NarnWV's super slow build thread - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > NarnWV's super slow build thread

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 09-19-2011, 12:22 PM   #106
r_kelly252
2001 WJ 

^^x2 Body control module.
my friends girls wj had a similar issue with the bcm. it didnt allow the use of windows or ac.... so they ran with no doors during that july heat wave. lol
The only other option it could be, but i have no idea of how to test other than replace. i read somewhere the module that operates windows is on the passenger door panel built into the switches. but on the passenger side. i think wj jeeps is where i read that.
you'd replace that whole unit. that somehow communicates with the bcm as well. but just an idea to look into.
surf around wj jeeps.com and the have a diagram on diff modules for the wj where they located and what they do.

r_kelly252 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #107
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Haven't had much time to do anything to the WJ recently. I took it wheelin' this past Sunday. The Hankooks SUCK in any sort of mud.

Today I re-wired my roof lights, and ran the CB antenna wire through the body instead of through the hatch door.

Oh, and this:

narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2011, 07:14 PM   #108
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

You really didn't like the Hankooks in the mud? I think they do as well as most AT's in mud. They're certainly better than the Michelin MTX tires I had before. Sure, they still slosh around a bit, but they're not mud tires. I drive more on rough, rocky terrain such as in Colorado, and in snow and on ice, so I like those handling aspects over the mud issues. Still, if mud is your thing, I'm not sure which are the best AT's. I've never really looked into them for that purpose.

That's a LOT of miles for the 4.7. You had yours rebuilt though, no? How long ago?

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2011, 07:37 PM   #109
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Mud really isn't my thing, but it's impossible to avoid here. The Grabber AT2s I had were WAY more planted in the mud, but I'm sure that's due to their tread being a little further apart. I don't hate the Hankooks, it's just that I went from the Generals, to BFG M/Ts to these, so they felt like they had no grip as soon as it got sloshy.

Yes, my 4.7 was rebuilt at 192k ~50,000 miles ago due to the PO not checking the oil and spinning the #8 bearing.

Unread 11-14-2011, 09:24 AM   #110
narnwv

2000 WJ 

I haven't had much time to do anything to the Jeep recently. With the 2nd kid on the way, and work being crazy, I haven't done much. I'm going to try to get some updates soon.

Unread 11-14-2011, 09:37 AM   #111
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

I guess you'll be doing the second child seat mod? Well, good luck with everything. Jeeps aren't always of top priority. You've got a family to worry about.

Unread 02-18-2012, 11:11 AM   #112
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Man I'm never on here anymore. I used to spend HOURS on this site. 2 kids and 70+ hour work weeks will wear ya down. Anyway,

well this week I paid off my student loans, so to celebrate I ordered this:

This will be a great improvement. Right now I'm running a 2" BB on top of my springs. I measured the other day, and I'm only running about 3/4" over stock due to my 250,000 mile springs. This is going to be a GREAT improvement. Now I just need to find some 32/33s to slap on her, and get some armor.

Unread 02-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #113
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

It seems life has pulled a lot of us away from here, but it's good to see you back again. What kit is that? It looks awesome. Congrats on the upgrade. Be sure to post pics of the install. You've not got any armor yet? I thought you had. What tires are you looking at getting? Are the Hankooks still causing you headaches?

Unread 02-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #114
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard View Post
It seems life has pulled a lot of us away from here, but it's good to see you back again. What kit is that? It looks awesome. Congrats on the upgrade. Be sure to post pics of the install. You've not got any armor yet? I thought you had. What tires are you looking at getting? Are the Hankooks still causing you headaches?
Yep. Life's been crazy, but settling down a bit finally. It's actually been way more responsibility than expected taking over the Chairman position in my state's Jeep Club.

It's the Rough Country "X-series" kit. One of the guys in the club is a Rough Country dealer, and he got it to me for $625. (RC wants $749+shipping) So I couldn't pass up the deal. I'm probably going to get the IRO rear upper arm, since I've been talking about it for a year now.

Nope no armor. Got a few dents in the rockers to prove it too. I need some sliders and a tcase cover stat!

Not sure on the tires yet. I hate the hankooks. The little bit of snow we've had, I had almost zero traction. The rear ones haven't worn any different, and are annoyingly loud/vibrat-y on the interstate. I'm sure it's where I bought them used (barely used) though. They're also load range "E", so they're heavier than needed. I went on a trail ride this past fall, and even lowered to 15psi, the sidewalls barely squatted.

Anyway, Kit's on it's way. Tires will be too soon probably. Just gotta decide how much I want to spend on them. It'l be M/Ts all the way, since I DD the tracker now. (BTW I put Yokohoma Geolander A/Ts on the Tracker, and they're great)

Unread 02-19-2012, 09:14 PM   #115
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by narnwv View Post
Yep. Life's been crazy, but settling down a bit finally. It's actually been way more responsibility than expected taking over the Chairman position in my state's Jeep Club.

It's the Rough Country "X-series" kit. One of the guys in the club is a Rough Country dealer, and he got it to me for $625. (RC wants $749+shipping) So I couldn't pass up the deal. I'm probably going to get the IRO rear upper arm, since I've been talking about it for a year now.

Nope no armor. Got a few dents in the rockers to prove it too. I need some sliders and a tcase cover stat!

Not sure on the tires yet. I hate the hankooks. The little bit of snow we've had, I had almost zero traction. The rear ones haven't worn any different, and are annoyingly loud/vibrat-y on the interstate. I'm sure it's where I bought them used (barely used) though. They're also load range "E", so they're heavier than needed. I went on a trail ride this past fall, and even lowered to 15psi, the sidewalls barely squatted.

Anyway, Kit's on it's way. Tires will be too soon probably. Just gotta decide how much I want to spend on them. It'l be M/Ts all the way, since I DD the tracker now. (BTW I put Yokohoma Geolander A/Ts on the Tracker, and they're great)
Life has become all about responsibility then? I didn't know you were the chairman of your Jeep Club. Kudos on the position.

It definitely sounds like you could use some armor. What're you looking to get?

E probably is too much for the weight of the Jeep. I do feel bad you've had such an experience with the Hankooks. Perhaps the load range and their being used is why. I had good luck with mine. Thinking of getting the GY Kevlars? Those always look nice. I forgot you had a Tracker. Details?

Unread 02-19-2012, 09:46 PM   #116
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Thanks.

Definitely some sliders, leaning towards JCR sliders. Not sure on the tcase cover yet. I'm thinking of getting the sliders, then maybe building a giant belly skid that attaches to the sliders. Then I need bumpers, then I need....(you know how it is)

The Tracker is cool. It's the newer body style, not the square body of the 90s models. It's little, but 4 door and hauls around servers and computers pretty well. It's a base model, the only options it has are an automatic trans (boo) and cruise control. It gets about 30mpg, so I drive it just about everywhere.

Unread 02-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #117
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Before:

After:

Unread 02-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #118
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Can't wait to get these parts on. I measured this evening, and it seems that even with the 2" spacers, due to my 249,000 mile springs, and crushed spring isolators, my front end is stock height.

Unread 03-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #119
narnwv

2000 WJ 

I finally got my rear sway bar on. I've been hearing for 3 years how this one item is the best thing you can do at any height to get rid of the boat-like feel to the WJ. I've only driven ~6 miles since I put it on today, but it's for sure worth every penny. It'll help a lot once the COG is higher.

Check the difference between the tiny little factory rear sway bar, and this Addco bar. (double the thickness)

Also discovered a bunch of gear oil on the inside of one of my rear wheels. That's going to be fun to deal with.

The lift gets put on in 7 days.

Yesterday I drove to Lexington and picked up a set of Rubicon take-off tires. (BFG KM M/T 255/75/17--32") A guy bought a 2012 Rubicon, and had 35s waiting when the Jeep was delivered. They have 800 miles on them, although you can't tell. I got all 5 tires for $550.

Unread 03-16-2012, 03:10 PM   #120
narnwv

2000 WJ 

all packed up and ready to install tomorrow:

We're doing our club's monthly Meet & Greet at a guy's house, that's doubling as a "Lift Party" for me and another guy.

CANT. FRIGGIN. WAIT.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.