New Memeber: Viplogics 2004 Laredo 4.7 build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > New Memeber: Viplogics 2004 Laredo 4.7 build

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 10-17-2013, 02:15 AM   #1
VIPLogics
2004 WJ 

New Memeber: Viplogics 2004 Laredo 4.7 build

Aloha,
New Member from Hawaii who is an ex-BMW mechanic and I wanted to share my WJ build that I started in late August 2013. My WJ is a trail ready 2004 4.7 Laredo that I purchased locally from a gentleman who brought it with him from Iowa. I got it at a very good price because the rocker arm issue caused the motor to sound like it was going to blow up and scared the seller to just dump it. A friend helped me bring it home and I was happy boy.

The second day, I slapped on wrangler 18" wheels I picked up from CL to update the look, it was a big mistake because of clearance issues. A week later, I picked up front and rear overland varilock axles and installed the rear. Since the big rims and tires kept rubbing on the body, my WJ got stuck everywhere even with the varilock in the rear. I was flustered and installed the rough country 4" lift kit, picked up 17" wrangler rubicon rims with M/T tires, installed custom slider, cut my bumpers, pounded my fenders, and cut the body for more clearance.

It hasn't been very long that I've owned my Jeep but I am very happy with it and I'm hoping to install my front axle by next week to attack the "JEEP Eater" hill at a local trail called peacock flats.

Alright, here's what she looks like:

photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo-4.jpg

Last edited by VIPLogics; 10-17-2013 at 01:10 PM.. Reason: added more photos
VIPLogics is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 11:27 AM   #2
jpat30

Looks great; I especially love the new 10th Ann Rubicon wheels you have there. Welcome to the party!
-Carpe Diem Phil 1:20
jpat30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 03:37 PM   #3
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Aloha, welcome to the forum. Those are some big wheels. Good luck fighting that hill!

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.