NarnWV's super slow build thread - Page 33 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > NarnWV's super slow build thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-23-2012, 07:40 PM   #481
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Congrats on the Cert! And I'm sure your wife will love that gift! :-)

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #482
Justin_WJ
2000 WJ 

Buy my wife some too Aaron
2000 WJ Limited, 4inch RC X, 242 T-case swap, 33x12.50 STT's, 15x8 D window wheels with 3.75 BS, JKS ADJ. Tracbar, T-case armor, Custom front winch bumper, Smittybilt XRC 8, 4.56's Extended Rola Rack w/Harbor Freight 6" lights, and always muddy :)
Justin_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2012, 07:23 AM   #483
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Been a long time since an update.

It looks like I'm going to have to just replace all the injectors. After fighting the misfires before on cyl 1 and 7, I'm now getting the 0300, 0304, 0308 codes, as well as 0155 (O2 sensor heater circuit). They come and go at random, but it's all too familiar operating-wise in how it's doing it. I'm actually thankful it's not the same cylinders as before, as that would lead me to believe there would be a gasket/head issue. I think at 262,000 miles some of the electrical parts are starting to show their age.

On a worse note, I noticed yesterday morning that there was a puddle of coolant on the ground directly under my crank pulley. It was about the size of a pancake, and when I popped the hood, I could see wetness on one side of the water pump. Thankfully when I replaced it May 2011, I bought the one with a lifetime warranty. I'm also hoping that it's been the cause of my moisture around the bottom of the block, and the point of entry for the air that keeps getting in the system.

So, on a brisk November Sunday, I'm going to change out the water pump on this beast and keep my fingers crossed that it's what's been letting air in the system. (rush of water on first startup, got way worse when the temps dropped)

I've developed a clunk in one of my control arms, but re-torquing the bolts takes care of it for a few days. I think the bolts need replacing. I'm going to replace them all when I do long arms in a few months.

All-in-all she's been doing pretty good.

narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #484
bluedragon436
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Awesome build writeup... I'm thinking of picking up a 99 WJ shortly and will be looking to go the same way you did with the 4" X-flex lift, JK Moabs and 32's.. Look forward to seeing your build as it progresses. Congrats on the new job, I'll be looking at hopefully getting into IT after some more time in the USAF. And by the way I feel your pain, this message typed from my Asus Transformer.
bluedragon436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #485
narnwv

2000 WJ 

I changed my water pump last weekend, and no more leak. (yay!) However, every now and then I still hear a rush of water in the dash. (not nearly as loud/hard as before, not really ever in the mornings either). Not sure what that's all about.

On another note, I came out of the grocery store to a guy with a flashlight kneeling at the back of my Jeep. I said "can I help you with something! ?" He said "your Jeep is awesome, I've got one just like it, and wanted to see what size tires those are". I asked him if he was on here, and he said yeah. I introduced myself with my forum name and told him I was a moderator and to look me up. He said he has a 2002 Slate WJ with RC 4" (non x-series).

I'm going to order the sliders at the end of the month I think. I'm going to talk to my buddy that helped (mainly) built my spare tire carrier and see what he can do first.

Unread 11-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #486
narnwv

2000 WJ 

^^ 5000th post.

Unread 11-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #487
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

I've been wondering, did you ever figure out what was going on with your Hankook tires? Man do I miss mine. I have what came on the 4Runner, some store brand AT called Bigfoot or somesuch. They're all right, but not nearly as grippy as the Hankooks. At least they're not wearing too fast.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 06:49 AM   #488
narnwv

2000 WJ 

I need those sliders. In a hurry, I hit a Damn pole at the gas station this morning. :/

forumrunner_20121129_084824.jpg

Sent from the ISS using laser beams.

Unread 11-29-2012, 09:54 AM   #489
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Those things come out of nowhere - especially when opening your door. Poof - magical red pole grinning at you.

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #490
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

The best time to add armor is after the damage has happened! Oh wait...
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 02:21 PM   #491
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by narnwv
Been a long time since an update.

It looks like I'm going to have to just replace all the injectors. After fighting the misfires before on cyl 1 and 7, I'm now getting the 0300, 0304, 0308 codes, as well as 0155 (O2 sensor heater circuit). They come and go at random, but it's all too familiar operating-wise in how it's doing it. I'm actually thankful it's not the same cylinders as before, as that would lead me to believe there would be a gasket/head issue. I think at 262,000 miles some of the electrical parts are starting to show their age.

On a worse note, I noticed yesterday morning that there was a puddle of coolant on the ground directly under my crank pulley. It was about the size of a pancake, and when I popped the hood, I could see wetness on one side of the water pump. Thankfully when I replaced it May 2011, I bought the one with a lifetime warranty. I'm also hoping that it's been the cause of my moisture around the bottom of the block, and the point of entry for the air that keeps getting in the system.

So, on a brisk November Sunday, I'm going to change out the water pump on this beast and keep my fingers crossed that it's what's been letting air in the system. (rush of water on first startup, got way worse when the temps dropped)

I've developed a clunk in one of my control arms, but re-torquing the bolts takes care of it for a few days. I think the bolts need replacing. I'm going to replace them all when I do long arms in a few months.

All-in-all she's been doing pretty good.
I recently hsd same issues. It was throwing codes everday on way to work and would go into limp mode.

Without a thermostat I knew it was running rich specially now that it is winter, so I put it back on.

I also replaced my plugs and coil pack; voila!
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 06:58 PM   #492
narnwv

2000 WJ 

I still haven't done **** about the injectors. The crap idle comes and goes. New job + two kids can wear you down quickly. I've finally got everything back on track, now that I've finally got in the groove of things at the new company. (no JF during the day though )

First of the year:

-injectors
-putting the H.O. cams + intake in
-sliders
-long arms
-belly skid.
-???

Gonna get started on it all after my 90-day bonus 2nd week of January. Got a nice Christmas bonus (decent amount of $ and a Windows 8 tablet), but we decided to treat ourselves to some frivolous xmas spending on ourselves.

Unread 01-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #493
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Happy new year to all those who are following this thread. It's going to get exciting in here over the next few months.

Unread 01-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #494
Cnolenwj

2000 WJ 

Happy new year!
Sounds like you have big plans, I'll be watching.

Build thread- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...build-1195835/

North Texas Grands- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f348/...rands-1323367/

Grand Slam Texas- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...texas-1419143/

Grand Slam Texas Group- http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/groups...00000454207551
Cnolenwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #495
Justin_WJ
2000 WJ 

Can't wait to see the progress Aaron! My Jeep will be gettin a lil love come tax time as well
2000 WJ Limited, 4inch RC X, 242 T-case swap, 33x12.50 STT's, 15x8 D window wheels with 3.75 BS, JKS ADJ. Tracbar, T-case armor, Custom front winch bumper, Smittybilt XRC 8, 4.56's Extended Rola Rack w/Harbor Freight 6" lights, and always muddy :)
Justin_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.