I just picked up a 2004 WJ Overland, Onyx Green with only 56,000 miles on it!. This is my third Jeep ('95 ZJ and '01 WJ) and the first one that I will lift.
I already ordered a 2" BB and Bilstein 5100 shocks (thanks Kolak). I have been looking around for the right tire to get, I will probably go with a 245/70R17. From what I read that is the largest size that will fit into the spare tire well. As far as brands go, I have Cooper A/T3 on my '01 and might just get those again, but I'm looking around still. Any tire suggestions? I live in central NY and we get a ton of snow so the tires should be good on ice and snow.
The body needs some touch up work and there is a little rust on the the rear driver side fender near the door that I want to try and eliminate. I also need to find some new plastic panels that are clipped onto the bottom of the doors, two of them are cracked.
that is a nice looking jeep! It's so clean and the colors are great and with that few miles? I am a very jealous person
I lucked out getting this one. I test drove it last Monday and put a deposit down to hold it for a week while I was out of town. They said by Friday they had gotten hundreds of calls from all over the country asking about it.
Yeah, it is the HO, I think I read that if the original buyer wanted something different it was an option, but I doubt anyone didn't choose the HO.
So far the only real I difference I've noticed is the sound. Seems to have the same power as my '01 4.7V8, but I haven't towed with the HO yet. Maybe. That's where I'll notice it. 0 to 60 seems about the same.
and decided to copy a few of his ideas. The first was modifying the dual climate zone module to adjust both driver and passenger side temperature simultaneously. Well I was at it I swapped the face of the module with the one from my '01 WJ because the face plate of the '04 was stained. I guess the modules are not interchangeable, and the circuit boards definitely look different.
Stained '04 module:
'04 on the left, '01 on the right:
I soldered the driver side wire to the front:
Then realized there was WAY more room to solder the wire to the back at the dial terminals (passenger side):
It took a little testing to get the module to work how I wanted it to, but basically when the switch closes, the reds get connected and the blacks get connected:
I could have done a better job drilling the hole, first I drilled a hole then tried to make it square with a Dremel. You can't even notice when its installed: