New member, new-to-Jeeps - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > New member, new-to-Jeeps

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 12-03-2014, 05:45 AM   #1
mjb1032
2001 WJ 

New member, new-to-Jeeps

Hi Guys,
I just joined the world of Jeep-ownership.
My son was clamoring for his first car and liked the looks of a WJ.
Being 16, it was my job to find a decent one. I spent some time searching CL ads. Looked at and test drove a few. We settled on this 2001 WJ Laredo I found.
It has 158K on it, and some nice options.
It needs work, but here in New England, finding one without too much rust is difficult.
This one was garaged it's whole life and is in good shape.
I'm the lucky one that gets to fix it (with his ahem, "help").

I'll be doing a lot of searching and reading here!
I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions too.

anthonys-jeep.jpg  
mjb1032 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2014, 05:53 AM   #2
mjb1032
2001 WJ 

I forgot to add....
I'm a gear-head going back to my teens, and spend most weekends in the garage.
Last weekend we replaced the headlight housings, hood and tail gate lift-supports, and tie rod ends.
I also back-flushed the heater core & gave the radiator and engine a good flushing.
Next up is shocks, stabilizer bar bushings and links, and there's a small oil leak I need to track down.

I'm impressed with how rugged this seems to be!
mjb1032 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2014, 07:01 AM   #3
Ah673000
2002 WJ 

Congratulations....

One word of caution on shocks.... Be careful that after market shocks often have the wrong bore on the attachment connections and will creat an annoying thunk.
Ah673000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.