My build - Expedition Rig - 2003 WJ 4.7 HO - Page 53 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > My build - Expedition Rig - 2003 WJ 4.7 HO

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 05-03-2011, 06:56 AM   #781
theksmith
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillMcD View Post
Whats gonna happen to the 44a?
it with the aussie and 4.56s, and the 30 with the arb and 4.56s will be for sale once they are actually out of the vehicle!

theksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 07:04 AM   #782
WillMcD
2004 WJ 

Dang. I wonder if ill have the moolah for these once theyre out. Shipping is gonna kill though.
04 WJ Limited Black, 5.5" LA hybrid (IRO Trackbar, Teraflex Springs, Bilstein 5100/5125 Shocks, IRO Critical Path High Clearance LA's + KOR 3/4" spacers, JKS Disconnects) 32" Firestone Destination M/T's, JCR Stage 3 Sliders, Black Moabs, Muffler Delete, Hella 700ff's, Yakima Load Warrior

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Phil:4:13: I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=billzcat;10933305]a lot of people waste their life playing FB games all day like Farmville, Cityville, Gangsterville, Hookersnblowville, Idonteffingcareville[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Green"]August 2011 GCOTM Winner[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[SIZE="3"][CENTER]Build Thread:[/CENTER]
[CENTER][COLOR="Red"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/04-wj-college-build-willmcd-1050247/#post9619953"]04 WJ College Build-WillMcD[/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER][/SIZE]
WillMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #783
theksmith
2003 WJ 

updates form the shop...

sounds like we are at about the half-way point.

front has some work done and was able to salvage even more of the IRO front bracketry than i anticipated.

rear should be finished this afternoon. an issue came up with the lower control arm brackets from the IRO kit were designed to be mounted flush with the bottom of the axle. this didn't work with the clayton arms i have. either IRO arms are shorter or have more adjustability or something. this was the only major hiccup so far, had to use some other tabs the fabber happened to have and do a little modding on them to make it all work. so they aren't completely flush on the tube bottom, but they supposedly don't hang down as far as stock either.

the biggest open-item still is the front axle-side track-bar bracket. the fabber could get one of the universal ones from poly performance or he has autocad and a company in the same business park water-jets stuff for him, so he may just design his own bracket.

then of course the real issues won't come up till he takes it out and flexes it on the forklift and looks at everything!
Unread 05-04-2011, 08:40 PM   #784
TX-WJ

2004 WJ 

Wow, some exciting stuff going on for you!

I ordered my RCV shafts a couple of days ago, hopefully they'll be here sometime next week; I've also thought about the dynatrac's BJs, but the $600 pricetag is hard to swallow for just BJs; also I know there can be some fitment issues with the RVC boots..... so I may let you be the guinea pig on that one.

I have a favor to ask of you, if you could, can you take pictures of the E-brake set-up once you get your rig back?

Can't wait to see your Rubi-Grand .

2004 WJ Ltd. (steel blue pearlcoat)
4.7, 242 HD swap, 6" Clayton's, 35" BFG KM2s, F/R chromo'd JK Rubi D44s
TX-WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 08:53 PM   #785
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX-WJ View Post
Can't wait to see your Rubi-Grand .
Um, I think it's called a Grand Cherubokee. K, you should chop the back so it's got kind of a bed to it, and then it could be a Grand Cherubomanche.
Unread 05-05-2011, 02:58 AM   #786
frets217
2004 WJ 

If JF had a like button...

This thread makes me dream big and motivates me to graduate college so I too can figure out the secret formula for growing money trees. Keep up the excellent work!

04 WJ Laredo, 4.0l I6, SelecTrac.
-Uniden Pro520xl w/4ft firestick style antenna/ PA speaker.
frets217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 11:54 AM   #787
Cutch
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I am a little dissappointed with both "theksmith" and "Idaho Jeep" (from the TJ section) as neither have been posting up pics of them out on an adventure.
Cutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 12:41 PM   #788
lamar2626
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutch View Post
I am a little dissappointed with both "theksmith" and "Idaho Jeep" (from the TJ section) as neither have been posting up pics of them out on an adventure.
cant post adventure pics when your Jeep is in the shop getting Rubi axles
Unread 05-05-2011, 02:21 PM   #789
theksmith
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutch View Post
ha, imagine how i feel not being able to take any new adventure pics to post!
Unread 05-05-2011, 11:19 PM   #790
theksmith
2003 WJ 

hover jeep!

i think this was from yesterday because i talked to them today at lunch and the back was completely done and most of the front, was expecting to have it at the 95% mark tonight and then Chris (fabber) is gone tomorrow but Joe is going to get the yokes setup and driveshafts modified and get it moveable. then monday they'll be doing some test drives and forklift flexing etc.
Unread 05-06-2011, 02:26 PM   #791
theksmith
2003 WJ 

getting there...
Unread 05-06-2011, 02:34 PM   #792
platinum5.9
Web Wheeler

2003 WJ 

I've been dreaming of doing this swap for some time and can't wait to see the finished product.
03 Grand Cherokee Limited-White/Agate-4.7HO/QD-OME HD springs-1" spacers-MX6 shocks-OME SS-IRO rear links-255/75/17 BFG muds-JK Moabs-Muffler Delete-Magnaflow Cats x3-V3 Projectors 35w 5000k HID and High/Low harness w/relays-IRO Premium Sliders-SOLID D30 Cover-Fawkes stand alone shackle tabs/3/4" black shackles http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...1/#post9902192
--Enchanted Mountain Off-road Crew--Olean NY
enchantedmountainoffroad@gmail.com
platinum5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #793
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

Hey, as it says in my sig, "Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads..." Is one of your mods a Flux Capacitor?

How's the unibody looking so far?

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #794
theksmith
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard View Post
Hey, as it says in my sig, "Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads..." Is one of your mods a Flux Capacitor?

How's the unibody looking so far?

unibody, meh. i noticed the other day the very ends of a couple smaller welds on the clayton bracketry starting to crack, so there is flex going on and therefore fatigue and so it won't last forever i know. but it's not creaky and none of the factory seams are separating that i've found yet. supposedly WJ unibody a little stiffer than ZJ, so that probably helps. as far as looks, there's spray paint on the back of both sides near rear wheel-wells, one side is smooth (bondoed), the other side has some wavies in it from the last boulder encounter... got tired of doing bondo over and over. overall pretty good for it's use level. might put some heavy plating on that rear quarterpanel area near wheel-well one day so it can lean into rocks without ripping up the metal so bad.
Unread 05-06-2011, 03:04 PM   #795
theksmith
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum5.9 View Post
I've been dreaming of doing this swap for some time and can't wait to see the finished product.
thanks, if you look at my first post in this thread its from feb 2008 and i was just getting lift parts, and i said "or who knows... maybe new JK axles all around one day" - lol, 3 years later, here we are!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.