Noob check-in/build thread? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Noob check-in/build thread?

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 02-19-2013, 02:20 AM   #61
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Nice. That's why I don't like going aftermarket with things if I can get reasonably a the wreckers. You know it'll fit like it should.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 08:30 AM   #62
GrandPuba
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cykaaro View Post
Nice. That's why I don't like going aftermarket with things if I can get reasonably a the wreckers. You know it'll fit like it should.
I really couldn't believe how bad it was compared to stock. Seems like the OEM tint is even darker, and the glass is more clear looking out. Now hopefully all the defrost circuits work : thumbsup:
'88 Comanche...dead and buried :(
GrandPuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #63
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

About half of my circuits weren't working. Just fixed them myself as I didn't want to chage my glass out. Still have a couple that are not working, but will get them when it warms up a bit. It's just the one edge that seems at some point was scraped with something that caused the issue. Not too hard of a fix. Rest of the circuit seems fine. If it was all pretty bad shape, the only way to fix it would have been to replace which would have cost more than the kit I bought did.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
Unread 02-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #64
GrandPuba
2004 WJ 

Isn't there some kind of conductive paint they make for that?
'88 Comanche...dead and buried :(
GrandPuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #65
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Yes. Pretty much any auto parts place should have. It's basically a repair kit made for fixing breaks in the lines. Pretty easy to do. The top two and bottom two were the only lines of mine that were working. The middle ones weren't. Couple still not getting proper contact so wil resand again and redo and they should be fine. It's basic thin copper wire or such, so if it gets scratched just right, it will break the connection on that particular wire. Sand lightly with the sandpaper in the kit, tape off either side, or use the template given, and it paints on, reconnecting the line. Have to wait quite a while to properly dry and such, then it's good to go!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.