New stereo... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > New stereo...

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor Day Sale!

Unread 12-26-2010, 02:08 AM   #1
exrm193

New stereo...

I'd like to replace the stereo in my 99 Grand, to something a bit more modern (mp3) but I'd like to keep the steering wheel controls.
Can anyone recommend a new head unit???

Thanks

exrm193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2010, 10:03 AM   #2
PurpleZJ
1996 ZJ 

this is the stereo i have and absolutely love it. i used to get pioneers but the pioneers look ugly as all get out now and i liked the looks of this one and have had a good experience with duals before.

coupled with the PAC-SWI-PS adapter you'll keep your steering wheel controls. i personally never got around to buying it and have gotten used to not having them but wouldnt mind getting them back one of these days

EDIT: the only thing i hate about that stereo is the white cable with the black faceplate. but thats just me being picky haha
1996 ZJ- 4.0, [COLOR="Purple"]AX-15 5SPD/NP242[/COLOR], RE 4.5" lift, 36x12.50x16.5 Goodyear military surplus tires, Longarms/Tri-4 link/one ton axle build/swap in progress, arb bumper, a bunch of other goodies
1995 XJ- 4.0 HO, ax-15(stolen for swap), stock
2001 GMC Sonoma-RIP...
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 ECSB-roadtrip/long haul vehicle
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"]RIP Troy (bigbluezj94) you wont be forgotten[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]December 2010 GCOTM[/COLOR]

5spd ZJ Club Member 001
[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=bddisi;6376248]Glad you are ok. If you were a cat, you would be down to 8.:D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Greengc4x4;10782815]Everything looks great, Hellen Keller! :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rritch;10960201]plastic + Fuel + Ignition = "Bubba wake up this is gonna be good" :rofl:[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]RIP William Anthony Kolich(DAD)
you were the best father i could have wished for. I'll always miss you
04/28/58-2/13/11[/COLOR][/CENTER]
PurpleZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2010, 11:28 AM   #3
JFox21
1996 ZJ 

Alpine CDA-105 CD/MP3/WMA/AAC Receiver with Rear USB and Aux Inputs

I have this headunit, and I love it. It comes with an iPod control cable that I routed to the glove compartment.

Sophomore at Santa Clara University
JFox21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.