Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

My slow zj build

63K views 564 replies 60 participants last post by  Erbo1Kanerbo 
#1 ·
This is going to be my build thread...i got this jeep in 2007 in may originally had 106,000 miles i picked it up at a dealership for 4,000 solid. this is the earliest picture i have of it, it was right after i got my flowmaster and tailpipe put on

*EL Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats
AFFP Luxury Group
AHX Trailer Tow Group IV
APAS Monotone Paint
ARNS Laredo Decor Group
BAUS 117 Amp Alternator
BCES 600 Amp Maintenance Free Battery
BRGS Anti-Lock 4-Wheel-Disc Brakes
CACS Low Back Bucket Seats
CFNS Rear 60/40 Folding Seat
CGWS Next Generation Front Air Bags**
CKDS Floor Carpet
CKNS Cargo Compartment Carpet
CKRS Cargo Net
CKTS Cargo Tie Down Loops
CLES Front & Rear Floor Mats
CSAS Spare Tire Cover
CSCS Cargo Compartment Cover
CSRS Passenger Assist Handles
CUFS Full Length Floor Console
CUNP Overhead Console
CXHS Steering Column Locking Slip Collar
DGB All 4-Speed Automatic Transmissions
DGWS 4-Spd. Automatic 4RE Transmission
DHAS Lock-Up Torque Converter
DHRS Single Speed On Demand Transfer Case
DMEP 3.73 Rear Axle Ratio
DRKS Dana 44/226MM Rear Axle
EAAC All Engines
ELF 5.2L V8 MPI Engine
GBBS Tinted Windshield Glass
GCBS Front Door Tinted Glass
GEGP Deep Tint Sunscreen Glass
GEP Flipper Liftgate Glass
GFAS Rear Window Defroster
GNCS Sun Visors w/Illum Vanity Mirrors
GNKP Rear View Auto Dim Mirror
GRMP Left Power Heated Mirror
GSMP Right Power Heated Mirror
GTMS Power Heated Mirrors
GVBC All Vehicles W/Power Mirrors
GXMS Remote Keyless Entry
HAAS Air Conditioning
HGAS Hood Insulation
HGDS Deluxe Insulation Group
JAYS Instrument Cluster w/Tach
JCBS 120 MPH Primary Speedometer
JHAS Var Intermittent Windshield Wipers
JHBS Rear Window Wiper/Washer
JJAS Cigar Lighter
JJBS Dual Note Electric Horns
JKAS Locking Glove Box
JPAS Power Windows
JPBS Power Locks
LACS Illuminated Entry
LAGS Warning Chime
LAZP Vehicle Information Center
LBBS Courtesy Lamps
LBCS Glove Box Lamp
LBDS Ash Tray Lamp
LDAS Underhood Lamp
LDBS Cargo Compartment Lamp
LETP Traveler/Mini Trip Computer
LMGP Automatic Headlamps
LPSS CHMSL Lamp
LSAP Security Alarm
MDA Front License Plate Bracket
MFZS Bright Grille
MHAS Black Windshield Moldings
MWGS Roof Rack
NAA Federal Emissions
NHMS Speed Control
NMCP Heavy Duty Engine Cooling
PX8 Black Clear Coat
QX8S Black Clear Coat
RAAC All Radio Equipped Vehicles
RAZ AM/FM Cassette Compact Disc Radio
RCGP 6 Speakers
RDDS Fixed Long Mast Antenna
SBAS Power Rack and Pinion Steering
SCVS Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
SDAS Normal Duty Suspension
SUAS Tilt Steering Column
TBGS Compact Spare Tire
TBLS Inside Mounted Spare Tire
TRTP P225/75R15 OWL All Season Tires
TZAS Goodyear Brand Tires
WJ6S 15X7.0 Sport Aluminum Wheels
WLZC All Aluminum Wheels
YAAS Build To U.S. Mkt. Specifications

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
got rid of the stock wheels and got some cragar 15x8 d windows, i then took off the cladding painted the rockers and bumpers black and the grille. I liked the blackout look so i decided to tint my tail lights (3 coats) and it came out pretty good

Attachments

#3 ·
then i got clear corners which i think made a big difference you can also see that the paint started to chip off my bumper... i used a duplicolor bumper paint that didnt like to stick to my bumper

Attachments

#5 ·
nah i havent had one complaint yet... the only thing you need to worry about is if you get into a wreck it may look sketchy and they could pull some bs like "he had his taillights tinted i couldnt see him braking" other than that i wouldnt worry, even if i did get pulled over i wouldnt take it off lol

#7 · (Edited)
o yeah and today i got a 5.9 grille me so happy definatley a gain in hp and it give the zeej a nice stance... in the picture you can also see that i repainted my bumper with the krylon fusion and it has held up realy nice and it looks alot better. i vouch for the krylon fusion it is a great product

Attachments

#9 ·
thanks and also for the electrical mods i have a 15" kicker with a capacitor and a 1000 watt interfire amp, also a new radio antenna

Attachments

#14 ·
yea im pumped my jeep has been really getting into my nerves lately tho its getting to me hahah my window motor went out and its taking forever for this shop to get a new one, no a/c, its hot as fu(k outside too, my armrest is always making this creaking noise, and a few clips in my door and other two doors broke so the panels come off whenever someone slams the door...kinda embarrassing, also my VIC keeps beeping that my coolant sensor is bad and whenever i turn on my lights it says rear lamp failure... but both of these things work fine, ahhh somedays i just want to run it off a cliff and watch it burn!!

#15 ·
I would never say that about my Zj! No matter how many problems it has! :(

My armrest creaks too, and I know what you mean with the clips in the door. I broke like 5 when I redid my speakers. I don't know how they stay on now, but they do lol. :laugh:

I think you can buy the clips for pretty cheap though. :)

#21 ·
I would never say that about my Zj! No matter how many problems it has! :(

My armrest creaks too, and I know what you mean with the clips in the door. I broke like 5 when I redid my speakers. I don't know how they stay on now, but they do lol. :laugh:

I think you can buy the clips for pretty cheap though. :)
the dealership i work at wants 5 bucks a piece for them. :thumbdown:

#19 ·
I took out my crummy VIC and put a 2wd jeep cubby in its spot. Much better than the beeping VIC.

Along with all the other things, those come with a ZJ's age. Everything in my interior creeks lol
what 2wd cubby?? and how did u make it??

#18 ·
Yea, my chairs creak and some other things. I know what you mean by looking up lifts and stuff Erbo... it gets to the point where you are like :drool: lol.

I hope I can get mine by the end of summer. :thumbsup:

#25 ·
i got it from a local member on jeep forum, i called a dealership for one and they said something like $375 i lol in their face. but this website is where alot of people get them RockAuto Parts Catalog

and yes it is a direct swap no modifications required

#27 ·
heres a pic of when i went offroading last year, was pretty fun we took out my friends crf250. i came across this creek crossing that went right into a hill climb that i couldnt make up and it ended up ripping off my front bumper but it went right back on covered the jeep in mud there also wish i had more pics

Attachments

#30 ·
ok so today i got really pissed off at my vic and i had some spare time before work so i took that thing out. i was nervous at first to take out the dash pieces bc i have never before but it was actually easier than i thought. if anybody wants to buy my VIC just let me know ill accept any offers. here are sme pics, i also cut up some of a black binder to make a little makeshift cubby for a temp fix ill make something better later but it works for now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.