oh my god.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > oh my god....

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #1
mKosel
1999 WJ 

oh my god....

i saw this add in the local car magazine and just shook my head... who can spot it??

15.jpg  
Unread 02-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #2
Galaxie500LTD
2001 WJ 

Hmmm, the classic 4.0L V8... very rare.
Unread 02-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #3
funkduck
2002 WJ 

It's a special edition. Probably has the lightweight no-front-differential-or-driveshaft-or-transfer-case 4x4 too, that's why it's great on snow.
Unread 02-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #4
vmo23

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkduck View Post
It's a special edition. Probably has the lightweight no-front-differential-or-driveshaft-or-transfer-case 4x4 too, that's why it's great on snow.
Those fancy AWDs...
vmo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 10:23 PM   #5
Jrboarder27
2000 WJ 

80% of the 4.0 WJ ads on Craigslist ads say V6. I just drove a coworker to look at a Dodge ram with a Cummins TURBINE diesel
Jrboarder27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 11:20 PM   #6
Cirruslydakota
1999 WJ 

As a mechanic it seriously makes me come unglued when I hear people refer to the 4.0 I-6 as a V-6. Its not a ford!

Oh, and this one time this guy said the new Hemi was a GM engine that Chrysler bought from them for the first couple years. Even after correcting him numerous times he still insisted he was right. That's when in my mind I started imagining me choking him till he passed out.

Sent from inside my 4.0.
Cirruslydakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 03:07 AM   #7
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirruslydakota View Post
As a mechanic it seriously makes me come unglued when I hear people refer to the 4.0 I-6 as a V-6. Its not a ford!

Oh, and this one time this guy said the new Hemi was a GM engine that Chrysler bought from them for the first couple years. Even after correcting him numerous times he still insisted he was right. That's when in my mind I started imagining me choking him till he passed out.

Sent from inside my 4.0.
Can I watch? Some people just have to be right. I've only every had 4.0L jeeps. So many call it a V6. I just look at them with a dumb look and ask them what kind of engine is that?

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 06:58 AM   #8
cudali
1999 WJ 

There's an 04 Overland advertised locally here with a 5.7L V8 as well. Even though one of there pictures show the engine and it states 4.7L HO.
cudali is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 07:31 AM   #9
bport15
2004 WJ 

people can never get their jeep s*** right. i went an test drove an overland back when i bought my current wj. was in real great shape except when we drove it the steering wheel was literally sideways to go straight. figured that cant be right and asked the guy about it.. said it just needed an alignment. took a look under the front and saw no front drive shaft... dont even want to know what that jeeps been through. took one look at the guy and walked off the lot. last time i ever step foot on a wholesale lot again haha (yes i realize my first mistake was going there in the first place!)
bport15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #10
jserna
1987 YJ Wrangler 

hahaha!!! You have to love retarded used car dealers!!!!
jserna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 09:16 AM   #11
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Ehhh... While that kind of mistake is extremely obvious and annoying to many of us WJ'ers, we have to remember that many people driving WJ's drive them because they are good, all-around SUVs. Driving a WJ doesn't mean you need to be mechanically inclined (though it is quite helpful to be!). That being said, anyone selling any vehicle, ESPECIALLY a dealer, should at least do enough research to advertise it properly!

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #12
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager View Post
should at least do enough research to advertise it properly!

this^

When my dad was trading in his 05 WK, the salesman asked him if it had the 4.0L V6. i bust out laughing and the salesman couldnt figure out why
Unread 02-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #13
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

I'd have asked them, when did they start making that kind of an engine, is it a one-off? See what he says. If he just turns around asing another stupid question, tell him he doesn't know what the **** he's talking about.

Interestingly though I saw an old Ford at the wreckers in the summer with an I6 in it. Was a mirror image of the jeeps'.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #14
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Ford used a 4.9 though. We had one that I fixed up and drove for a while. I dropped a crate engine in to replace the old worn out one before I scooted around in it. Durable engines. The E4OD behind it was a little iffy though but I think mine wasn't maintained properly.

Edit: Y'ing the exhaust into a 2.5" pipe with a homemade glasspack (yes, homemade) with a turn down before the rear axle made it sound like a non-turbo diesel tractor. I loved it! :-D

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #15
Jrboarder27
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager View Post
Ford used a 4.9 though. We had one that I fixed up and drove for a while. I dropped a crate engine in to replace the old worn out one before I scooted around in it. Durable engines. The E4OD behind it was a little iffy though but I think mine wasn't maintained properly.

Edit: Y'ing the exhaust into a 2.5" pipe with a homemade glasspack (yes, homemade) with a turn down before the rear axle made it sound like a non-turbo diesel tractor. I loved it! :-D
way off subject
Jrboarder27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.