oil pressure sending gauge/unit problem. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > oil pressure sending gauge/unit problem.

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 09-03-2014, 07:54 AM   #1
yanksb11

oil pressure sending gage/unit problem.

a few weeks back i went ahead and changed the pressure sending unit on my 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

it was previously oozing out and the gage was pegged at 80-..

i bought the part from Jeep dealership directly.

everything was great ..looks to be dry and gage is again working properly..

yesterday now my gage fluctuates 0-80 and everthying between... do you really think its a faulty pressure sending unit from jeep?

anyone have any thoughts?! and at this point do i have to change another one or is it possible my gagge is just ****ed up and has nothing to do with the sedning unit rt now

i could go back and get another but a bit of a hassale

Last edited by yanksb11; 09-05-2014 at 03:16 AM..
yanksb11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2014, 03:17 AM   #2
yanksb11

really need some help on this one as i dont want to go back to jeep and yell at them (ha) for giving me a faulty sending unit.

but before i changed the sending unit the gage was pegged at 80. the second i changed it went back dwn to 40..everything good until a few days ago

now it fluctuates between 0-80 multiple ttimes on a 20 minute drive..check gage comes on /goes off...better off not changing the dam thing..

plse anyone have any suggestions on what it can be

Last edited by yanksb11; 09-05-2014 at 05:32 AM..
Unread 09-05-2014, 11:48 AM   #3
Bear304inc
1998 ZJ 

Have no answer but interested to see what others have to say. Others?.....
Bump for this guy.
Bear304inc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2014, 11:50 AM   #4
Bear304inc
1998 ZJ 

Other than inspect all wiring carefully, more likely the wiring than three faulty sensors.
Bear304inc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2014, 01:05 PM   #5
yanksb11

I'm kind of a novice on cars but what wiring do you think?

the harnes the sending unit ?..is that something easy to change(cheap ha) and you think possibly it could be an oil pump and have nothing to do with the unit at all?

I'm positive the oil pressure is fine the car runs really really well
Unread 09-08-2014, 07:19 AM   #6
jb1331

I replaced my oil pressure sensor and problems went away. Freaked me out when it happened, oil pressure pegged and I shut it off immediately lol.. was glad it was only the sensor.

Have you tried resetting the computer by disconnecting the battery? You might want to pull the part again and check if any sludge got in there. It is possible you got a bad part.. it can happen.
jb1331 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.