New Jeep owner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > New Jeep owner

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAwesome Open box items at OPENBOXOFFROAD.COMJeep parts, deals and more at JeepHut.com

Unread 03-22-2015, 02:39 PM   #1
Sam340
2000 WJ 

New Jeep owner

Hey fellow jeep owners!!

I'm new to the forum. Got my first jeep back in Sept 2014. Absolutely love it. I think I got a steal. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited with 144k miles for $2400. Black with tan leather. Pretty much mint interiors. A little rust on the rockers and body has some scratches. I do have a dent in the passenger rear quarter panel but hopefully I can have the dent and scratches fixed for cheap this summer.

The only things I've done to it other than regular oil changes are added black step bars, tinted the front windows, new tires, new Monroe Sensa shocks and a new muffler.

Future upgrades include the akebono calipers, possibly bilsteins, and a 2 inch Lift.

Anyway just wanted to say hello.

image.jpg  
Sam340 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2015, 02:43 PM   #2
Sam340
2000 WJ 

Forgot to add I did add new tail lights, headlights and 3rd brake lights and added a SS exhaust pipe.
image.jpg  
Unread 03-22-2015, 02:45 PM   #3
Sam340
2000 WJ 

Headlights
image.jpg  
Unread 03-22-2015, 02:47 PM   #4
Sam340
2000 WJ 

Oh and I did paint the wheels black. Guess I forgot how much I've actually done to it.
image.jpg  
Unread 03-22-2015, 02:58 PM   #5
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

WJ tech forum?

2000' WJ Limited 4.7L-V8/D44/Quadra-Drive/31" MT's/3" lift
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2015, 03:20 PM   #6
pmcjeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman
WJ tech forum?
Come on boogie be happy for the guy and tell him congrats and welcome to the forum. Maybe help him decide on a decent lift.

Op looks like a nice start! Welcome to the wj forum.
Unread 03-22-2015, 04:41 PM   #7
Sam340
2000 WJ 

Sorry. Did I post in the wrong forum? My bad.
Unread 03-22-2015, 04:44 PM   #8
pmcjeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

What kind of lift are you considering for it?
Unread 03-22-2015, 05:13 PM   #9
Sam340
2000 WJ 

After reading a bunch of posts on here I'm thinking something cheap. Changing to longer springs seems too pricey. I was hoping to keep it to a few hundred dollars. Kolak sent me some info on a 2 inch BB for $100, and possibly replacing the rubber spring isolators for another $100.
Unread 03-22-2015, 05:38 PM   #10
pmcjeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Kolak is a good vendor to buy from. Also have you looked at the lifts from fatbobsgarage? There's a couple places you can get a spring lift from for around $300 but you will prob want to add on to these.
Unread 03-23-2015, 08:39 AM   #11
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcjeep View Post
Come on boogie be happy for the guy and tell him congrats and welcome to the forum. Maybe help him decide on a decent lift.
to the OP.

2000' WJ Limited 4.7L-V8/D44/Quadra-Drive/31" MT's/3" lift
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.