My slow 5.9 Limited build... (pic heavy) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > My slow 5.9 Limited build... (pic heavy)

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-09-2014, 09:36 AM   #1
Redsand
1998 ZJ 

My slow 5.9 Limited build... (pic heavy)

Hello all, my name is Chris and I have a problem with ZJs. I just picked up my 2nd 5.9 which would bring my total up to 4 ZJs so far over the past 9 years. Here are some of my past projects...

#1- '97 ZJ limited 2005-06 (2" BB, nothing fancy)

#2- '98 ZJ 5.9 Limited 2006-2011 (full bolt ons <3)

#3- '98 ZJ Laredo 4.0 2013 ( 2.5" bb..owned for 6 months it was a POS)

And now I present my current project, my SLOW 5.9 that I am currently building into a beach cruiser since that is really the only wheeling I do.

When I first found her (nov '13), sitting behind a garage rotting away for the past 3 years with no owner

First pic after getting her home safely on some seriously dry-rotted rubber

Had this laying around so threw it in that night (gotta love BT streaming audio)

Obvi, the next most important thing were tires...(235/70-16 Destinations)

New rubber mounted and a professional detail by one of my buddies

Next up we have new cyrstal headlamps and the overly played out clear corners..

(very impressive cutoff for ebay lights)

And then we have the highly sought after, HP adding cupholder insert BOOM

Random beach poser shot

Removed annoying VIC..

Yay, parts! (OME 2'5" HD coils, Bilsteins, Adj front and rear track bars, new SS)

Installed!

Craigslist score (TJ MOABS with half tread MTRs)

And this is where we are at for now...

Next on the to do list is install my front tow hooks, take care of some rust issues, and maybe maybe plastidip my rims. I will continue to post pics as I go along!

Redsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2014, 01:37 PM   #2
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Niners are stupid.
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2014, 03:16 PM   #3
Redsand
1998 ZJ 

agreed. stupid moneypits
Redsand is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.