My build - Expedition Rig - 2003 WJ 4.7 HO - Page 85 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > My build - Expedition Rig - 2003 WJ 4.7 HO

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 05-05-2013, 03:09 PM   #1261
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Looks great. I used to run those trails in my YJ before moving to Missouri this year.

I miss the wheeling in your part of the country. I don't necessarily miss Tucson, but the weather and the wheeling out there is outstanding.

11 Ram 2500 - 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2013, 08:33 AM   #1262
theksmith
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillonjm View Post
Looks great. I used to run those trails in my YJ before moving to Missouri this year.

I miss the wheeling in your part of the country. I don't necessarily miss Tucson, but the weather and the wheeling out there is outstanding.
i can hardly imagine living anywhere but the southwest or colorado. the idea of having to only wheel in small private parks or know people with land scares me. i know it's the future for even here as we become more populated and developed.... but for now i'll keep on enjoying all these great trails!
theksmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #1263
sinbad85
2001 WJ 

I tried the passport web site last night and it was down for me, same thing today?
2001 WJ 4.7L-selec-trac/4.5" Teraflex springs\IRO Long arms\Iro adj rear LCA/Bilstien 5100 series shocks/ IRO steering Equalizer/|265/75/16 Goodyear Dura-Tracs on Stock rims\Rear Tube Bumper with carrier|sliders|mopar skids.
sinbad85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #1264
theksmith
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad85 View Post
I tried the passport web site last night and it was down for me, same thing today?
sorry about that. i woke up this morning to see a bunch of "site down" emails. it should be up now for you...

we're working on moving to a dedicated server soon, we've outgrown shared hosting.
Unread 05-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #1265
wj4play
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theksmith

sorry about that. i woke up this morning to see a bunch of "site down" emails. it should be up now for you...

we're working on moving to a dedicated server soon, we've outgrown shared hosting.
Running Ubuntu / MySQL?

Amazon
Ec2 is cheap and you can run free on a micro instance. I am running 17 sites on a medium instance for $80/month recently moved from the micro

Sent from iPhone
Unread 05-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #1266
theksmith
2003 WJ 

be sure to come to the Overland Expo 2013 next weekend if you're anywhere near AZ! my rig and i will be there at the Offroad Passport exhibit (location #72).

we're also going to be camped the whole time in the forest nearby, feel free to join us - info here: http://offroadpassport.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2607
Unread 05-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #1267
theksmith
2003 WJ 

after a detail and then painting all the underside/axles/wheel-wells satin black:

Unread 05-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #1268
WJChris
Four Badges

1999 WJ 

Nice! We need to start a bumper fund for you...
WJChris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2013, 03:13 PM   #1269
CRJEeP_wj
2002 WJ 

Yea very nice. Its hard to say cause theres so many nice jeeps on this site, but i believe this is my favorite. Great job all around. My wife now has a list of things for me to do to mine based off of your build.
CRJEeP_wj is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 05:37 PM   #1270
w0mps
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theksmith
after a detail and then painting all the underside/axles/wheel-wells satin black:
I'm going to be painting the underside soon too, yours looks amazing. What steps did you take to do it? (Taping off body, springs, shocks? Metal prep, etc.)
Unread 05-17-2013, 06:20 PM   #1271
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjCREEPjeep View Post
Yea very nice. Its hard to say cause theres so many nice jeeps on this site, but i believe this is my favorite. Great job all around. My wife now has a list of things for me to do to mine based off of your build.
what about me. :lol:
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #1272
adavis39
2002 WJ 

looks great man.... i really need to paint the underside of mine as well. AND wax!!
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 08:49 PM   #1273
theksmith
2003 WJ 

lots of pics of the overland expo from our members here: http://offroadpassport.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2773

Unread 05-22-2013, 11:40 PM   #1274
sinbad85
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theksmith View Post
lots of pics of the overland expo from our members here: http://offroadpassport.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2773

Why can't I get into the offroad passport site any more? I thought it closed down.
2001 WJ 4.7L-selec-trac/4.5" Teraflex springs\IRO Long arms\Iro adj rear LCA/Bilstien 5100 series shocks/ IRO steering Equalizer/|265/75/16 Goodyear Dura-Tracs on Stock rims\Rear Tube Bumper with carrier|sliders|mopar skids.
sinbad85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 12:09 AM   #1275
theksmith
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad85 View Post
Why can't I get into the offroad passport site any more? I thought it closed down.
what error do you get? or does your browser just time out? i haven't heard anyone else having issues this week...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.