The North50 WJ Grand Cherokee Build Thread - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 204 Old 06-20-2013, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
north50
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: florida
Posts: 705
Exhaust is in, will try and have it welded in tomorrow.
So of course a video of how it sounds will follow.


north50 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 204 Old 06-20-2013, 05:48 PM
Zacedward
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Midvale
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by north50 View Post
Exhaust is in, will try and have it welded in tomorrow.
So of course a video of how it sounds will follow.
Where did you get it and how much thanks

UJC #181 2004 jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7L v8, 2"bb, kolak 3 " exhaust flowmaster 50 SUV , Rola roof basket, k&n cai,245/75 /16 A/T
Zacedward is offline  
post #33 of 204 Old 06-20-2013, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
north50
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: florida
Posts: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacedward View Post
Where did you get it and how much thanks
Advanced Auto Parts Flowmaster Super 44 for $78 and free shipping.

http://m.advanceautoparts.com/mt/sho...n_jtt_redirect



This video is what pushed me in the direction of the Flowmaster Super 44
north50 is offline  
post #34 of 204 Old 06-20-2013, 07:30 PM
Zacedward
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Midvale
Posts: 706
Very nice! Thanks

UJC #181 2004 jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7L v8, 2"bb, kolak 3 " exhaust flowmaster 50 SUV , Rola roof basket, k&n cai,245/75 /16 A/T
Zacedward is offline  
post #35 of 204 Old 06-20-2013, 09:33 PM
Zacedward
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Midvale
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by north50 View Post
Now I want one Where do you take it to get welded and what's the average price to have someone weld it is this all you need sorry I am new to this thanks

UJC #181 2004 jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7L v8, 2"bb, kolak 3 " exhaust flowmaster 50 SUV , Rola roof basket, k&n cai,245/75 /16 A/T
Zacedward is offline  
post #36 of 204 Old 06-21-2013, 08:04 AM Thread Starter
north50
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: florida
Posts: 705
north50 is offline  
post #37 of 204 Old 06-21-2013, 08:40 AM
safrantz
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Columbus
Posts: 21
Nice stuff! I just bought my 04 WJ last night! $4400 before tax, ad valorem, and commission, $5250 drove off the lot... 85k mileage. It is only 2WD which I'm find with; I plan on building a off trail rig in the future, no time for it now...but it'll be my new daily driver! I'm going to follow your build just to see how things go and get ideas! Mine looks simliar! Keep up the good work!
safrantz is offline  
post #38 of 204 Old 06-21-2013, 09:50 AM
RIPNBST
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Broken Arrow
Posts: 266
If you don't mind posting your wisdom on how the quadra-drive works I would love to read it. Unless its already somewhere else, I've likely read it.

I've got quadra-drive with varilock axles in mine and I love them hell out of them. I enjoy their quasi-locker-ness(TM)
RIPNBST is offline  
post #39 of 204 Old 06-21-2013, 11:06 AM
Zacedward
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Midvale
Posts: 706
Can't wait for you to post video of your new muffler I really want to get one now

UJC #181 2004 jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7L v8, 2"bb, kolak 3 " exhaust flowmaster 50 SUV , Rola roof basket, k&n cai,245/75 /16 A/T
Zacedward is offline  
post #40 of 204 Old 06-21-2013, 11:15 AM
TeeJay4490
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tallahassee
Posts: 521
Nice jeeps man, where at in Florida are you?

-TJ


1999 Grand Laredo 4x4: Whats left of a front bumper - JK Saharas' with 33's - 4 in. Rough Country lift - HID conversion - Double cardon conversion - TJ gas cap mod - Recovery points added - Painted cladding and grill - Skid plates - All moog suspension- Roof Rack -CB radio - Cut and trimmed fenders

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...hread-1438516/

http://wjjeeps.com/
TeeJay4490 is offline  
post #41 of 204 Old 06-21-2013, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
north50
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: florida
Posts: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by safrantz View Post
Nice stuff! I just bought my 04 WJ last night! $4400 before tax, ad valorem, and commission, $5250 drove off the lot... 85k mileage. It is only 2WD which I'm find with; I plan on building a off trail rig in the future, no time for it now...but it'll be my new daily driver! I'm going to follow your build just to see how things go and get ideas! Mine looks simliar! Keep up the good work!
Thank you, sounds like a great buy. I'm very happy with the WJ so far but really look forward to get the lift on it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPNBST View Post
If you don't mind posting your wisdom on how the quadra-drive works I would love to read it. Unless its already somewhere else, I've likely read it.

I've got quadra-drive with varilock axles in mine and I love them hell out of them. I enjoy their quasi-locker-ness(TM)
Maybe some of the other guys can chime in on this because I have no wisdom when it comes to the Quadra Drive system. I'm yet to take the Jeep truly off road. I hear good things but with thoughts of a locked Dana 60 in the rear I'm sure at some point I'll be switching it out.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacedward View Post
Can't wait for you to post video of your new muffler I really want to get one now
It's definitely noticeable but I need to do a video yet. To be honest I love how it sounds at an idle but you can hear it all the time. When I had Magnaflows on my F-150 they idled nice and then only were noticeable when you got on the throttle so it wasn't a constant exhaust note. I'll see how the geometry of the Clayton lift fits with the exhaust and if I need to change it I may go a different route for the muffler, we'll see.



Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJay4490 View Post
Nice jeeps man, where at in Florida are you?
Your avatar picture makes me cringe and laugh at the same time, interesting story behind it I'm sure. Unfortunately I'm about as far from Tallahassee as one can be and still be in Florida. Im in the Ft. Myers area, and I say to bad because looks like it would be fun to go wheeling with you ( referencing the avatar again ).
north50 is offline  
post #42 of 204 Old 06-21-2013, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
north50
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: florida
Posts: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacedward View Post
Now I want one Where do you take it to get welded and what's the average price to have someone weld it is this all you need sorry I am new to this thanks
So as the picture shows I took the Jeep to a local exhaust shop explained I wanted the original muffler cut out and the new Flowmaster welded in its place. 10-15 minutes and $40 later the Jeep sounds like it has a V8
north50 is offline  
post #43 of 204 Old 06-21-2013, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
north50
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: florida
Posts: 705
This came in today.


Also received confirmation the Clayton lift has shipped. I found this picture on the web of a WJ with a 6" lift next to a stock WJ, I can't wait.
north50 is offline  
post #44 of 204 Old 06-21-2013, 08:25 PM
Zacedward
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Midvale
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by north50 View Post

So as the picture shows I took the Jeep to a local exhaust shop explained I wanted the original muffler cut out and the new Flowmaster welded in its place. 10-15 minutes and $40 later the Jeep sounds like it has a V8
Nice you inspired me I talked to kolak a vendor on this forum and he recommended the Flowmaster 50 so I ordered it today he said it's loud but not constant like you were saying or droning so I am pretty stoked to get it thanks for your post you really inspired me to get it thanks

UJC #181 2004 jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7L v8, 2"bb, kolak 3 " exhaust flowmaster 50 SUV , Rola roof basket, k&n cai,245/75 /16 A/T
Zacedward is offline  
post #45 of 204 Old 06-22-2013, 06:45 AM Thread Starter
north50
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: florida
Posts: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacedward View Post
Nice you inspired me I talked to kolak a vendor on this forum and he recommended the Flowmaster 50 so I ordered it today he said it's loud but not constant like you were saying or droning so I am pretty stoked to get it thanks for your post you really inspired me to get it thanks
Good to hear, let me know how the 50 series sounds I may go that route myself.
north50 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome