NarnWV's super slow build thread - Page 39 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > NarnWV's super slow build thread

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 02-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #571
Justin_WJ
2000 WJ 

Don't forget gears and lockers

Mines getting 4.56's for my B-day

2000 WJ Limited, 4inch RC X, 242 T-case swap, 33x12.50 STT's, 15x8 D window wheels with 3.75 BS, JKS ADJ. Tracbar, T-case armor, Custom front winch bumper, Smittybilt XRC 8, 4.56's Extended Rola Rack w/Harbor Freight 6" lights, and always muddy :)
Justin_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #572
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by narnwv View Post
Well, looks like I'm driving to Indianapolis tomorrow to pick this up:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/...rrier-1481974/

Will be ordering the front bumper from the company that made this one (custom4x4fab) this week or the next. Sliders are already in the budget for March, so all that's left is a tcase skid and I should be pretty armored up!
You will be driving right by my house if you go through Dayton. You could pick up that 242 shifter. lol

-GCJEEPING's build/mod thread-IT'S A GREEN THING...
gcjeeping is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #573
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Man, what a drive yesterday. 620 miles round trip.

gc-I considered it, but I'm more interested in spending money on the outside right now. Since there's nothing functionally wrong with mine, it'll do for now.

This evening, I pressure washed the bumper off. It still had mud in it. I also picked up some bed liner, and tomorrow, I can hopefully blast some of the little spots of surface rust off of it and get the first coat of bed liner on it.

narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2013, 07:31 PM   #574
narnwv

2000 WJ 

I'm also trying to decide if I want to order the front bumper this week, or sliders. Whichever I don't order this week, will be ordered within the next couple of weeks.

Unread 02-25-2013, 08:14 PM   #575
wj4play
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

My vote --- bumber then the skidders

And while your at it fender trim HA
Unread 02-25-2013, 08:22 PM   #576
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4play View Post
My vote --- bumber then the skidders

And while your at it fender trim HA
That's kind of what I was thinking too, since I want to trim, but I need both bumpers on before trimming.

Although, I think I'm going to have to trim sliders too. Not sure, entirely.

Unread 02-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #577
narnwv

2000 WJ 

My old hitch-mount tire carrier is now in the classifieds.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/.../#post15036754

Unread 02-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #578
wj4play
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Not to encourage you to go crazy but since you have a DD you can go a little wild on your build now just out of curiosity what is your end goal with the WJ ?
Unread 02-27-2013, 08:28 PM   #579
narnwv

2000 WJ 

I do plan to make it more into a tank, finally. It's going to be nice not having to drive it (with 32" M/Ts) ~1500-2000 miles a month. Still gotta drive it a few more weeks while I work on purchasing a welder and fixing the rocker panels on the Tracker--so it can be safety inspected.

Not really sure I have an end goal. One goal would be to see it go up "the waterfall" on a trail we call "Mexico". I've seen rigs go up it like it's nothing, and rigs rip gears out and bust lockers+axle shafts trying to go up.

Really, I'd like to just finish armoring it up (finally), stay in it on the weekends this summer, and work on building JK Rubi axles. Davey's Jeeps (3 hours from me) usually has a set for ~$2k. After I get my hands on some axles, custom long arms can be built. I need to replace my unit bearings, and my driver's side front half shaft right now. My tcase is also going to need some work, and I was thinking about just picking up another one to run while I rebuild the existing one.

Right now, I'm considering IRO t-case skid, JCR Stage 2 or 3 sliders, and a RC winch mount+winch instead of a front bumper. That would allow me to possibly build one around the RC mount, since I'll have a welder and a little experience (from needing it to legalize my Tracker).

Unread 02-27-2013, 08:29 PM   #580
narnwv

2000 WJ 

On topic, I took my die grinder and wire wheel and cleaned up the bumper I picked up. I also got the first coat of bed liner on it. I'm going to hit it with a second coat tomorrow evening, and hopefully get it on Friday before Saturday's monthly Meet N Greet with my Jeep club.

Unread 03-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #581
adavis39
2002 WJ 

narn, you still got your hitch carrier for sale.....would ya ship it to 37221?
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #582
narnwv

2000 WJ 

I still need to grab some bolts for the front of the large side pieces, so I can straighten those up. I'm also going to have to pick up longer bolts for the brackets before anyone tugs on it. We used the existing hitch bolts, which didn't engage enough threads into the frame-welded nuts for my liking.

I really like how the side pieces are separate from the bumper itself, that way if I land on one, the whole setup doesn't get damaged. :bigthumb:

Unread 03-02-2013, 10:11 PM   #583
Justin_WJ
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by narnwv

I really like how the side pieces are separate from the bumper itself, that way if I land on one, the whole setup doesn't get damaged. :bigthumb:

If that happens just holler, I'll weld ya up some new ones.
2000 WJ Limited, 4inch RC X, 242 T-case swap, 33x12.50 STT's, 15x8 D window wheels with 3.75 BS, JKS ADJ. Tracbar, T-case armor, Custom front winch bumper, Smittybilt XRC 8, 4.56's Extended Rola Rack w/Harbor Freight 6" lights, and always muddy :)
Justin_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #584
narnwv

2000 WJ 

I ordered front upper control arm bushings today. That's going to be a fun job. /sarcasm

Looking at unit-bearings....

GMB or Precision brand? They're both CHEAP, but the warranty is right, my wheel spacers seem to accelerate their demise, and I'm taking it off DD duties by the end of March.

Unread 03-07-2013, 10:19 PM   #585
Cnolenwj
Web Wheeler

2000 WJ 

Looking good man.
I did the axle upper bushing not to long ago and it sure took a beating but it came out.

Build thread- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...build-1195835/

North Texas Grands- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f348/...rands-1323367/

Grand Slam Texas- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...texas-1419143/

Grand Slam Texas Group- http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/groups...00000454207551
Cnolenwj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.