P/S issues... are there upgrades? questions? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > P/S issues... are there upgrades? questions?

2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black (Paint to Match) Grille2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black Sun Shade (Rugged Ridge)Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-19-2011, 08:37 PM   #1
cirame1
1998 ZJ 

P/S issues... are there upgrades? questions?

Well dont drive my jeep much but ever since ive lifted and put 31's on it ive had sum power steering issues. Ive replaced a pump and a pulley on dif. occasions already and have had sum leaking issues for a bit. Also had a problem with air in the lines for a lil while also. Well other day got stuck in a lil bit of snow and within a bout 2 minutes power steering is out and fluid was everywhere. I havnt got down and dirty yet and inspected since its my second car and mostly my rig but im guessing the pump gave way or a hose blew. My question is... are there upgrades like bigger or more heavy duty pumps to handle the dif. tires etc.? im actually upgrading to 33's in a couple weeks or so and dont want to be replacing pumps left and rite. Ive seen p/s fluid coolers but thats about it for upgrade wise. Anybody have similiar issues with p/s problems running bigger tires? And also its a 98 5.9 if that matters and has a 242 swap so its in 2wd most of the time. Will be diggin into it to try and find out what exactly broke ect but until then is there anything i can look into for a beefier p/s setup? Also my last jeep went through 3 p/s pumps!

thanks in advance

full 3 inch exhaust w/flowmaster 40 series
242j tcase swap completed by jeeps unlimited providence,R.I.
cirame1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2011, 08:39 PM   #2
Spike300
1993 ZJ 

97-99 V8 Dakota-Durango steering boxes, direct bolt up. Or with a little welding, 4 bolt Grand Waggoneer box

5.2-242 tcase-44a-30x9.50x15 MT/R-American Racing Burst Rims -[COLOR="Red"]Optima[/COLOR] -E3 plugs-[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Cu[/COLOR]st[COLOR="DarkGreen"]om[/COLOR] Pa[COLOR="DarkGreen"]in[/COLOR]t-Amsoil-Addco Front and Rear-polyurethane bushings

[B]To be installed[/B]: RE gen2 discos, military battery terminals
[B]To be rebuilt:[/B] HP30
[B]To be received:[/B]
[B]To be paid for:[/B]

[B]Next on the list:[/B] complete redo of brakes and
lines
[B]Needed:[/B] fittings, coil of brake tubing, Russel speed bleeders

Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #75
Spike300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 11:13 AM   #3
cirame1
1998 ZJ 

anyway mods could move this to the technical forum i put it in here by accident. thanks
full 3 inch exhaust w/flowmaster 40 series
242j tcase swap completed by jeeps unlimited providence,R.I.
cirame1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.