Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

myjeeplovesmud BUILD THREAD

159K views 1K replies 87 participants last post by  myjeeplovesmud 
#1 ·
I've been wanting to do one of these for a long time, but never have had the time. I decided that enough is enough, so here it goes……

My Jeep:
2004 Grand Cherokee Limited
4.7 H.O
Quadradrive

Bought it 4 years ago, after trading in my '99 WJ Laredo with 219k on the I6. The Jeep only had 13k on it when I got it, with every option but tow hooks.:confused:

Here is the only pictures I have left from it bone stock:

First thing I did was put Pirelli Scorpian Tires on it at 20k. I had no plans on doing anything to this Jeep, until one foggy night, I was driving on a country road and rammed my Jeep into a guard rail trying to miss a 4 deer. When in was in the body shop, I had them repair any scratches, and had the hood repainted. The driver side wheels took most the damage, the rail ripped the beads right off the wheels. So I got these to replace them.

The wheels I found out were total junk, so I painted them.

See less See more
#2 ·
From there, it sat untouched until I decided to put in the BB I had on my last WJ, and install some Hella 500ff's. I also installed a set of Rusty's hooks when I had the bumper cover off.
At this point, my Jeep was 130k young

Then the roof rack,

I ran this set up for 2 months until I finally put on the ZONE 4" lift, with KOR ¾ Spacers front and rear. I also added IRO's dual steering stabilizer kit, and 245/74/17 Goodyear Duratracs.

The headlights and fog lights were getting pretty nasty, so I threw in some brand new replacements. I ordered the Laredo "clear turn signal" style, but this is what they sent. After complaining to Amazon about the company not letting me return them, they refunded me my money, and let me keep them.

I installed a air tank, fire extinguisher, and mounted my Mag-Lite. Jeep Search and Rescue bag holds my tow straps, first aid kits, and jumper cables. Also bought a Super Winch Shackle Bracket

I installed IRO sliders, and then I mounted a shovel to the passengers side

And a Hi-Lift to the drivers side

After reading a few posts on here about liftgate lighting, I decided to make up my own concoction

And that's really about it for now, Here it is as it sits at the time being.

THANKS FOR LOOKING!!!:cheers2:

#1,119 ·
I installed a air tank, fire extinguisher, and mounted my Mag-Lite. Jeep Search and Rescue bag holds my tow straps, first aid kits, and jumper cables. Also bought a Super Winch Shackle Bracket
You've probably mentioned this somewhere in your build, but what model air tank did you install? I'm looking to get an air tank for my jeep. Does it allow you to hook up to a normal pneumatic compressor to fill up?

#10 ·
i ran the same size i run now, but i WOULD NOT recommend it at all, they rubbed really bad. i knew i was putting on the 4'' within a month or two of doing the bb, but i didn't want to buy tires twice, and the tires i had weren't getting me through the snow

Nice build! Which color paint did you use on the wheels?
duplicolor wheel paint, color is graphite. i used 3 coats of self etching pirmer, 3 coats of graphite, 5 coats of clear. way over kill on the paint, but it's held up amazing. these will be strictly winter/trail wheels next winter once i get some summer rims. sounds street queenish, but my jeep is also sporting my company name and logo, so i try to keep it in top notch shape.

It's really about time you made one of these...
tell me about it. i was starting to feel left out!

#11 ·
this is why 32's don't work with a bb. no room to turn, or go over bumps.

i really did a number on my fog lights too. stick with 30.5" for a bb. 31's with a bunch of trimming. i had KOR 2.5'' bb, there would be less room with a standard 2"

#17 ·
soft 8's make me vomit
Couldnt agree more. Im not sure im crazy abt the wheels either. You should go with the Mickey T sidebiters or the new Torques by D Cepek.

#19 ·
You should get the sidebiters and send me yours as im taking generous donations at this time.:2thumbsup:

#22 ·

besides, these are only 100 bucks a rim, and i'm trying to keep SOME chrome on my jeep, but not much

#27 ·
thanks everyone, my next "mod" will be adding lights to my roof basket. i found some that will be PERFECT!!

#28 ·
also, you can't tell in the pictures, but i had my entire lower rocker panel painted with black stone guard. the tires were kickin rocks up pretty good. buddy's dad owns a body shop. 100 bucks well spent

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.