my new paranoia - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > my new paranoia

Zone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 02-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #1
coralman
green backs to no backs

1998 ZJ 

my new paranoia

After listening to the State of the Union I am wondering by the time I complete this jeep rebuild if by law I'll be permitted to actually drive it.

Links to axle rebuilds, mount replace,a/c box rebuild,ect in history section of my profile page
coralman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
yodathlete

As long as the law passes during or after the build your all set. So future builders won't be able to build and drive. But I doubt the law will pass any way
yodathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 04:28 PM   #3
motordoctor
1998 ZJ 

For now the big Zero just wants your guns. It will be a while before he gets around to wanting your Jeep
motordoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #4
Jdsurratt
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodathlete
As long as the law passes during or after the build your all set. So future builders won't be able to build and drive. But I doubt the law will pass any way
Link to said bill? I could not bring my self to watch that man spew his garbage in my home.
Jdsurratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #5
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

Even though it will not effect me what's this law your talking about?
xcaliber81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 04:51 PM   #6
coralman
green backs to no backs

1998 ZJ 

There isn't a specific law, its just how you get the feel more and more of your rights are sliding away under some other pretence. Basically, the pie is just getting smaller on all fronts and the posisitiong has begun. Like gas, usually the media is all over price hikes and even though the reasons may be crap, at least they give one. I haven't heard jack on this present gouge.

Links to axle rebuilds, mount replace,a/c box rebuild,ect in history section of my profile page
Unread 02-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #7
Montaska
Mountains & Beer

2007 JK Wrangler 

Don't worry. I'm sure they would do a buy-back program like they do with guns and give you $50 if you turned in your Jeep.
Do you have pretty crazy emissions laws in Florida?
Montaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #8
coralman
green backs to no backs

1998 ZJ 

No not here, not yet. I worry about stuff I shouldn't cause in reality theres not a damn thing I can do about any of it,lol.

Unread 02-14-2013, 11:54 AM   #9
nickhay13
1998 ZJ 

Come live in California for a while. I work in Iraq protecting diplomats and law makers previously spent over two years in Iraq and A-Stan, carrying a weapon daily... but guns are bad.

I'm right there with you. They better not try to come for my Jeep!
Unread 02-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #10
KyBoy1991
1998 ZJ 

See, i watched it, and I got a whole different vibe this go around with him...I heard "less red tape", "cut tax loop holes for the wealthy", "stop the oil price hikes", oh..."build/rebuild bridges"....i was only half listening to that and half listening to the post game wrap up after FL vs. UK BBall.

Eitherway...until ALL elected officials are thrown out and term limits put in place....they'll continue down this same path until the economy completely collapses. Doesn't matter what party they're from, they're all crooked and getting rich while we all scrape by.
KyBoy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 06:08 PM   #11
coralman
green backs to no backs

1998 ZJ 

We still have the best country in the world, it just needs some tweaking. On a planet where resources have a finite limit {the pie}, competition will naturally increase as time moves. If resources cost more then investors look for other ways to make what they think is a proper return. The pie cost more in ingredients so we will just move the pie making to a bakery that will make it for next to nothing. The pie quality suffers but as time goes on the number of people who remember what a good pie taste like gets less and less. So the "new" crappy pie slowly becomes the standard.

Capital infrastructure investment is a good thing. But are those bridges gonna last as long as the ones they are replacing? I kinda doubt it. The bakery has already moved.

Unread 02-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #12
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

Look at the bright side, the ZJ is one of the top 10 vehicles to survive the zombie apocalypse with.
ZeeJay1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 12:07 AM   #13
ls6777
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralman View Post
We still have the best country in the world, it just needs some tweaking.
I agree, but I think the recent tweaking is in the wrong direction. Politicians on both sides are screwing us. The things that really piss me off are articles like this: http://nation.foxnews.com/ken-salaza...22000-bathroom

When most houses are less than the politicians bathrooms, we are having problems. Not too mention they don't pay for transportation, vacations, and in many cases housing. And they get most of the summer off. I need to get into that business (or lack thereof).
95' ZJ Limited: 5.2L, 46RH, BFG 33/12.50R15 ATs, TJ D44 4.10 Rubicon Axles, 4.5" Premium IRO lift, Billstein 5125's, NVG241OR Rubicon 4:1 TC, Mark VIII Electric Fan conversion, 160 amp alternator, Custom front bumper with Warn XD9000i, Griffin HD Radiator, IRO Belly skid, SkidRow Engine/Tranny skid Next Mod: RockHard Back Bumper and Roll Cage
ls6777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 04:49 AM   #14
coralman
green backs to no backs

1998 ZJ 

LOL, some politician in Canada is trying to pass a law that prohibits Americans fleeing the zombie apocalypse from entering the country. Basically they all think we are mindless herds anyways. If I was young enough to go after that chick in the latest zombie movie.....uhoh my ear just fell off.

Unread 02-15-2013, 05:22 AM   #15
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Look on the bright side, maybe he will get impeached before any of that happens.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.