NarnWV's super slow build thread - Page 41 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > NarnWV's super slow build thread

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-13-2013, 01:35 PM   #601
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager View Post
Block garage - nice. That will help keep the garage fairly comfortable in the extreme weather!
Yeah, it's part of the house, so there's HVAC in there and everything.

Moving sucks. I haven't been on here in a week, other than to repond to PMs via my phone. We're about finished up though. We've got the garage almost cleaned up of our boxes from moving, and hopefully tomorrow the Jeep will be going in there for some overdue repairs, and possibly some modifications if I can dig out the grinder

Sent from the ISS using laser beams.

narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #602
narnwv

2000 WJ 

well, 15 days later and I'm finally going to be able to pull the Jeep in the garage and dig into some things. I had to go out of town last week for training (and another cert!), so everything's been behind.

I finally got Ethernet cable run throughout the house, so most of the computers are up and running, and mommy is happy, so daddy can start doing daddy things.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the first things I plan to do is pull off the rear bumper and put the longer bolts in it that I've had in a box in the spare tire well since a week after putting the bumper on.

Unread 06-01-2013, 11:31 PM   #603
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Been tooling around in the garage for a couple of days. Pulled the front end apart so I can replace (under warranty) my hole-filled condenser. I figured I'd go ahead and warranty-replace the radiator too, but it looks like radiator barn is no more. Their URL redirects to getallparts.com.

Luckily, that forced me to finally look around for an all aluminum one that wasn't $500 like the Griffin one. I found this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/JEEP-GRAND-C...&vxp=mtr#rpdId

2-row, all aluminum for the 99-2000 4.7 Grand Cherokee for $200. Can't beat that!

Gonna order that and sliders (finally) on monday, maybe the IRO tcase skid as well.

Unread 06-03-2013, 10:05 AM   #604
adavis39
2002 WJ 

i hope I dont have to do the radiator again anytime soon, but keep us updated on that aluminum rad. Looks nice, im just hesitant to order stuff like that on ebay without previous feedback. Hopefully it works out cuz thats a nice deal!
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2013, 06:06 PM   #605
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adavis39 View Post
i hope I dont have to do the radiator again anytime soon, but keep us updated on that aluminum rad. Looks nice, im just hesitant to order stuff like that on ebay without previous feedback. Hopefully it works out cuz thats a nice deal!
I think I'm going to order it tomorrow. Thursday night I replaced my condenser, and the accumulator. While the condenser was off, I noticed, then hosed out, tons of mud from the radiator. Hoping that would settle it, but alas it did not. Still gets to 215ish on the highway with the A/C on, and I still have air in there somehow.

One thing to note, after pulling a vacuum on the A/C Thursday night, it held for 4+ hours, but was back at 0psi the next evening after work. I wasn't sure if it was the Jeep, or my Harbor Freight manifold gauges, so I vacc'd again and recharged it. The air is ice cold (except on the passenger side--no air flow), but if it looses the juice again, I'm going to pull the dash and replace the evaporator. I think I may end up doing that anyway, to get the heater core replaced just to completely rule it out of my air-in-system/over temp issues. I need to patch/repair the duct work for the passenger vents anyway.

Pics of the compressor/accumulator in the next post.

Unread 06-09-2013, 06:07 PM   #606
narnwv

2000 WJ 

well, apparently my pics are too big for the mobile app.....

in other news... this is still going on:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...power-1519199/

Unread 06-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #607
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Test photo upload 1371592773328.jpg

1371592804582.jpg
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Unread 06-18-2013, 05:36 PM   #608
CRJEeP_wj
2002 WJ 

What's goin on here? Are you still having the transmission o.d problem? Could it be a probablem with your tcm?
Unread 06-18-2013, 06:10 PM   #609
narnwv

2000 WJ 

the above pictures are the last pictures taken. I was testing the upload from the autoguide app. Since the new owners bought the forum, they jacked up the imaging server, which then broke uploading decent resolution pictures from the JeepForum app.

YES! I am still having issues with the transmission. I've been driving it for the past week (probably horrible for it) to try to dig deeper.

While sitting still against a concrete wall, I can hear the shift solenoid operating like it's trying to change gears, although it doesn't need to while I'm sitting still. (you know, the classic Chrysler transmission shift noise). This morning at McD's, while my foot was on the brake, it changed gears and lurched forward. I've figured out that when I manually pull it into 1st, it seems like it's in first gear (power is normal-like it's always been), then the RPMs jump and the Jeep takes off like a bat out of hell.

My money's on the shift solenoid, but it's blowing my mind that I'm not getting a CEL (at LEAST a P0700) for it.

Unread 06-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #610
CRJEeP_wj
2002 WJ 

Yea, it would makes sense for a code to pop up. That's crazy, have you found anyone else with this problem?
Unread 06-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #611
narnwv

2000 WJ 

nope

Unread 06-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #612
narnwv

2000 WJ 

when it happens on a gravel road, it's like someone jams it in park for 1/8th of a second.

Unread 06-21-2013, 08:41 PM   #613
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Update on the trans situation. I called a local trans shop. All the guys in my local Jeep Club recommended them. I called the shop, told him the trans model and the symptoms I was having. He said that he could look at it the 2nd or 3rd week of July, and mentioned that it was kind of common for the screw holding the flat, sump filter to come out when the trans isn't serviced on a regular schedule. He told me to pull the pan, replace the filters and fluid, and report any abnormalities back to him.

I ran out and picked up a filter kit this evening ($24.99 for the kit--both filters, pan gasket, and o-ring from autozone) and will be doing this tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that what he mentioned is in fact the issue, and why it's not throwing any kind of code.

Wish me luck.

Unread 06-21-2013, 08:54 PM   #614
narnwv

2000 WJ 

oh, and I found this semi-hilarious video on how to change the fluid in the 545rfe:

Unread 06-22-2013, 12:10 PM   #615
narnwv

2000 WJ 

well, no screw misplaced in the trans, and not really much material on the magnet. PLENTY of pictures have been taken. I'll post them later when I'm done with everything.

Here's what all I'm doing today:

-Transmission filters and fluid
-coolant and thermostat replacement
-front upper control arm bushings
-front unit bearings
-testing of said repairs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.