Noob check-in/build thread? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Noob check-in/build thread?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-01-2013, 12:53 AM   #16
GrandPuba
2004 WJ 

I got the smoked versions to cut down the ricer bling a little. I did order up some high power LED backup bulbs though.. I like to see what I'm backing in to.

'88 Comanche...dead and buried :(
GrandPuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 01:44 AM   #17
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

VHT Niteshades is the way to go. Works really well. Trick is you want to do it when it's warm out (above 70*). Do very even thin coats. I do two and and let it dry. Then do another thin even coat, and let dry. Repeat as many times as necessary to get a nice even coat. Don't worry if it's not looking dark enough. Each coat will progressively do that until you get the final darkness you want. To many put too much on at once thinking it looks like it's not dark enough and make it look like a ghetto paint job. You need patience and no that the final look is what you're going for. Until you've got several coats it won't look right. Other thing is don't go too many coats or you will block out too much of your lights. Optimum is tinted so it's nicely darkened to blend in with the vehicle, so you lose that bright red look, but you should still be able to see that it's a red taillight. Reverse lights changed to bright LED's are a definite plus as well.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 06:06 AM   #18
GrandPuba
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cykaaro View Post
VHT Niteshades is the way to go. Works really well. Trick is you want to do it when it's warm out (above 70*). Do very even thin coats. I do two and and let it dry. Then do another thin even coat, and let dry. Repeat as many times as necessary to get a nice even coat. Don't worry if it's not looking dark enough. Each coat will progressively do that until you get the final darkness you want. To many put too much on at once thinking it looks like it's not dark enough and make it look like a ghetto paint job. You need patience and no that the final look is what you're going for. Until you've got several coats it won't look right. Other thing is don't go too many coats or you will block out too much of your lights. Optimum is tinted so it's nicely darkened to blend in with the vehicle, so you lose that bright red look, but you should still be able to see that it's a red taillight. Reverse lights changed to bright LED's are a definite plus as well.

Not what I'm after... I think blacked out lights only belong on blacked out cars. The taillights cost too much to go spraying junk on them.
Unread 02-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #19
Badmoony
2000 WJ 

Awesome! I live in West Linn, OR so you might see me around or i might see you around... Looks like a clean ride you got yourself there... I'll be tuning in to what you have to do to it! Maybe we can go to browns camp one of these days.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-new-moon-1469606/#post14869745"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-new-moon-1469606/#post14869745[/URL]
Badmoony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #20
GrandPuba
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmoony View Post
Awesome! I live in West Linn, OR so you might see me around or i might see you around... Looks like a clean ride you got yourself there... I'll be tuning in to what you have to do to it! Maybe we can go to browns camp one of these days.
We just may cross paths, I'm always on the lookout for modified WJ's. Yours looks great by the way! I've heard of Browns camp, but never been. Would be cool to get a group together.
Unread 02-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #21
GrandPuba
2004 WJ 

Got me some goodies today! Too bad the dummies forgot to send the lug nuts. And also too bad the dummies mounted them letters out. They didn't even ask. One would assume all tires should be mounted white in, unless the customer says otherwise. Oh well, they don't look bad. And the tires are more aggressive than I expected. Bonus!

Last edited by GrandPuba; 02-06-2013 at 12:55 AM.. Reason: problem with pics
Unread 02-06-2013, 12:57 AM   #22
GrandPuba
2004 WJ 

I think I figured out pic editing...lets see..
forumrunner_20130205_235725.jpg   forumrunner_20130205_235737.jpg  
Unread 02-06-2013, 12:59 AM   #23
GrandPuba
2004 WJ 

Nope..next time.
Unread 02-06-2013, 01:06 AM   #24
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPuba View Post

Not what I'm after... I think blacked out lights only belong on blacked out cars. The taillights cost too much to go spraying junk on them.
Or white cars I like them on white cars
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 01:07 AM   #25
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Got me some goodies today! Too bad the dummies forgot to send the lug nuts. And also too bad the dummies mounted them letters out. They didn't even ask. One would assume all tires should be mounted white in, unless the customer says otherwise. Oh well, they don't look bad. And the tires are more aggressive than I expected. Bonus!
Ohh that comes off easy alcohol I think works I'm not sure don't remember
Unread 02-06-2013, 01:36 AM   #26
GrandPuba
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post

Ohh that comes off easy alcohol I think works I'm not sure don't remember
Really? I thought the white was impregnated in the sidewall... I'll try it if it ends up bugging me.
Unread 02-06-2013, 01:44 AM   #27
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:

Really? I thought the white was impregnated in the sidewall... I'll try it if it ends up bugging me.
It's on almost all new tires it useally gets washed off yours may not though but it
Unread 02-06-2013, 01:47 AM   #28
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:

Oh wait **** there white they looked light blue lol sorry no there there forever sorry just cover them with mud
Unread 02-06-2013, 01:59 AM   #29
GrandPuba
2004 WJ 

Quote:

Oh wait **** there white they looked light blue lol sorry no there there forever sorry just cover them with mud
Haha.. Yeah I know I can get rid of the blue! I don't mind the letters much, but I need to remember to avoid curbs... Don't need white walls.
Unread 02-06-2013, 02:27 AM   #30
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Or white cars I like them on white cars
Don't like them totally blacked out, plus can cause you other headaches. ( opp, not being seen by other drivers, etc) Just like them toned down from the bright-*** red stock look. I have the taupe colour Wj so I've got them so they blend in nicely.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.