Noob checking in - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Noob checking in

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 11-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
solomaniac
2008 WK 

Noob checking in

You folks can't imagine how delighted I am to find that this place exists. I haven't encountered any problems yet, but at 65K miles, I'm sure that something will come up one of these days. A look through several pages of threads shows that there are some guys here who really know their stuff.

About my WJ: 2004 Laredo, 4.7, factory towing, the usual stuff. Bought Mar 05 as a left-over, never-titled dealer demo with 2K miles. Originally Mrs. solomaniac's DD, but retired spring of 09 when gas spiked north of $4.00/gal. Now used primarily for towing our Coleman pop-up camper (like it isn't even there), foul weather (northern Ohio winters), and carrying big stuff. Never, ever off-road, but sometimes sees off-pavement when we vacation in northern Michigan. Tire upgraded to 245/7016 Bridgestone H/L Alenzas; otherwise as delivered. Addco sway bars and something better in the way of shocks probably in the foreseable future.

I drive in SCCA solo events, and if I can ever convince Mrs. solomaniac that I need a dedicated not-street-legal solo car (maybe an obsolete Formula Ford), I already have my tow vehicle.

solomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2012, 11:51 PM   #2
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

I've worked on Formula Fords quite a bit. There's a lot of fun to be had there. Also check out D-sports racers if you are into an inexpensive vintage car with a lot of potential and not as slow as say, a Formula Vee. Of course there are faster vintage things to be had, Formula B, Atlantic, F5000... but I have found that there is a lot more car out there than there is talent for a lot of people.

Welcome to the forum!

Moving to General Discussion (non-tech).
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2012, 11:12 AM   #3
solomaniac
2008 WK 

For solo, a small-bore formula car looks like fun--FV, FF, maybe FA, even F440. The bigger stuff is kind of wasted around the cones. For right now, though, my DD Mazda 3 with a set of Konis and some Hoosier A6s in H Stock will have to do. Some nationally competitive big dogs who have been kicking my butt the last couple of years are going to other classes, so maybe I'll be running for a regional championship next year.
solomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.