NarnWV's super slow build thread - Page 34 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > NarnWV's super slow build thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 01-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #496
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Well, the new job has allowed us to catch back up on everything from last year being very slow for us.

The next couple of months are going to be spent repairing things that are necessary (injectors, a few bushings, etc...) She runs and rides like total **** right now. I'll probably go ahead and start cutting on her too. Since my front fender needs straightened out, I'm going to trim the fenders up front, and the wheel wells in the back. She'll get a spare-tire tuck as well. I don't think I want to get rid of it completely, just raise it by 3-4".

I'm seriously hoping to have sliders on by March. I'm going to try to find someone to try to pull the smashed rocker(s) out, and re-bedliner them.

narnwv is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #497
Justin_WJ
2000 WJ 

I'm hoping to find time to work on my sliders....lol.

So you're liking the new job?
2000 WJ Limited, 4inch RC X, 242 T-case swap, 33x12.50 STT's, 15x8 D window wheels with 3.75 BS, JKS ADJ. Tracbar, T-case armor, Custom front winch bumper, Smittybilt XRC 8, 4.56's Extended Rola Rack w/Harbor Freight 6" lights, and always muddy :)
Justin_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #498
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Well, two new injectors today. Two more next weekend. I bought the injectors for a 2003 4.7 H. O., so the new ones have 4 holes instead of 2. I hope that will be okay, and surely wont be long term. I'm replacing #4 and #8, so next week's install will be #2 and #6 so that whole bank is the same. Then we'll start on the other side.

forumrunner_20130105_110904.jpg

Sent from the ISS using laser beams.

Unread 01-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #499
narnwv

2000 WJ 

The Jeep certainly runs better. Idle is 80% smoother, which I'm sure will be 100% when the other injectors are replaced.

Now to fix my heated seat so it doesn't burn me in one spot, and figure out why there's barely any air flow on the drivers side far vent.

Unread 01-05-2013, 01:36 PM   #500
wj4play
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by narnwv
The Jeep certainly runs better. Idle is 80% smoother, which I'm sure will be 100% when the other injectors are replaced.

Now to fix my heated seat so it doesn't burn me in one spot, and figure out why there's barely any air flow on the drivers side far vent.

Did you reset the computer after putting in bigger injectors? I don't think I would mix n match big injectors with small ones
Unread 01-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #501
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4play View Post

Did you reset the computer after putting in bigger injectors? I don't think I would mix n match big injectors with small ones
Nope.

I think I'll be alright with 2 odd injectors for 1 week. It certainly runs better.

Unread 01-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #502
wj4play
1999 WJ 

Quote:

Nope.

I think I'll be alright with 2 odd injectors for 1 week. It certainly runs better.

Cool just thought the big injectors flowing more fuel could cause it to lean out the smaller injectors
Unread 01-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #503
narnwv

2000 WJ 

I picked up the other 6 injectors today. It's 70 here (normally <40 and snowing), so I'm going to change them all out tomorrow after I finish a network separation job for a client in the morning.

When replacing the other two, I moved coils from 8 to 6, 4 to 2, and vice-versa, just to make sure that coils weren't the problem. The next day, it had a long start, and I got a CEL for misfire #6. I replaced that coil, and the symptoms didn't change. That's what's led me to just replacing all the injectors. Coils are next. Then I'll feel comfortable dropping in the H.O. cams, and I'm trying to source a 2008+ intake manifold to round it off.

Unread 01-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #504
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Replaced the other 6 injectors today. This thing has never idled so smooth or had as much power as it does now. Coils are next. I found out this morning while doing a job with my boss that my 1st 90 day performance bonus is double what I thought it was going to be, so some armor will be coming sooner than later.

Unread 01-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #505
narnwv

2000 WJ 

dropping this link here for later

http://connectorsfast.net/catalog/pr...&products_id=6

also noting to myself that the injectors were replaced @ 265,000 miles. (hit 265k today on the test drive after replacing them)

Unread 01-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #506
hawk293
2004 WJ 

awesome thread!!! first time i saw this one just got done reading all 34 pages! i recently bought a 2004 wj v8 special edition with 32k miles im excited to build it up this summer. ill be checking in on this thread. dave
hawk293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 08:48 PM   #507
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk293 View Post
awesome thread!!! first time i saw this one just got done reading all 34 pages! i recently bought a 2004 wj v8 special edition with 32k miles im excited to build it up this summer. ill be checking in on this thread. dave
Welcome, and thank you. Whenever I get time (what is that?) I'm going to re-organize this thread a bit.

Any questions, please ask. I'm a moderator on here and can help. billzcat1 is also a WJ moderator, and is full of information too. (can answer just about any vehicle related question you have)

Unread 01-12-2013, 08:53 PM   #508
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_WJ View Post
I'm hoping to find time to work on my sliders....lol.

So you're liking the new job?
sorry, missed this post somehow Justin.

Yes, I'm really digging the new job. I'm appreciated, and they show it verbally and financially.

Unread 01-12-2013, 09:12 PM   #509
Justin_WJ
2000 WJ 

Quote:
I'm appreciated, and they show it verbally and financially.

It's crazy how much the verbally part provides motivation and better quality work from people. A simple "great job" is always nice to hear after you work your arse off all day.

Glad you're Liking it man, good to know you're doing well. You have to make it to my corner of the state sometime, lots and lots of great places to wheel.
2000 WJ Limited, 4inch RC X, 242 T-case swap, 33x12.50 STT's, 15x8 D window wheels with 3.75 BS, JKS ADJ. Tracbar, T-case armor, Custom front winch bumper, Smittybilt XRC 8, 4.56's Extended Rola Rack w/Harbor Freight 6" lights, and always muddy :)
Justin_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #510
narnwv

2000 WJ 

No kidding.

Today I was finishing a job up with one of my bosses. (ongoing separation of 3 businesses in one building sharing 1 computer network into 3 separate physical networks, while still needing to share some server resources)

On the job, we needed to do one last task. I made a suggestion that shortened the time for that task from ~1 hour (his way) to <10 minutes (my way). He said "I think we'll keep you around, are your 90 days up yet?" I said "dunno, but the other 3 partners decided to take me off 'probation' early. I had the salary bump 2 pay periods ago". He cheesed real big and said "great!"

When that happened (early probation removal), the "HR guy" (one of the partners) told me that the "team thinks you're awesome". I think he used that word because in my interview, after the "why should we hire you" question, I replied with "Because I'm awesome."

Anyway, yeah. It's great there. It's where I need to be right now.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.