My ''new'' DD / project WJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > My ''new'' DD / project WJ

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Reply
Unread 05-07-2013, 07:54 PM   #16
STORM_JK
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 401
What kind of dub does kennys have, the blue 4.0 and silver one I stole the case from? Or did they get more. I need front tow hooks, good condion fenders and a center cap for my spare.

Btw I used rock auto as well, ship usps so no brokerage fees, fast delivery

__________________
'13 JK 6-spd | 3.5" RK | 35" MTR/K | Lots Of Welding
STORM_JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #17
bfmagnusson
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernWJ View Post
What kind of dub does kennys have, the blue 4.0 and silver one I stole the case from? Or did they get more. I need front tow hooks, good condion fenders and a center cap for my spare.

Btw I used rock auto as well, ship usps so no brokerage fees, fast delivery
they only had one silver 4.7 ... from what i could see the t-case was still there.. and no tow hooks on it.. if they had been there i would have snatched those badboys
i took one of the fenders , and what wheels do you have?

regulator is in


aftermarket dash speakers


old vs new


and a bunch of parts i picked up... front fender , A-arm , new shocks and the A-arm ball joint , abs sensor and a new motor for the rear wiper..


and where can i find a laredo for parts ... i need those plastic rockers that come stock on them..
bfmagnusson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #18
STORM_JK
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 401
They had a blue Laredo but I guess they junked it. Like they did with all the dubs in Ottawa...

I've got the silverblades, I think, the 2 spoke ones

__________________
'13 JK 6-spd | 3.5" RK | 35" MTR/K | Lots Of Welding
STORM_JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #19
bfmagnusson
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernWJ View Post
They had a blue Laredo but I guess they junked it. Like they did with all the dubs in Ottawa...

I've got the silverblades, I think, the 2 spoke ones

that jeep looks good!

the one in Gatineau has those same wheels , they were dirty and looked like **** but you can probably use the caps off them
bfmagnusson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #20
STORM_JK
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 401
Thanks man. Ill head down this weekend steal a cap after i do my dreaded front axle seals...
__________________
'13 JK 6-spd | 3.5" RK | 35" MTR/K | Lots Of Welding
STORM_JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 02:51 AM   #21
cykaaro
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: orangville, ON
Posts: 2,804
Anything you buy from the US USPS is the way to do it. If UPS, they always nail you unless the place you buy from can do a flat rate shipping. Then there's no issues. FedEX is hit and miss. Somethings they'll charge duty, but a lot lf times they won't. They tend to leave it in your garage for you and not charge anything extra. I try to avoid UPS as much as I can for their brokerage charges. Brown Santa no like us up here much.
__________________
The beatings will continue until attitudes improve!

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 03:14 PM   #22
bfmagnusson
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 15
okay... been broke lately , so not much was done until now...

New wheel bearing
Tie rod
ball joint
new rotors and pads all around
dont know if i posted already but i found a pair of rocker covers off a Laredo to cover up my rust
went to kenny u pull and got TWO sets of tow hooks , have not decided if i want the chrome ones or the black ones installed..
and picked up a set of used Moabs... so the turd is starting to look like a respectable human being drives it.


bfmagnusson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #23
Jeep32
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 141
MUCH better! moabs on WJs are sweeeet!
__________________
"so i did a full tune up soup to nutts."
4.7 202k+
Jeep32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 06:04 PM   #24
cykaaro
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: orangville, ON
Posts: 2,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfmagnusson View Post
okay... been broke lately , so not much was done until now...

New wheel bearing
Tie rod
ball joint
new rotors and pads all around
dont know if i posted already but i found a pair of rocker covers off a Laredo to cover up my rust
went to kenny u pull and got TWO sets of tow hooks , have not decided if i want the chrome ones or the black ones installed..
and picked up a set of used Moabs... so the turd is starting to look like a respectable human being drives it.
Had the same delimma. Went with the chrome as I have the chrome trim on the grill, and with the retrofit, just looks 'right' compared to the black ones. All depends I think on the overall look.
__________________
The beatings will continue until attitudes improve!

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 11:04 PM   #25
bfmagnusson
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cykaaro View Post
Had the same delimma. Went with the chrome as I have the chrome trim on the grill, and with the retrofit, just looks 'right' compared to the black ones. All depends I think on the overall look.
sounds good.. do you have a picture of it?
bfmagnusson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2013, 08:08 AM   #26
cykaaro
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: orangville, ON
Posts: 2,804
Of the black, not the chrome. Haven't done anything other than changing the tow hooks to chrome at all. You'll understand what I mean by it ties in better together with the chrome once you see the black. I'm not a big chrome person at all, but the right accents ties things in well.

When I first got it and it's progression...







__________________
The beatings will continue until attitudes improve!

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.