My WJ SmartPhone Bluetooth light switch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > My WJ SmartPhone Bluetooth light switch

Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-13-2014, 09:06 PM   #1
gcjeeping
2001 WJ 

My WJ SmartPhone Bluetooth light switch

Added a 8 relay bluetooth board to the Jeep. My Android Samsung Galaxy III phone controls the board.

Got the board off Ebay for $59 shipped free from china. Took a little over a week to get it. IT runs off 5v. It came with a USB cord and a 110v to 5v wall plug. It has a USB PWR plug at one end and a round PWR plug at the other.

Here is me testing it out.

I picked up a bunch of these a while ago from the JY so I spliced one to the one on the lower console (right one constant power). I also spliced in an extra power wire to use to run power through the relays to trigger the relays under the hood.

Then I used one of these USB receptacles I had laying around and put it in the receptacle. Pluged the USB cable in and ran it and the PWR wire up under the cover above the steering wheel. That is where all the wiring goes from my light switches and light controller box.

I mounted the board under the panel above the steering wheel. Plugged in the USB cord. Ran the PWR cord into one relay and jumped it to all the others. This PWR will only trigger the relays under the hood that actually PWR the lights and such.

Then I ran the wires from each relay and tapped it into the existing wiring that goes to under the hood. I only have used 4 so far. LED bars, KCs, side lights and back up lights. Didnt take pics of this because its easy and I got lazy. LOL

Here is a video I took. It starts of with me being about 20 yards from the jeep and at the end I'm about 80 yards from the jeep.

Couple diagrams for those that pm'd me.

gcjeeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2014, 06:28 PM   #2
Jaashua
2005 WK 

Pretty sweet.
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2014, 09:48 PM   #3
gcjeeping
2001 WJ 

Thanks. Think it would be cool to get an old android phone and dash mount it for light switches. No wires needed except a USB power one.
Unread 01-20-2014, 12:34 PM   #4
JayIV
2004 WJ 

I didn't know these existed but man...You just opened up a whole world of possibilities for me!
Unread 01-20-2014, 04:38 PM   #5
gcjeeping
2001 WJ 

LOL Thats the point of sharing. Love to see what people do with it.

Unread 02-08-2014, 08:42 PM   #6
Nightstr
1969 CJ5 

What all could you do with this? Run fogs off of it?
Nightstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2014, 09:29 PM   #7
VanBCguy
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstr View Post
What all could you do with this? Run fogs off of it?
I don't mean to sound rude, but read the thread posts and watch the vids. Self explanatory.
VanBCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2014, 12:22 AM   #8
g00fy1
1985 CJ7 

Can you use this with existing switches? I already have switches in the cab that run to relays under the hood. Wondering if I can just use this to trigger the relays under the hood and have both the manual switches and this.

Nice write up!
g00fy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2014, 10:23 AM   #9
gcjeeping
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00fy1 View Post
Can you use this with existing switches? I already have switches in the cab that run to relays under the hood. Wondering if I can just use this to trigger the relays under the hood and have both the manual switches and this.

Nice write up!
Yes. That is how I have done it.
Unread 02-25-2014, 01:07 PM   #10
g00fy1
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcjeeping View Post
Yes. That is how I have done it.
Thanks!
g00fy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.