JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Grand Cherokee General Discussion (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/)
-   -   My Jeep (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/my-jeep-1543685/)

Erich_97 07-01-2013 05:30 PM

My Jeep

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my dub, it was my 16th birthday present and I'm in love with it. I just need to figure out what to do to it next. :)

skain8 07-01-2013 05:53 PM

219 Attachment(s)
Sell it. Gas tank is unsafe.

Stimmel 07-01-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skain8
Sell it. Gas tank is unsafe.

LOL

Good looking WJ I like it, clean it change all fluids etc

Erich_97 07-01-2013 06:00 PM

Ha, its got the tow package on it. I already did a full service and tune up on it and put full synthetic oil in it considering it has 206,000 miles on it, but it runs unbelievably strong still yet.

nickblack 07-01-2013 06:01 PM

He's ok, it has a hitch. lol. Good Luck. Sharp looking truck.

lazyWJ 07-01-2013 06:05 PM

First thing I would do is start telling people that you worked your *** off to buy it, rather than had it given to you.

Erich_97 07-01-2013 06:11 PM

I didn't have it given to me, but if it wasn't for my parents I wouldn't have it. We traded my ZR2 Blazer that I had bought straight across for it. I dumped a new engine in my ZR2 and my front end started going out so we got rid of it. If I'm going to have a money pit I'd rather it be a Jeep.

lance-tek 07-01-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erich_97 (Post 15629756)
... If I'm going to have a money pit I'd rather it be a Jeep.

:cheers2:

billzcat1 07-02-2013 12:49 AM

Welcome!

The first mod you should do is the "leave it as-is" mod. Just for a few months so you can figure out what little problems it has that are inherent to any used car. Catch up on maintenance, a lot of the required fluid changes are often overlooked on these things. Diffs, transfer case, power steering, and brakes are the top 4 neglected fluid changes.

One thing a lot of people do - put 9005-style headlight bulbs into your fog light housings. TONS more light output. You will need to re-aim them a little but they are very easy to fit. Of course there are tons of mods you can do, but if you're just getting started, that's a good one that fits into a tight budget.

One other thing... I don't see most of the mods you have listed in your profile. What the dillio?

ChrisHager 07-02-2013 09:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
With those interesting side skirts and that little black badge in front of "Grand Cherokee" on the door, I'd say you have a Special Edition model. Are you sure you don't have a 2002?

Looks good, by the way. I'm also diggin' the scenery!

adavis39 07-02-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisHager (Post 15631957)
With those interesting side skirts and that little black badge in front of "Grand Cherokee" on the door, I'd say you have a Special Edition model. Are you sure you don't have a 2002?

had those on my '02 when I bought it......its part of the OE side step package which mine had. looks like the steps have been removed but the skirts are still screwed on

ChrisHager 07-02-2013 01:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I see what you're saying. Interesting.

Erich_97 07-02-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisHager (Post 15631957)

I'm sure its and 01' it has the side step package on it as of now. I actually haven't took them off yet, its just the angle of the picture. The limited badge is slightly different because it was painted pearl white instead of the stone white. I should've noted that I traded with a family friend to get this so I know what its been through. :)

Erich_97 07-02-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billzcat1 (Post 15631297)
Welcome!

The first mod you should do is the "leave it as-is" mod. Just for a few months so you can figure out what little problems it has that are inherent to any used car. Catch up on maintenance, a lot of the required fluid changes are often overlooked on these things. Diffs, transfer case, power steering, and brakes are the top 4 neglected fluid changes.

One thing a lot of people do - put 9005-style headlight bulbs into your fog light housings. TONS more light output. You will need to re-aim them a little but they are very easy to fit. Of course there are tons of mods you can do, but if you're just getting started, that's a good one that fits into a tight budget.

One other thing... I don't see most of the mods you have listed in your profile. What the dillio?

I've already changed my diff fluid, power steering fluid, oil, and flushed the radiator and put in new coolant. I haven't gotten around to transfer case but I ordered up new brake pads, rotors, and upgrading to the akebono rotors and I will be changing brake fluid then.

As for the some of the mods I have listed I got anxious and listed them before I got them put on. I have the everything I haven't got on yet sitting in the back of the jeep. I've just been doing some more important maintenance to it first.

The time now is 07:48 PM.