a parts store and he said he'd have to talk to someone about that...guess they want only OEM on warranty services....

Then he mentioned he would see about providing a rental for me until the part comes in. I guess they want their lot loaner back.

So far, overall not a happy camper here.....apparently with 500 on back order there must be a big problem that no one is talking about...so here I sit, snowing like a banshee, and my Jeep in service...

This whole thing reminds me about the fiasco we had last spring with my wife's 300....when you turned on the rear defroster the radio went out....??
They attributed it to the rear window and it took a MONTH to get a new rear window installed.tried to tell me it was because of stickers I had on the window????...my extra warranty insurance was due to run out in about a month...good thing I took it in when I did...

rschunk01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.