My WJ Jeep Saved me, my Wife, and my Dog's life...RIP WJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > My WJ Jeep Saved me, my Wife, and my Dog's life...RIP WJ

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 08-08-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
drwolcot
2002 WJ 

My WJ Jeep Saved me, my Wife, and my Dog's life...RIP WJ

My Jeep Saved Me, my Wife, and my Dog

We have been staying in the North Georgia Mountains for the last week at my Wife's grandfathers cabin......as we just bought a new house.

We took a Saturday drive to take the scenic highway and came through a town called Hiawasse, Ga. a beautiful day with the windows down at 84 degrees.

On 4 lane hwy and we slow down behind a black dodge 2500 pickup and a car trying to turn left...we slow down just behind the truck at about 5 mph rolling and I look in my review and see a car coming and not stopping.....the speed limit on the road is 45 mph and the witness, a big rig trucker, was going 50 mph and the car passed him he said at least 20 mph faster than him.

I see the car coming and I stomp the gas trying to get out of the way and just not enough time..... car catches just under my right rear tire and we go for a ride..... according to the report, we flipped at a minimum 3 times.

When we came to a stop, amazingly we ended up on all fours, I looked at my wife and she was awake and I didn't see anything bad....I looked in the rear seat and my dog was missing.... I believe she was thrown from the vehicle as we immediately began looking for our dog and she was a good 50 yards away and running in a big circle. She came to me when she saw me....she was ok with minor bruises and a scrape.

My wife ended up having about 3-4 broken bones in her passenger foot.....somehow we believe her foot made it out of the window and scrapped the pavement while we were flipping as she had serious road rash with gravel, dirt, and glass in her foot...there was no other explanation.

I came away with just some minor cuts and bruises.

So much blood, sweat, and memories in that Jeep. I can replace it but not my wife and our beloved dog. I am currently looking for another WJ but it will never be the same. I always new I would have that Jeep forever and be able to hand it down to my kids.

I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

sorry for the long post but MY JEEP Saved OUR LIVES

|
|
2002 WJ Overland | 4.7 H.O. | Clayton 6in LA | LSR Bumper | JKS discos | JKS Track Bar | KOR SS | BFG KM2's 285/75/17 | Carolina Front/Rear Driveshaft | Quadradrive | 125k Miles
|
|
RIP
|4.7 | 242HD | 2WD-->4WD Conversion | Vari-Lock front D30 | D44a Aussie Locker | Hybrid RCX 4in + BB | IronMan FUCA's | D30 Solid Diff Cover | Carolina Front Driveshaft | JCR Stage 3 Sliders | E-Fan Conversion | Hard-KOR SS|
WJ 2WD-->4WD Conversion Build Thread
|
|
2003 WJ Overland - SOLD
drwolcot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 03:27 PM   #2
Flajeeper1
1987 YJ Wrangler 

OMG!!! Thank god you, your wife, and dog are ok.
Flajeeper1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 03:28 PM   #3
katzonice69
1999 WJ 

holy ****! glad you guys are okay. Like i tell everyone i know, cars are just metal and plastic, theyre replaceable. People arent.

This makes me miss my old grand cherokee
katzonice69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 03:29 PM   #4
DuncsWK
2014 KL Cherokee 

Wow. Glad you are alright.

It's good to know that the GC's will still survive a solid hit and roll.
DuncsWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 03:34 PM   #5
jheck74
2008 JK Wrangler 

Glad you all made it out ok. It's accidents like this that reaffirm my decision to have a larger SUV for all the family to travel in. Where there any issues with the airbags not deploying? I've always been leery of a rear end impact and the airbags not activating.
jheck74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 03:56 PM   #6
Benja
1997 ZJ 

Glad you are all ok

Now relax and think "cars and plastics can be replaced or bought a new one, but your life, your wife, can't.."
Unread 08-08-2011, 04:08 PM   #7
smunns

Wow! Glad everyone is ok.
smunns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 04:35 PM   #8
HaViiK
2001 WJ 

That looked like a crazy wreck. Glad everyone is alright. Are any aftermarket parts salvageable? Sliders??
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/haviiks-01-wj-slow-build-1067820/"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Black HaViiK:[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR="DarkRed"]2001 WJ, 4.0, 42re (rebuilt at 100k), 30/35, Rough Country X-Series, JCR Stage 3 Sliders, Yakima Megawarrior & Big Powderhound, Grille Guard, KC Daylighter 130w, Custom Sub Box & 2 Kicker 12" CVR
[/COLOR]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/zj-wj-faqs-read-first-contact-mod-changes-additions-591821/"][COLOR="DarkRed"]WJ/ZJ FAQ[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.facebook.com/steven.T.wright"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Facebook. Wheeling stuff in there.[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/Thunderheadrcx?feature=mhee"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Youtube Channel. GoPro/Wheeling stuff[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=rulppa(chat);10944366]whats with people (steve) with those monster sigs. reply is usually like ':E' then 2 pages of signature lol[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Sarahdactyl;11226293]THE WINNER IS REDHOTCHILIDOG!!!!111!!1!!!!(OBNXIOUS HUGE BEEFSTEW STYLE FONT) I will PM winner for details[/QUOTE]
HaViiK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 04:37 PM   #9
sadass
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Wow! I am happy it ended the way it did. Take care of your Self and family and good luck on your Next Jeep Purchase.
Unread 08-08-2011, 04:46 PM   #10
KayCeeJeep
2004 WJ 

Sad to see it like that but it did just what it was supposed to do, it sacrificed itself to save you. Glad you are all okay. Now time to go find another friendly dub-jay.
KayCeeJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 04:47 PM   #11
mtnmarc
1999 WJ 

It looks like your sliders held up,pretty well. Getting another Wj?
Unread 08-08-2011, 04:53 PM   #12
Rand01TJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

glad everyone was ok.

that should buff out. no problem.
Rand01TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 04:59 PM   #13
Soldierfoley
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Damn Ravens Fans.....JK
I'm glad to hear you are all ok. I hope your wife's passenger foot gets better soon.
Soldierfoley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 05:18 PM   #14
fasteddy47
2001 WJ 

Wow...glad to hear you and your family are OK..... Jeep collapsed...just like it's supposed to.....
Hope your Wife's foot heal's straight and true.
fasteddy47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #15
Budasac
2005 WK 

Sorry to hear bro. I know we all have alot of blood, sweat, and money in our rigs but at the end of the day it's just vehicle. I was a passenger in a truck that flipped. Can be a very scary thing. Induces some deep thoughts on life. Glad it all turned out o-k.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.