Need help !!!! Should I buy this Grand Cherokee - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-01-2015, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
markdm4805

Need help !!!! Should I buy this Grand Cherokee

My downstairs neighbor wants to sell me her 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee. She has told me upfront it has a front end shake and I did a real short test drive not enough to really put it through its paces but about a mile down city streets. It does seem to shake starting around 25 mph. She also said it needs a new catalytic converter and the replace coolant sensor message is on. It's had a new transmission and a new radiator installed. She wants $ 2000 for it. Is this a good deal and how much work should I expect to put into it to make it a daily driver ? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-01-2015, 08:45 AM
derekmac
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
$2000 would be OK if it didn't need any work. Remember, that Jeep is almost 20 years old, and depending on how much work has been done to it, you could end up having to replace a lot more than you originally thought.

2005 TJ Rubicon
post #3 of 4 Old 02-05-2015, 07:37 AM
kitchnmn

I have a 97 Gr cherokee sitting in my driveway. It stopped running, and I haven't found the problem, I would let you have it for about $400.
It is in good mechanical condition, except that it doesn't start. I mean that I always maintained it mechanically, brakes, tires, oil changes etc.
I had new synthetic leather seats made last year. I think that it just needs a new ecm computer unit, for about $250
It is in Dallas, Ga.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-05-2015, 08:00 AM
vlackattack
1997 ZJ 

Considering that he's in California, I doubt he's interested lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.