Possible Recall - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Possible Recall

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 06-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #16
94cherokeesprt
1997 ZJ 

Any possible solutions that we the owners can do at home? At least some ideas so we can be safe on the roadway In case Chrysler doesn't end up accepting the recal?

Inside every keg is a six pack
94cherokeesprt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 11:54 AM   #17
95_ZJ_Limited
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cherokeesprt View Post
Any possible solutions that we the owners can do at home? At least some ideas so we can be safe on the roadway In case Chrysler doesn't end up accepting the recal?
Don't get rear ended or maybe put a shell like the ones outta the Deathrace movie over your rear
95_ZJ_Limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #18
94cherokeesprt
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95_ZJ_Limited View Post
Don't get rear ended or maybe put a shell like the ones outta the Deathrace movie over your rear
I mean something more reasonable then that she'll would just a skid plate work? And we can't always control the attention of other drivers

Unread 06-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #19
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I mean something more reasonable then that she'll would just a skid plate work? And we can't always control the attention of other drivers
get a tank skid plate would help. So would a rear hitch and receiver . Honestly I wouldn't be too worried whether or not I had one. I'm sure lots of rear ends have happened without any incident.
Unread 06-05-2013, 12:07 PM   #20
94cherokeesprt
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj View Post
get a tank skid plate would help. So would a rear hitch and receiver . Honestly I wouldn't be too worried whether or not I had one. I'm sure lots of rear ends have happened without any incident.
I do have a rear hitch from the factory I will try the skid plate. I shouldn't worry to much but I would rather be safe than sorry.

Unread 06-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #21
L_Kilkenny
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I do have a rear hitch from the factory I will try the skid plate. I shouldn't worry to much but I would rather be safe than sorry.
Go back and read post #15. You're odds of a traumatic head injury are far greater than the risk of fire. Are you gonna start wearing a helmet too?

Some things are just too small to worry about. I'd go insane tryin.
L_Kilkenny is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 12:36 PM   #22
xyzjay
1986 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
"When will the killing end, when will 4-year olds stop being burned to death in Jeep Grand Cherokees?" Ditlow said.
Priceless! Do it for the kids...
xyzjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #23
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Weird, I didn't buy it new, but my 96 already has a fuel tank skid plate. Guess it was an after market install.
JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 01:09 PM   #24
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNicholson View Post
Weird, I didn't buy it new, but my 96 already has a fuel tank skid plate. Guess it was an after market install.
factory skid package. Gas tank skid, steering skid infront, and t-case skid
Unread 06-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #25
JAMS201075
1993 ZJ 

Is there anywhere you can buy factory skids other than a JY?
JAMS201075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #26
airwolf9090
1996 ZJ 

Am i the ONLY one who noticed the Liberty in the link that was burned up but the spare tire wasn't touch!

OT side note My mother called to tell me about it today lol, I told her to ignore it, every other week someone says something about that, and i went on to say not to worry because i have the factory hitch and skid plate.
Unread 06-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #27
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Get someone to help you install the skid if you already have the hitch. I did it by myself with the help of a folding chair and my legs holding the other side while I bolted it up. Fun stuff. I'm sure my neighbors were like, "check out this hillbilly!"
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #28
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

I noticed also but did not respond about it lol.
Unread 06-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #29
zj97ltd
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwolf9090 View Post
Am i the ONLY one who noticed the Liberty in the link that was burned up but the spare tire wasn't touch!

OT side note My mother called to tell me about it today lol, I told her to ignore it, every other week someone says something about that, and i went on to say not to worry because i have the factory hitch and skid plate.
I got kinda offended when they're talking about Grand Cherokees but showed a Liberty.
zj97ltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #30
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzjay View Post
Priceless! Do it for the kids...
Did some moron actually say that?

Either way, nothing is going to come of this. Even if you overlook the fact that they are trying to force 2013 standards onto 1993-2004 vehicles, "Old Chrysler" built those Jeeps. "New Chrysler" didn't.
WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.