I have been reading these forums for about a month... with great anticipation on buying a WJ. Well I did get that WJ... it was an impound vehicle from a child molester... GLAD to have taken it off your hand bastard.
I will post some pics and links to pics have couple video... going to make a project out of this WJ. It started with going over the simple things.
1) Engine tick.. not bang or clank.. it goes away after warm... (lifters)... right now WJ is in driveway with head off.. did valve lap, new lifters, planed head with 400 emery cloth... new therm, waiting on gasket set... (online head set for $88, new head bolts $28 Parts Geek) stripped and painted also.
2) Bushings.. prob all but doing wishbone first... upper outer $10 each same as above. I have press.
3) Oil pan... uggg... one of those spinning drain plugs... soon as I get head gasket I will drop pan and get under side complete... may put in new pump... depends on what pickup looks like. Weld hole and re-weld drain plug on... clean paint and put in rear main while I have it off. Found after doing head I will do 2 more Sea Foam cleanings and oil changes to clean out engine. Then put in some good oil and filter.
4) Performance new plugs... E3... K&N filter... already sea foamed...
5) Start on suspension new tie rod ends and rest of bushing all around... take off old, clean, paint, replace. Change out off fluids and filters...
6) Fix drivers seat... frame broken.. minor stuff... need to find Tan leather cover to replace bottom pad.
I need to get all these done before end of May.. taking road trip to Texas (Wedding) and going on Vacation after that...have lots of prospecting to do...
More pics of boss/supervisor would be a great upgrade... LOL!!!
Just another old fart in a Jeep... watchout younguns!!!
RC LA, IRO 6 in springs, OTK, Bilsteins, Aussie, Eaton, RCV's, 242-SYE, hidden winch, JCR Stage 3, skidded and trussed & sleeved
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
Ok got some clean pictures now... replaced lifters and had major issue with oil pan.. some ******* thought that if he stripped out the drain plug he could drop the pan and put a nut on the plug... WTF... had to get new pan... $80
As you can see I also put on the OEM hitch with harness, new tweeters are in... new battery, 2004 head lamp lens, its clean... have SeaFoam in oil right now 5w30 to clean out rest of gunk in motor then put some GTX high mileage with a Mopar oil filter. Also put on two more roof racks for when I make a cargo carrier, doing research for making front and rear bumpers also.
Still have suspension to work on... tie rod ends, upper and lower ball joints, bushings for front upper and lower, upper rear already have just need upper ball joint, and both lower rear bushings.... then its time for new rotors, bearings, seals, and ceramic breaks.