Newb and his WJ - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Newb and his WJ

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #46
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

where ya headed for the road trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfive View Post
Painted handle and yard wiper arm with lifter...

More to come over next week... working on grill and few other things... weather needs to stay nice... set a record cold today 42... record was 51 in 1955
you should also paint that trim piece above the license plate to match the others. (looks faded)

4x4Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 05:02 AM   #47
Newfive
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Jeep View Post
where ya headed for the road trip?

you should also paint that trim piece above the license plate to match the others. (looks faded)
Yeah pretty much all the trim will get nice coat... working on roof rack... dismantled all of it and ran small parts through dishwasher.. will wipe and paint then reassemble and install... should get nice look with 5 cross bars will give good even support when I build and put cargo rack on. I need to get motor and drive train in working order... after trip will start doing mods to that.

Road trip: Straight trough to Texas (friends wedding) then do little panning find some yellow in Texas... stop off at New Orleans for some benyas and crawfish.. another stop at National WWII museum.. then off to NE Georgia to prospect for few days... will be back about the 1st of June.
Newfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 05:49 AM   #48
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfive View Post

Yeah pretty much all the trim will get nice coat... working on roof rack... dismantled all of it and ran small parts through dishwasher.. will wipe and paint then reassemble and install... should get nice look with 5 cross bars will give good even support when I build and put cargo rack on. I need to get motor and drive train in working order... after trip will start doing mods to that.

Road trip: Straight trough to Texas (friends wedding) then do little panning find some yellow in Texas... stop off at New Orleans for some benyas and crawfish.. another stop at National WWII museum.. then off to NE Georgia to prospect for few days... will be back about the 1st of June.
I'm actually going to Florida in the Falk.
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 06:52 PM   #49
Newfive
2000 WJ 

First is Army Green Grill......... haha.... primer dude!

Working GF Ranger also... found center panel and restoring it also... someone tried to PLASTIC dip it.... "L"

Got some Color on that grill.... some satin clear coat finish....Arss picture... can you say Trim and Clean!!......Gots memories 1 and 2....another shot of grill.... last shot is cleaning and prepping one base coat of color on 5 cross bars and runners of roof rack.... probably finish up roof rack tomorrow... Painted one caliper also... 4 more of those to do... and rims....
jeep65.jpg   jeep66.jpg   jeep67.jpg   jeep68.jpg   jeep69.jpg  

jeep70.jpg   jeep71.jpg  
Unread 03-30-2013, 11:25 AM   #50
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

looks good
Unread 03-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #51
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

What is that 2nd pic? I can't figure out what it is

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #52
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ View Post
What is that 2nd pic? I can't figure out what it is
i think its the center console trim for a ranger
Unread 03-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #53
Newfive
2000 WJ 

Front Bumper wrap off, clean and sand blemishes along with trimming off some extra plastic from cutting off backing for grill... I have it in two pieces so I can take wrap off plus when I make bumper it will be already done. Little color... base coat of black.... about 5 layers... will sand with 800 to smooth it out before clear coat flat.

Naked GC.... took it all OFF @@

Roof Rack parts cleaned... base coat, flat black from spray gun, got tired of rattle cans.... clear coat flat

Rack back on truck!!!
jeep72.jpg   jeep73.jpg   jeep74.jpg   jeep75.jpg   jeep76.jpg  

jeep78.jpg   jeep77.jpg   jeep79.jpg  
Unread 04-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #54
Newfive
2000 WJ 

Welp... finished the OEM bumper to black and grill to black also... with 4 coats of clear flat on them...

Bought some good USED tires, 4 matching, for road trip... about 60%-70% tread for $200 mounted and balanced... kept two back Falken Tires they were in decent shape so when I get back from road trip will put those on front and new Falkens on back...

Received 6 of 10 LED dual bulbs.. installed... had some issues with left rear light but have that fixed... now I just need to find damn blinker doohickey..... need to replace with new one... do not get any blinky from blinky doohickey.... Also received 8 of 16 194 bulbs for misc and marker lights... they don't work in overhead.. they are real dim... maybe need lower amp LED??? Need to order long tube type led bulbs for inside cargo, rear seat areas... and some T5 lights for dash and instrument panel... Need couple directional LED for plate on hatch too.

I will have to trace down the wiring and find it.. can feel it on fuse panel inside but crawled under dash and could not find it....
jeep80.jpg   jeep81.jpg   jeep82.jpg   jeep83.jpg  
Unread 04-06-2013, 07:20 AM   #55
Newfive
2000 WJ 

Oh yeah, I have all the front bushings OTW... guess there will be a writeup on that soon!!

I will be changing out to 17" tires so shoot some ideas over.... when I get back from road trip I will be looking for a 4" lift... if I could find dimensions I would fab one... just get some hine joints and tube... That would be fun but without measurements and not wanting to make a Beta GC....or the extra cash to fix broken stuff....

Anyhows... starting June... Suspension lift, larger rims/rubber, some body work and floor pan clean/paint....
Unread 04-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #56
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfive
Welp... finished the OEM bumper to black and grill to black also... with 4 coats of clear flat on them...

Bought some good USED tires, 4 matching, for road trip... about 60%-70% tread for $200 mounted and balanced... kept two back Falken Tires they were in decent shape so when I get back from road trip will put those on front and new Falkens on back...

Received 6 of 10 LED dual bulbs.. installed... had some issues with left rear light but have that fixed... now I just need to find damn blinker doohickey..... need to replace with new one... do not get any blinky from blinky doohickey.... Also received 8 of 16 194 bulbs for misc and marker lights... they don't work in overhead.. they are real dim... maybe need lower amp LED??? Need to order long tube type led bulbs for inside cargo, rear seat areas... and some T5 lights for dash and instrument panel... Need couple directional LED for plate on hatch too.

I will have to trace down the wiring and find it.. can feel it on fuse panel inside but crawled under dash and could not find it....
194 will work for the license plate lights. Your kinda lookin like me My white bottom lights turn amber when blinking tho.

The turn relay is above the fuse box. You have to take off the bottom dash piece and fit your hand up in there.

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 07:03 PM   #57
Newfive
2000 WJ 

Did a little dismantling couple days ago... getting it washed and let dry for couple days... surprising there was only one small surface rust spot.

Broke out the Maquires Leather cleaner and cleaned front two seats... "NO MORE HUMAN SCUM" left on those bastages... had to use scotch-bright pad... blue one.. doesn't scratch and gets right in there...

Overall of the Cockpit....

Finished off with more painting today... broke my Lowes spray gun though... have to get new hopper..... black just sets it off... have to find new wrap or build rear bumper... hell might just paint it till I get around to building bumpers... has some uggs on it....
jeep84.jpg   jeep85.jpg   jeep86.jpg   jeep87.jpg   jeep88.jpg  

jeep89.jpg   jeep90.jpg   jeep91.jpg   jeep92.jpg   jeep93.jpg  

Unread 04-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #58
Newfive
2000 WJ 

Yeah... I painted it... just didnt have enough spots to upload all of them.

I snapped in front rocker but will wait 24 to try and reassemble... already have spot on rear passenger side that pulled off when I took tape off... Uggg
jeep94.jpg   jeep95.jpg   jeep96.jpg  
Unread 04-08-2013, 08:42 PM   #59
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

looks real clean, what paint did you use?
Unread 04-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #60
Newfive
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Jeep View Post
looks real clean, what paint did you use?
Rustolium... Self Etching Primer (rattle can), Semi Flat Black (8oz), Clear Coat Flat (rattle can)...all from Walmart... don't forget to use wax and oil remover... $$$$ not cheap but don't skip or it will peal later get from paint supply store.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.