My build - Expedition Rig - 2003 WJ 4.7 HO - Page 86 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > My build - Expedition Rig - 2003 WJ 4.7 HO

Introducing MONSTALINER UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 05-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #1276
sinbad85
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theksmith View Post
what error do you get? or does your browser just time out? i haven't heard anyone else having issues this week...
I get a "Method not implemented" 404 code. I started having a problem with the site last month. Also I use firefox as a browser

2001 WJ 4.7L-selec-trac/4.5" Teraflex springs\IRO Long arms\Iro adj rear LCA/Bilstien 5100 series shocks/ IRO steering Equalizer/|265/75/16 Goodyear Dura-Tracs on Stock rims\Rear Tube Bumper with carrier|sliders|mopar skids.
sinbad85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 10:27 AM   #1277
sinbad85
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad85 View Post
I get a "Method not implemented" 404 code. I started having a problem with the site last month. Also I use firefox as a browser
I just put firefox in private mode and I was able to get the site open, My regular browser must be blocking it, well now at least I know it's on my end.
2001 WJ 4.7L-selec-trac/4.5" Teraflex springs\IRO Long arms\Iro adj rear LCA/Bilstien 5100 series shocks/ IRO steering Equalizer/|265/75/16 Goodyear Dura-Tracs on Stock rims\Rear Tube Bumper with carrier|sliders|mopar skids.
Unread 05-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #1278
wj4play
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad85

I just put firefox in private mode and I was able to get the site open, My regular browser must be blocking it, well now at least I know it's on my end.
Check your extensions/addins - try chrome too

Sent from iPhone
Unread 05-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #1279
theksmith
2003 WJ 

Quote:
strange, maybe your login cookie for the site is corrupted - might try clearing cookies.
theksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 10:28 PM   #1280
sinbad85
2001 WJ 

Quote:
strange, maybe your login cookie for the site is corrupted - might try clearing cookies.
Thanks for the help guys, Cleared my cookies and I can lurk on the site again. All this time I thought it was the site because I didn't have any problem with any other. I Like the passport site, looks like you guys have some nice trips, Most of my Idaho wheeling is back country camping, I'm heading out your way next weekend for a week. Heading to Zion and Brice and some slot canyons along the way with maybe a little Tropic Reservoir camping to do some fishing.
Unread 05-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #1281
w0mps
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0mps

I'm going to be painting the underside soon too, yours looks amazing. What steps did you take to do it? (Taping off body, springs, shocks? Metal prep, etc.)
Bump!
Unread 05-24-2013, 11:39 PM   #1282
theksmith
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0mps View Post
Bump!
it just looks better than it is probably because the jeep is black, the shocks are black, everything is black!

all i did was degrease it and scrub it with the brush at the local car wash, then waited till the next day to be sure it was dry. i used the Krylon paint+primer series in satin black. the Krylon nozzle is a fairly precise fan pattern and you can get away without a ton of taping stuff off. the rocker panels are about the only place that really need to be masked off so you can paint the rails. also i figured the jeep was freshly waxed, so any blowing overspray that drifted back on to the paint wasn't going to stick too bad.
Unread 05-24-2013, 11:42 PM   #1283
theksmith
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Thanks for the help guys, Cleared my cookies and I can lurk on the site again. All this time I thought it was the site because I didn't have any problem with any other. I Like the passport site, looks like you guys have some nice trips, Most of my Idaho wheeling is back country camping, I'm heading out your way next weekend for a week. Heading to Zion and Brice and some slot canyons along the way with maybe a little Tropic Reservoir camping to do some fishing.
i have yet to get to Bryce, but Zion is truly amazing - have a great time!

Unread 05-25-2013, 12:08 AM   #1284
w0mps
2002 WJ 

Quote:
it just looks better than it is probably because the jeep is black, the shocks are black, everything is black!

all i did was degrease it and scrub it with the brush at the local car wash, then waited till the next day to be sure it was dry. i used the Krylon paint+primer series in satin black. the Krylon nozzle is a fairly precise fan pattern and you can get away without a ton of taping stuff off. the rocker panels are about the only place that really need to be masked off so you can paint the rails. also i figured the jeep was freshly waxed, so any blowing overspray that drifted back on to the paint wasn't going to stick too bad.
Cool, looks great man. I could only dream of taking trips like you do out there!
Unread 05-27-2013, 10:31 PM   #1285
theksmith
2003 WJ 

get your guesses in!

The "Guess what TheKSmith is up to" contest: http://offroadpassport.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2795

what is the next addition to Lafawnduh?
Unread 05-27-2013, 10:36 PM   #1286
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
get your guesses in!

The "Guess what TheKSmith is up to" contest: http://offroadpassport.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2795

A motorized rear window...?
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 10:44 PM   #1287
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
get your guesses in!

replacing your old hatch led?
(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
Y0ungGunZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 11:41 PM   #1288
theksmith
2003 WJ 

only counts if you reply to the thread on Offroad Passport - registering for the forum over there is free and only takes a sec!
Unread 05-28-2013, 08:22 AM   #1289
adavis39
2002 WJ 

[QUOTE=PhantomWJ;15488156]A motorized rear window...?[/QUOTE]

I always wanted to do that! I loved that about my friends old 4-runner
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 12:14 PM   #1290
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
only counts if you reply to the thread on Offroad Passport - registering for the forum over there is free and only takes a sec!
I did. Forgot password.
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.