My Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > My Jeep

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-01-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
Erich_97
2001 WJ 

My Jeep

Here's my dub, it was my 16th birthday present and I'm in love with it. I just need to figure out what to do to it next.

jeep.jpeg  
Erich_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #2
skain8
Under Construction

2002 WJ 

Sell it. Gas tank is unsafe.

'02 WJ: 4.7L, 5", HP44/9", 231HD, tall & skinny KM2's
'99 XJ: stock
'99 XJ: stolen
'06 XK: sold
231HD build guide
skain8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #3
Stimmel
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skain8
Sell it. Gas tank is unsafe.
LOL

Good looking WJ I like it, clean it change all fluids etc
Stimmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 05:00 PM   #4
Erich_97
2001 WJ 

Ha, its got the tow package on it. I already did a full service and tune up on it and put full synthetic oil in it considering it has 206,000 miles on it, but it runs unbelievably strong still yet.
Unread 07-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #5
nickblack
1999 WJ 

He's ok, it has a hitch. lol. Good Luck. Sharp looking truck.
nickblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #6
lazyWJ
2002 WJ 

First thing I would do is start telling people that you worked your *** off to buy it, rather than had it given to you.
"Bought, Not Built"
lazyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #7
Erich_97
2001 WJ 

I didn't have it given to me, but if it wasn't for my parents I wouldn't have it. We traded my ZR2 Blazer that I had bought straight across for it. I dumped a new engine in my ZR2 and my front end started going out so we got rid of it. If I'm going to have a money pit I'd rather it be a Jeep.
Unread 07-01-2013, 05:46 PM   #8
lance-tek
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich_97 View Post
... If I'm going to have a money pit I'd rather it be a Jeep.

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/built-not-bought/"]Built Not Bought # 736[/URL][/CENTER]

[color=red][B][CENTER]What WJ parts do you want from the JY? Send me a PM and I will let you know what's in stock[/CENTER][/B][/color]
lance-tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 11:49 PM   #9
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Welcome!

The first mod you should do is the "leave it as-is" mod. Just for a few months so you can figure out what little problems it has that are inherent to any used car. Catch up on maintenance, a lot of the required fluid changes are often overlooked on these things. Diffs, transfer case, power steering, and brakes are the top 4 neglected fluid changes.

One thing a lot of people do - put 9005-style headlight bulbs into your fog light housings. TONS more light output. You will need to re-aim them a little but they are very easy to fit. Of course there are tons of mods you can do, but if you're just getting started, that's a good one that fits into a tight budget.

One other thing... I don't see most of the mods you have listed in your profile. What the dillio?
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 08:13 AM   #10
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

With those interesting side skirts and that little black badge in front of "Grand Cherokee" on the door, I'd say you have a Special Edition model. Are you sure you don't have a 2002?

Looks good, by the way. I'm also diggin' the scenery!

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #11
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager View Post
With those interesting side skirts and that little black badge in front of "Grand Cherokee" on the door, I'd say you have a Special Edition model. Are you sure you don't have a 2002?

had those on my '02 when I bought it......its part of the OE side step package which mine had. looks like the steps have been removed but the skirts are still screwed on
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 12:36 PM   #12
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

I see what you're saying. Interesting.

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 02:10 PM   #13
Erich_97
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager View Post

I'm sure its and 01' it has the side step package on it as of now. I actually haven't took them off yet, its just the angle of the picture. The limited badge is slightly different because it was painted pearl white instead of the stone white. I should've noted that I traded with a family friend to get this so I know what its been through.
Unread 07-02-2013, 02:23 PM   #14
Erich_97
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Welcome!

The first mod you should do is the "leave it as-is" mod. Just for a few months so you can figure out what little problems it has that are inherent to any used car. Catch up on maintenance, a lot of the required fluid changes are often overlooked on these things. Diffs, transfer case, power steering, and brakes are the top 4 neglected fluid changes.

One thing a lot of people do - put 9005-style headlight bulbs into your fog light housings. TONS more light output. You will need to re-aim them a little but they are very easy to fit. Of course there are tons of mods you can do, but if you're just getting started, that's a good one that fits into a tight budget.

One other thing... I don't see most of the mods you have listed in your profile. What the dillio?
I've already changed my diff fluid, power steering fluid, oil, and flushed the radiator and put in new coolant. I haven't gotten around to transfer case but I ordered up new brake pads, rotors, and upgrading to the akebono rotors and I will be changing brake fluid then.

As for the some of the mods I have listed I got anxious and listed them before I got them put on. I have the everything I haven't got on yet sitting in the back of the jeep. I've just been doing some more important maintenance to it first.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.