Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

My build thread 03 WJ 4.7HO

2K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  Janti 
#1 ·
This will be my first build thread but this is my second WJ. I have read a lot of threads in this forum and gathered a lot of info, Thanks for everyone that helped.

So i wanted to start this thread to keep records for my progress as i did not have the chance to do it with my first wj which i still have, Black 02 4.7 Non HO

Got the silver one lately and I will do the upgrades slowly as it's already summer time here and its too hot to work on the rig.

here is my first wj

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks for posting and I'll follow this thread.
My ABS goes off and on all the time. I've never bothered to research it because the CEL does the same thing. Pulled the code and every time it is evaporative system leak. Replaced everything I could replace and it still comes on. It goes off usually in a few days. I finally quit worrying about it. If it ever stays lit for a week or two I'll worry about it.

One of the joys of owning a WJ.

#9 ·
Ok its been a long time since i did update the thread, summer is over and it was really hot, with a temperature reaches 120 there was no way i can work on the rig, last week there was a new updates, i did swap all the suspension parts from my black jeep to the newly bought silver 03 HO. changed the spark plugs with the champion RC7PYCB4, did an oil change and changed all tie rod ends. here a couple of images and am sorry i couldnt take pictures during the job.

still need to fix the steering alignment, the ride feels OK now but cant keep it straight on the highway, heard good about the Iron Rock steering equalizer if anyone used it can give me some tips.

Attachments

#10 ·
work is being started for a new front tube bumper, for the lightweight and new look, also the one installed now is blocking some air flow through the radiator, i can see the temperature goes above 210 a bit after installing the bumper while it wasnt the case before. as of now i did not install the winch yet, will do so on the new bumper.

it should be same as this one:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.