need ideas for first build. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > need ideas for first build.

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 07-20-2014, 05:20 AM   #1
tduggs

need ideas for first build.

so I just got a 99 grand Cherokee with a bad tranny for free. I Want to fix it and make it my own but don't really know where to start. I want to lift it and get big tires, and I've been looking online and found some really cool pics of Cherokees that cut out the back and put an exoskeleton on it. Any one have experience with this?

And as far as the outside I had an idea.. Like painting it black with purple zombie response team logos on it and a biohazard sign on the hood. Replacing the door handles with chains and and getting purple head lights and blacked out back lights.even putting hinges on the top of the door so its like gullwing doors. Any thoughts?

tduggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2014, 12:16 PM   #2
Timbo24
2000 WJ 

I would say first decide how much you would like to spend on it. Then fix the tranny. Once it's totally fixed. Go over the whole engine then do all the fluids and various maintenance items. Thermostat, hoses, battery cables, new battery if it needs it. etc. then once it's running as well as you think it should, use all the extra money in your budget to do whatever you want! It's a free jeep after all so get a crazy as you want with it and make it suitable to do what you want with it. Obviously if you want to dd it don't get too crazy, but do as you please. I would just do a bb lift and bilsteins and trim for whatever tires you want.
Timbo24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.