New WK revealed...Yuck... - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > New WK revealed...Yuck...

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 04-08-2009, 02:21 PM   #46
jonzj
1996 ZJ 

I guess I'm just gonna have to get a JK to have a real Jeep.

jonzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 02:26 PM   #47
Greeeeenberg
1997 ZJ 

Watch that video. Man that thing looks real smooth crawling up to the stage. It bounces so much, air ride looks great.

FAIL

Michigan Tech Jeepers Member #1
Greeeeenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 02:29 PM   #48
QuadraTokn
1930 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonzj View Post
I guess I'm just gonna have to get a JK to have a real Jeep.
umm that is the only real Jeep after 2004
QuadraTokn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 02:44 PM   #49
RyanZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelbuilder View Post
Looks like some hippy strewn space age design. Totally not what Jeep is all about. Designed by the same guy who did the 2nd phase Compass. (The 1st phase was originally supposed to be a Dakar Rally type vehicle that was buyable by the public.....)

I really think Jeep needs to separate into its own brand....get away from Chrysler and their prototype dreams....

I think Hummer needs to do the same....get away from GM and keep a tradition going..

...both need to be that "Go anywhere" type vehicles....
Hmmm, where did I read this exact same comment a second ago? That's right...Expedition Portal. Stop trying to act like you're clever and come up with your own material, man.
'51 CJ-3A

RyanZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 02:50 PM   #50
Scottina06
2006 WK 

look at JU too...same there
Scottina06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 04:16 PM   #51
jeepgaffer
2006 WK 

I don't like everything about it, but I do like a lot of what it has to offer! I don't mind the front end, but I don't like the rear end or rear profile that much--I don't like the tail lights on the rear gate at all. I wish they would have kept an e-brake handle instead of a foot parking brake, though. I think there is a lot of cool technology in it, especially the "select-terrain" system. As much as a lot of people don't want to admit or acknowledge it on these forums, most people who buy a Grand Cherokee don't take them off road. With the new model, it seems to me like they are really making an effort to meet the needs of all the buyers while trying to increase quality and technology and compete in the upscale SUV market. I'd probably buy one!
Unread 04-08-2009, 04:59 PM   #52
walter_da_jpr
4.0 Piston Skirt Victim

1999 WJ 

This is the final nail in the coffin for wheeling GC's. Although I would consider it an option if I needed a great soccer mom SUV that is almost a crossover.

FAIL.

I will eventually warm up to it a bit
Unread 04-08-2009, 07:17 PM   #53
adgjqetuo
2004 WJ 

Yeah, I bet that auto lift will cause a lot of problems for people wanting to go above 3". But it's kinda cool it'll come with a 3" lift stock if you want it to.

It reminds me more of a WJ

How come they are staying with the WK?? Shouldn't it be WL or something?

13 Subaru Outback Limited - Current
04 Jeep grand Cherokee Overland - 23k ~ 71k - Sold
98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo SE - 73k ~ 150k - Sold
adgjqetuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 07:24 PM   #54
Z28Justin
2005 WK 

I like the concept but why do I need all this fancy stuff? I just want a vehicle that can go anywhere and tow some junk. I'm also pissed I have to pay the Limited premium to get a V8. Not cool.
Unread 04-08-2009, 08:09 PM   #55
Mickey_D
1997 ZJ 

I guess you just can't buy a vehicle anymore that is totally utilitarian like the original CJ's were, huh?

I think the last one that came close was the Samurai.
[_][][][][][][][][_]

Mickey_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 08:45 PM   #56
bigbluezj94
1994 ZJ 

that thing is sick. you guys are insane to think youre going to put a lift or anything on it. the lifting of these things ended with the wj. they are all confort and performance now. that thing is so BA though. 3'' of lift clearance at the touch of a button. most of you are judging this improperly

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]BigBlue build 3/4 ton axles, LAs, 37s [/COLOR][/B]
[B][U][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=818891[/url] [/U][/B]

99 Grand Cherokee Laredo WJ, 4.7 liter, 247 Quadra Trac II, fully loaded

[color=Black][center][size=4][font=Showcard Gothic][color=Black][url="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"][color=Black]Built Not Bought #033[/color][/url][/color][/font][/size][/center]
[/color]
[/CENTER]
bigbluezj94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 08:50 PM   #57
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluezj94 View Post
that thing is sick. you guys are insane to think youre going to put a lift or anything on it. the lifting of these things ended with the wj. they are all confort and performance now. that thing is so BA though. 3'' of lift clearance at the touch of a button. most of you are judging this improperly
I agree My self Like the Function of 3"'s lift stock idk will make life easier on shocks when ur air baggin
The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 10:30 PM   #58
DixiesCJ3B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I think that it is pretty sweet. All those sweet options for it from the factory. Granted you wont be able to lift the snot out of it easily, but for what i do at the moment that thing would be perfect.

1954 CJ3B Willys
Hurricane 4, 3-spd with Warn Overdrive, Snow-plow

NGJC# 15
Low Output 4 cylinder Jeep Club Member #166
Build Thread
Are You An Offroad Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticGringo View Post
This "Jeep thing" is like dating a really really hot chick, who is crazy! Its alot of fun, you spend too much money, your up all night ending up sweaty & greasy from it, your friends are jealous, you get admission into some sort of weird club... but it gets mad at your for no reason, throws fits seemingly randomly, has unexplained issues which it somehow solves on its own only after you try a bunch of different things (and spend a bunch of money) to solve it... and yet you can't resist getting in it every chance you can.
DixiesCJ3B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 11:08 PM   #59
dieth
2008 WK 

Only two engines?

It seems the 4.7 is gone. Only a DOHC V6 with the single speed Quadratrak 1. The hemi 5.7 gets either the Quadratrak 2 or the Quadradrive 2. The running gear is nothing new. You have to buy the 5.7 to get a two speed transfer case. These transfer case options look to be what's available today...nothing new.

Reading between all the marketing hype, the only thing new is the air suspension. I see that as a complicated add-on. I had a 88 subaru GL-10 ( my daughter's) that had air suspension. two of the air shocks went out and Subaru wanted $400 per shock. I tore it all out and put in springs and regular struts and shocks.

Exterior styling is OK though.
dieth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2009, 03:55 AM   #60
sandman
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottina06 View Post
this video shows the sunroof
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iseiospb60k
wow, it does have push button suspension height adjustability. theyre calling it quadra lift.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.