JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Grand Cherokee General Discussion (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/)
-   -   My ''new'' DD / project WJ (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/my-new-dd-project-wj-1516472/)

bfmagnusson 04-29-2013 08:59 PM

My ''new'' DD / project WJ

Hey guys , this is my first post on here..

I just got this WJ , the third one ive owned..

So.. i got it real cheap , spent only $1000 on it :) has brand new rubber , brand new battery and brand new rear brake lines

2001 60th anniversary edition
4.7 v8
quadra-drive
265.000 kms on the clock

Issues:
remote central locks dont work on the drivers door(FIXED)
drivers electric window does not work(FIXED)
left turn signal does not work(FIXED)
dash speakers are blown(FIXED)
rear left window regulator cable is snapped(previous owners kid tried to crush a marker with the window) FIXED
heavy clunking sound coming from the back (FIXED)
CEL is on (FIXED)
Rust on front passenger side fender and on the rockers..

just wanted to make a thread so i can keep track of progress and share it:cheers2:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...19101326_n.jpg

the day i got it just over a week ago..

future mods: (for now)

2'' lift
some better looking wheels with mud terrains on them
push bar
light bar on the roof
sliders
complete respray

SierraRipper 04-29-2013 09:07 PM

Sounds like you got a little work to do brother! I have similar mods in though, You plannin on doing a complete lift or just a bb?

STORM_JK 04-29-2013 09:15 PM

Whereabouts from Ottawa are you? Nice project you got there

bfmagnusson 04-29-2013 09:42 PM

im thinking of just the bb for starts ... the setup i really want involves alot of fabrication..

Im in Nepean , Ottawa :)

STORM_JK 04-30-2013 11:14 AM

Close to kenny u-pull lol what kind of fabrication?

Jigsaw404 04-30-2013 11:39 AM

looks good for a Jeep from around here with that kind of mileage. mine has 220k and has the same rust spots as you mention.

Nice project.

just did my Aarm and LCA's and no more rear clunking and tail wag.

2002 WJ overland 4.7HO. Kanata

bfmagnusson 05-01-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthernWJ (Post 15368561)
Close to kenny u-pull lol what kind of fabrication?

yeah , they just got one in today at the Gatineau location... im going to pick a few parts tomorrow:shhh:

i would like to lengthen the wheelbase , and do a long travel setup, but thats for later

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigsaw404 (Post 15368675)
looks good for a Jeep from around here with that kind of mileage. mine has 220k and has the same rust spots as you mention.

Nice project.

just did my Aarm and LCA's and no more rear clunking and tail wag.

2002 WJ overland 4.7HO. Kanata

yeah , my lca bushings look pretty good , so i wont replace them for now , Im debating if i should get a brand new a-arm or just go with a used one

the guys at national-4wd quoted be 200 bucks for it

bfmagnusson 05-01-2013 10:03 PM

oh , and i got some of my electrical issues sorted out....
fixed the central locking problem , driver window and the left flasher

cykaaro 05-02-2013 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bfmagnusson (Post 15376749)
yeah , they just got one in today at the Gatineau location... im going to pick a few parts tomorrow:shhh:

i would like to lengthen the wheelbase , and do a long travel setup, but thats for later

yeah , my lca bushings look pretty good , so i wont replace them for now , Im debating if i should get a brand new a-arm or just go with a used one

the guys at national-4wd quoted be 200 bucks for it

Slowly everything will get done! Still working the kinds out of mine.

Just had my a-arm done with new bushings and ball joint. Arm was in fine shape. $123 for the parts tx in. Got rid of the dogwalking problem I as having. One of the bushings the inside would turn right around. Check your shock bushings at the back. If they're worn they'll cause clunking. For front end sway bar bushings are notorious for doing it as well.

For the CEL do the key trick to see what you're dealing with.

:cheers2:

Jigsaw404 05-02-2013 07:57 AM

UAP Napa in Almonte got me a A-Arm for 120$ incl bushings - New
Check out RockAuto.com. Great prices, SUPER fast delievery.

cykaaro 05-02-2013 10:45 AM

Nice. No way would I find it for that price up here at all.

Jigsaw404 05-02-2013 12:39 PM

rear upper control arm MS251073 from Mevotech.
call the Orangeville UAP @ (519) 941-1510 for a price. They dont have it in there system, but can get you a price using the part number.

Dan

cykaaro 05-02-2013 07:01 PM

Just noticed your 'local' LOL. My stock a-arm was actually pretty good. Only the typical rust underneath it. On top was still perfect with the black undercoat.

Was looking at track bar bushings. Seems you have to replace the whole thing as they don't make straight replacements.

bfmagnusson 05-06-2013 10:11 PM

well i got some work done on the jeep past weekend , i went to kenny-u-pull in Gatineau to pull some parts..

i replaced the rear window regulator (no more patch of tape to cover up the opening)
replaced the dash speakers ( got lucky , the parts car had some aftermarket 130watt pyle speakers in it already)
got my hatch locking mechanism working like its supposed to , the lock did not engage so the rear hatch was tie strapped , to keep it closed

tomorrow i got to get tha parts for my rear suspension , rockauto has awesome prices , but what is the cost of importing those parts to Canada from the US?

Jigsaw404 05-07-2013 08:46 AM

I have used rockAuto twice now and their shipping cost include the border fees. Just used the "consoladated" ( something like that). I have not used the more expensive options.

for my RLCA's cost me 21$ of shipping,no hassle, no additional border cost, nothing.

Ordering my FLCA's in the next couple weeks through RockAuto.

I would suggest using them...

The time now is 02:39 PM.