100K and unmolested Slate Niner . Tomorrow it drives from where I bought it to my garage where it will recieve the first if many mods , a 242 case . The VC is sooo bad , it binds on 1/2 the turning raduis of the strg wheel . The 242 was intended for the Orvis , but not anymore . Also will be a Hughes plenum plate that I was going to put on my 95 Ram and order a new HF cat to replace the original
Problems , the heated seats don't work , as far as I could tell anyways . Also the tailgate sensor was showing the hatch ajar on the VIC , gonna have to look into that one . Rear pinion has a typical sweat and the frt drive shaft booth the same small leakage showing . Should be minor stuff for a jeep guy . Repair the burnt wires , replace the sensor or simply adjust it . HP 30 for the frt along with a u-joint ds when I lift it and run the 44a till it breaks and needs a 8.8 . There were no pinion noises to be heard
The rest is really clean and the paint is really nice too . Probably gonna look real nice lifted with my XJ bumper . My Orvis will not appreciate the switch of all those parts , there's alot of switching to do . The trans shifted wonderfully so a new oil/filter and cut out the check valve and it should be good for a long time . The Overhead said 15.1 MPG's average , hmmm , must be the stock set up , . I'm expecting 10-12 when Im done
The Orvis was a very nice build , should I scrap it , and swap parts ? or Sell it whole for new parts ? or keep them both and get divorced ? , third is really not an option
Pics tomorrow nite when it's home . Here's the Orvis as it sits now
You should just give it to me, since you're getting a niner n all... i kid, i kid. But congrats on the find, sound like just minor issues too. You could probably get some good money on a part out for that orvis, orvis stuff is hard to find, and you've also got quite a few really nice upgrades there as well... But selling outright is still an option as well, your's is very clean and in nice shape, you could have a good turnout on that. Try a craigslist feeler ad, and shoot really high, who knows? But if you decide to part out, let me know, I spy a lot of goodies I'd like to have haha
nice find on the 5.9. i would swap over everything to the 5.9. this way you dont have to purchase everything again. if you still have the parts for the orvis you can reinstall them and sell the 5.9 goodies you have on yours to fellow jeep members. then sell the orvis stock and make a good amount of your money back. i know i would take some of those 5.9 parts off your hands pending price
1997 formerly GREEN now rustoleum bed lined zj 4.0 np242 bought 9/25/2008 MY 97 4.0 BUILD THREAD gone
1998 5.9l platnium zj np249 k&n sct bought 4/6/2010 MY NINER BUILD
2007 sahara 2 door wrangler stock bought 02/08/2011
Looks like it's going to take some cash to get it back in top shape . List of new parts picked up today
-new premium rotors
-new ceramic pads
-new e-brake shoes
-4 new refex shocks
-2 new frt axle seals
-Hughes plenum plate kit
Tomorrow , I buy the new oil and filters for the engine and trans , plus 4 quarts of Royal Purple for the diffs .
The VC is REALLY bad on this puppy so the 242 transplant will be done ASAP as well . Looks like I have some work cut out for me .
Dropping the Orvis , hmmm , may not happen , time will tell
Are you going to swap parts from the Orvis to the 5.9?
I really don't know . I want to , and , I don't want . I would like to feel the power in the Orvis on smaller wheels though , with the perf PCM , MSD and 3" exhaust , it's a close second in acceration comparing the Niner . I need my wife to get it on a back road with me in the Orvis .
I do know the grille will be switched , mine has 2 pcs of missing mesh , small , but still missing . I have decided to take my time with the Niner , there's too much to do to be in a hurry . It might not be on the road till next spring . There's another member who's my friend , I don't think he'll let me rush this project . Upcountry springs are definately going on the Niner , but I'm really close to pulling the trigger and getting a Clayton's LA kit . That would require me to sell the Orvis , you see , I have convinced her to let me keep both , one lifted , one not . 2 lifted jeeps is going to be hard to base any reasoning on for keep them both , but I will try
Ironmaiden , that's an Or-fab XJ bumper , check my threads for the install thread