Nelson1248-build thread - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Nelson1248-build thread

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 08-13-2009, 01:21 PM   #31
nelson1248
2002 WJ 

haha no i have a . and a ! haha... but ! helps me express myself online and ? and ... you know what i mean lol

im usually pretty happy and excited! better to be that way and worry less idk why people on here are always so angry and raging on eachother! a good comment really helps people out alot and motivates people to always want to do more and more! so as you can tell i am very easily motivated!

I will definitely keep a full bumper in mind for the future tho!
I went with a full brush guard i havent got it mounted yet because im still in the process of the fender flare install the install is pretty easy and simple. i took the flares to get painted yesterday so they should be done on wednesday at about noon they were pretty booked but the dude saud he would find time to get them done.

reason why i havent installed the brush guard is because idk if the light guards are gonna work out with the flares so thats why i havent put it on if it doesnt work out ill probably sell the brushguard and get a full bumper but that is out of my budget right now so im hoping the guard fits for a while at least!!!

so any opinions on the lights and/or roof rack!?!

Unread 08-13-2009, 10:01 PM   #32
Haleyrz
1998 ZJ 

Nelly.........man. Your jeep is amazing! Makes me real sad I'm trading my 33's for 32's. I have me reasons though . Those wheels are freaking awesome. As far as roof rack/lights.........do it!
1996 ZJ Laredo, 5.2L V8, 3" Kolak exhaust, K&N FIPK, 4300K HID's, Sold

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...27&ref=profile
Haleyrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2009, 11:14 PM   #33
rmtomasin
1998 ZJ 

dude you said you can weld right you should make your own stuff like bumpers and what not, your tire carrier is sick, i cant wait to get my welding down
Built Not Bought #233
98 ZJ I6
Build Thread
rmtomasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2009, 12:33 AM   #34
nelson1248
2002 WJ 

lol so what option are you choosing haley??? A,B, or C?

and ya i can weld but its pretty pricey to start something new for example i dont have a design i would go off of and would be pretty darn hard to draw a blue print the tire carrier was pretty simple but was pricey for the first since i had to keep changing stuff to make it more solid and then somethin else kept coming up to make it more solid but now i got it down and would be easier to make!

welding isnt really too hard, i think its just scary you keep thinking of what if i mess up but now i just mess up and grind it fixes the mistake in only a few seconds so i got it down pretty good you just need to pick a pattern and keep goin off of that! i like to do either half moons(bananas) or circles depending on what angle my arm is at?!
Unread 08-14-2009, 01:26 AM   #35
Haleyrz
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson1248 View Post
lol so what option are you choosing haley??? A,B, or C?

and ya i can weld but its pretty pricey to start something new for example i dont have a design i would go off of and would be pretty darn hard to draw a blue print the tire carrier was pretty simple but was pricey for the first since i had to keep changing stuff to make it more solid and then somethin else kept coming up to make it more solid but now i got it down and would be easier to make!

welding isnt really too hard, i think its just scary you keep thinking of what if i mess up but now i just mess up and grind it fixes the mistake in only a few seconds so i got it down pretty good you just need to pick a pattern and keep goin off of that! i like to do either half moons(bananas) or circles depending on what angle my arm is at?!
Wow...totally missed the options. Thats what I get for trying to skim read.....I personally dont like lights on the roof, but I dont think they would look good on the brush guard. Keep as much away from your grille as possible...especially living somewhere hot...so option A for sure!
1996 ZJ Laredo, 5.2L V8, 3" Kolak exhaust, K&N FIPK, 4300K HID's, Sold

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...27&ref=profile
Haleyrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2009, 10:53 AM   #36
nelson1248
2002 WJ 

option A...

anyone else have any opinions?

if i were to put light on the brushguard and leave the ones on top would you guys think it would be too many lights?
Unread 08-15-2009, 11:05 AM   #37
ANGJetMech
2001 WJ 

Nice jeep man! That looks awesome!
[SIZE="3"]"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post"
[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Blue"]Air Force Jeep Club- Tail# JF064NG[/COLOR]

[SIZE="4"][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Black Bettys Build Thread[/FONT][/B][/SIZE] -----> [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=752646[/url][SIZE="4"][/SIZE]
ANGJetMech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2009, 02:02 AM   #38
nelson1248
2002 WJ 

this is the install for the flares!
not too hard too do either...

1st off you start by removing the piece of cladding...
then you hold the flares up against the body and mark the hole with a sharpie or something... then you drill the holes...

then you trace the flare onto the fender and then remove the flare... after you have done this you draw a line about 1/2" above the 1st line. then you grab your handy dremel or sawzall. i used a sawzall it worked out fine...

should look somewhat like this but straighter if you can it doesnt really matter i think the other side came out way better haha!

after the front fenders were cut I sprayed the unpainted metal with some black spray paint to avoid future rust then i put some door edge molding stuff that i found at autozone just to soften the edge a little more.
then i trimmed the front bumper cover to match the new starting point of the flares and has some left over molding so i finished the bumper cover with this too my mom really seamed to like the look of the bumper cover after the molding so i would recommend it to soften the edge up and make it look more original.

after this was done i put the flare back on to test fit it... i did this to both sides!
i was happy with the results so then i removed it again and left them off.

so then i started the back...
the back is a little harder but not too much harder than the front and the front was easy! so you can imagine how easy this all was!

first off you start with the door...

then the back. then you trace the flare and remove and start cutting about 1/2 inch above the line.

after you cut all the edge of the door and the rear quarter panel you will have some open metal you will need to cut tabs to open it up and shape it to the door.

i filled in the gap that was left under the door with some expandable foam found at your local Home Depot for about 6 bucks... then tacked the metal... after this was done i grinded it and used some door edge molding stuff to soften the edge so my lovely passenger wouldnt cut themselves lol...

then i spray painted all the open metal again so it wont rust and then painted the inside of my wheel wells while i was at it front and rear... then took the flares to get painted!

I forgot to cut the rear bumper cover and had already took the flares to the paint shop so i just waited and didnt drive the Jeep for a few days...

Last edited by nelson1248; 08-19-2009 at 11:29 AM..
nelson1248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2009, 02:05 AM   #39
Jones
Consider the following...

Did you use a censored word when you saved the pictures? None of them are working here or in the PM you sent me for GCOTM.
Unread 08-19-2009, 02:07 AM   #40
nelson1248
2002 WJ 

no not censored i just realized its now working too!!!
the finalized********* should say finallized********!?!
Unread 08-19-2009, 02:08 AM   #41
nelson1248
2002 WJ 

i guess its still censored that too its supposed to say finallized jeep pics but with out the spaces
Unread 08-19-2009, 02:11 AM   #42
Jones

Just make it something simple like fenders or jeep.
Unread 08-19-2009, 02:13 AM   #43
nelson1248
2002 WJ 

but then i would have to erase all my pics from my photo bucket and upload them again and man its a bunch of pics for the flare install since i was gonna do a write up but i guess im gonna have to huh
Unread 08-19-2009, 02:15 AM   #44
Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson1248 View Post
but then i would have to erase all my pics from my photo bucket and upload them again and man its a bunch of pics for the flare install since i was gonna do a write up but i guess im gonna have to huh
lol yeah I don't think you have a choice if you want to post them here.
Unread 08-19-2009, 02:17 AM   #45
corndogduff

nice jeep
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
corndogduff is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.