Parting out 97 Grand Cherokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Parting out 97 Grand Cherokee

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-23-2014, 09:42 AM   #1
dlbarr
1996 ZJ 

Parting out 97 Grand Cherokee

I'm replacing this Jeep with an XJ. It has 270k milles on it and the engine still runs strong. The tranny slips pretty bad and there is some bearing noise coming from the rear end. Front bucket seats are shot and the sun roof is stuck open. Body is fairly straight.

My question is what parts should I strip off this vehicle for subsequent sale once I send the rest of it tto the bone yard. I can store a few parts but don't want to have the car sitting around. Any suggestions?

dlbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2014, 12:01 PM   #2
1998 ZJ 

I'd start with all the sensors and stuff from the motor. Maybe even pull the intake and injectors too. Is it a limited? Does the VIC work good? If it is a limited I may be interested in the heated seat relays from under the seats. I also need a headlight switch and the coolant level sensor. What color interior? What motor? Oh also save the washer fluid reservoir. People use those to swap into WJ's. My brother may actually be looking for one in the near future.
98318242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2014, 01:55 PM   #3
dlbarr
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98318242 View Post
I'd start with all the sensors and stuff from the motor. Maybe even pull the intake and injectors too. Is it a limited? Does the VIC work good? If it is a limited I may be interested in the heated seat relays from under the seats. I also need a headlight switch and the coolant level sensor. What color interior? What motor? Oh also save the washer fluid reservoir. People use those to swap into WJ's. My brother may actually be looking for one in the near future.
Hey great, thanks for that input. Yes, it is a Limited. I'd be willing to start removing some the ancillary stuff right now if you're interested (who needs heated seats in June?).

It has a V8, black interior...what is a VIC?
Unread 06-25-2014, 07:09 PM   #4
1998 ZJ 

A VIC is the vehicle information center. The screen in front of the shifter that tells you when the doors are open and stuff. My brother said he'd like a price on the washer fluid tank. I'll try to come up with a small list and then we can go from there.
98318242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2014, 07:32 PM   #5
dlbarr
1996 ZJ 

Sounds great, get me your list and I'll put prices together.
Unread 06-25-2014, 07:36 PM   #6
dlbarr
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98318242 View Post
.... My brother said he'd like a price on the washer fluid tank. I'll try to come up with a small list and then we can go from there.
Why don't you send your list to me via PM...
Unread 08-12-2014, 09:52 PM   #7
sabzz
1998 ZJ 

I'll take the v8 tie rod off your hands
Unread 08-13-2014, 12:24 PM   #8
dlbarr
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabzz View Post
I'll take the v8 tie rod off your hands
Sorry, sabzz, it's gone...just sold the vehicle earlier this week to the recycling yard.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.