Newb and his WJ - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Newb and his WJ

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 04-09-2013, 06:46 PM   #61
Newfive
2000 WJ 

I put the cladding back on today... now the arse looks old... maybe the WJ needs a butt lift....I only had 3 clips that didnt break taking them out so 4 screws and 3 clips are holding on rocker covers till my new clips get here from China... Why China???? $8 for 20.... OEM from Screwme.... $3.75 each... $75 NO FOURTHING way.....

that is smoke from grill not off color on nose shot...

jeep97.jpg   jeep98.jpg   jeep99.jpg  
Newfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #62
Newfive
2000 WJ 

Well more parts arrived.... left, right, upper and lower bushings for front axle....

Guess I will do a workup on this in a day or so... rain scheduled tomorrow and today I had to move the shed... spent rest of the afternoon in hot tub relaxing... 88* today... was great.

The shiny black ones are re-inserts for uppers on axle housing... they are polyurethane been looking for more of these for the rest of the bushings but no luck.
jeep100.jpg  
Unread 04-12-2013, 11:46 PM   #63
Newfive
2000 WJ 

Load resistors came in today... little step by step of install.

1) remove tail lights and set out tools, instructions and everything you might need.

2) strip or probe wires to test for voltage while turn signal is activated.

3) once you find correct wires (mine were brown with strip... both sides were brown and I tested both sides) clean up other wires with electrical tape or other source to keep from shorting out.

4) Install taps and resistor allowing enough room to move and clear tail light housing. (tap in high area... resistor does get warm and may melt light... plus grounding resistor body to WJ body)

5) mount resistor... test again before you clean up wires, re-wrap wires, and re-install lights...

6) install lights back into body... stand back and watch.. still fast flash but at least they flash... with light all lights on too.

YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8iQRsxPvK8
jeep101.jpg   jeep102.jpg   jeep103.jpg   jeep104.jpg   jeep105.jpg  

jeep106.jpg   jeep107.jpg  
Unread 04-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #64
Newfive
2000 WJ 

Well BUSH-ing!!!!

Upper and Lower front bushings... found supplier that has Polyurethane Bushings

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300885670578

They replace upper rubber... remove rubber and clean collar dont press out sleeve...they will press in on flared side. The other is on axle and must do same with that one... keep the collar in axle and clean out rubber. Press in bushings with little soap makes them slide in nicely.

You can see in pictures where rubber has been removed and clean... pressed in poly bushing.

I have the lower bushing set
jeep108.jpg   jeep109.jpg   jeep110.jpg   jeep111.jpg   jeep112.jpg  

jeep113.jpg   jeep114.jpg   jeep115.jpg   jeep116.jpg   jeep117.jpg  

Unread 04-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #65
Newfive
2000 WJ 

Now you see lower control arm and how I set up the tool for pressing out oval and round bushing... these will be replaced with regular rubber complete bushings.....Can not find any with Polyurethane.
jeep118.jpg   jeep119.jpg   jeep120.jpg   jeep121.jpg   jeep122.jpg  

jeep123.jpg   jeep124.jpg   jeep125.jpg   jeep126.jpg   jeep127.jpg  

Unread 04-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #66
Newfive
2000 WJ 

You can see the setup on the press and how I used plates with control arm.

In next set of pictures you can see the right side of the axle and how you remove the bushing and insert Polyurethane Bushings. The photo shows test fit.. it goes in from other side with flare.

CENTER the bolt bushing not the outside metal collar...
jeep128.jpg   jeep130.jpg   jeep131.jpg   jeep132.jpg  
Unread 04-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #67
Newfive
2000 WJ 

No WJ work lately.... been doing a trailer repair... one of my many income earners.

If you are local and need repairs... let me know
trailer1.jpg   trailer3.jpg   trailer7.jpg   trailer11.jpg   trailer12.jpg  

trailer13.jpg   trailer16.jpg  
Unread 04-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #68
Newfive
2000 WJ 

Finished trailer today.. tomorrow... SHOCK'r... at least front.. then alignment... gear oils... transfer case... need trans flush but that will have to wait a week or two.
trailer17.jpg   trailer18.jpg   trailer19.jpg   trailer20.jpg  
Unread 04-19-2013, 09:45 AM   #69
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

nice^^ you should build one for camping/off-roading
4x4Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #70
Newfive
2000 WJ 

Got Shocked in the front...

A typical replacement... top bolt rustweldedontoshockrodandwoudntcomeoff... see that crap sucks.

I reached for my hot wrench.. drivers side bottom outside bold did same... had to hot wrench that one off too.... installed and looks aahhh ok.. don't like the white.

Alignment is done also.. found place for $55... ITS A JEEP... can only adjust the toe nothing else... dont do $$$$$$$$$ for jeep. New wipers too... just in time...

Went puddle jumping this afternoon during rain... did find out I have leakages... sunroof and door jam seals need replaced... blow out sunroof drains and fix rear leak from somewhere... mystery leak...water in spare well... coming in from right rear...

Oh... and I have about 80% of steel for making my own trailer frame.... each load for clients I get little for me... I like the trailer from Extreme 4x4... thinking about that one...Its the Extreme 4x4 expedition WJ ...I have more videos on trailers and other stuff on my youtube channel
jeep133.jpg   jeep134.jpg   jeep135.jpg   jeep136.jpg  
Unread 04-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #71
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

after a hard rain last night i woke up to about an inch of water on the driver's floor. pin-pointed the leak to the top of the a-pillar.
4x4Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #72
Newfive
2000 WJ 

I found both front tubes blocked... tried blowing them out, not gonna happen... had to run telephone wire down them to clear them out... pulled up corner of carpet to remove outlet in firewall also...

Blew backwards up through to clean out... poured 1 gallon of hot bleach water down tube.. then put it all back together.

I did get my 4 LED T3 lights today... when I get extra cash will purchase 2 sets of driving lights from walleyworld then convert them.

Also received my T5 LED for console and anywhere else I can stick them... replaced plate bulbs with T10... door floor lights now RLED, RLED dash and center.... interior lights are RLED except for rear... need one more bulb... almost all lights are replaced with LED now.... Will get some night shots if rain holds off....
Unread 04-25-2013, 04:01 PM   #73
Newfive
2000 WJ 

Started on cargo carriers.. first is rear hitch carrier.... not bad way stronger than those ones you buy that can hold 500lbs... not sure but I think mine will hold tonged weight...

Finished painting cladding... look so much better now

Started today on upper luggage rack carrier... its all tacked together just need to tweak and rack... then weld it up... drill holes for lights along with couple loops for wiring then figure out how to mount it.... It does cover and protect the sunroof.. goes along front edge of opening and have tabs front and rear for mounting lights.
jeep137.jpg   jeep138.jpg   jeep139.jpg   jeep140.jpg   jeep142.jpg  

jeep143.jpg   jeep144.jpg   jeep145.jpg   jeep146.jpg   jeep147.jpg  

Unread 04-25-2013, 04:35 PM   #74
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfive View Post
Started on cargo carriers.. first is rear hitch carrier.... not bad way stronger than those ones you buy that can hold 500lbs... not sure but I think mine will hold tonged weight...

Finished painting cladding... look so much better now

Started today on upper luggage rack carrier... its all tacked together just need to tweak and rack... then weld it up... drill holes for lights along with couple loops for wiring then figure out how to mount it.... It does cover and protect the sunroof.. goes along front edge of opening and have tabs front and rear for mounting lights.
You should put snaps on the carrier then cut a tarp
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 06:17 PM   #75
Newfive
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
You should put snaps on the carrier then cut a tarp
Right now it would just blow off.. this was test fit... think ubolts... stainless ones should work...

Should have it cleaned, painted and mounted by sunday... 30 days I shall be in Texas... uggg... still tons to do... Trans flush... gear oils... ujoints.

Maybe I should widen it... it fits just inside brackets on crossbars... should I make it go outside of the whole jeep rack?
jeep148.jpg  

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.