My build - Expedition Rig - 2003 WJ 4.7 HO - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > My build - Expedition Rig - 2003 WJ 4.7 HO

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 02-10-2009, 10:37 PM   #136
spife7980
1997 ZJ 

i'd be scared pissless if i had to go over some of that stuff. nuh ugh. no way.

i want another daily driver already so i can not be scared about making my commute when i break it.

JCR Stage 2 Sliders, IRO Trans Skid, Carolina Drive shaft, IRO exhaust
spife7980 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2009, 10:50 PM   #137
TX-WJ

2004 WJ 

LOL, that last trip sure was an "expedition"; I've beat up my JKS sliders repeatedly and never bent one before ; sorry bout your rad support, that is a bioatch; I can smell axle swaps in the not so distant future .... well, at least your windows are all in one piece .

This all reminds me I really need to get off my butt and finish my build. Peace .

2004 WJ Ltd. (steel blue pearlcoat)
4.7, 242 HD swap, 6" Clayton's, 35" BFG KM2s, F/R chromo'd JK Rubi D44s
TX-WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2009, 10:24 AM   #138
Shinobi
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theksmith View Post
silly yes, but i thought it was fun.... since my jeep is kinda Evil (all blacked out and no logos), i made a Decepticon sticker for my shorty t-case knob today:

I must know how you did that!!!
Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2009, 01:04 PM   #139
theksmith
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post
I must know how you did that!!!
well for the knob was an autozone special and i hacked off the old knob and shortened the stalk with a sawzall.

for the sticker, i searched http://images.google.com/ for a nice high-res, good looking Decepticon image. then i took it into photoshop and scaled it to the size i needed, and adjusted the curves till it looked nice. then i printed it out on some old avery mailing label stickers i had laying around (using my regulary ink-jet printer). then i covered the label with clear packing tape so it won't ever smear with sweaty hands or cleaning products. then i carefully used some scissors to cut out the circle shape. then ta-da, stuck it on! i printed a couple extra and put them in the glove box for when the sun fades this one out. sounds like work when you read all that, but it was only like 10 minutes.

the camera didn't do it justice, it looks all white in the photo, but in real life it still has some of the metalic grey look.
theksmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2009, 01:50 PM   #140
theksmith
2003 WJ 

thought i'd throw up some more pictures for those of you coming here from the "March ROTM Voting" thread! most of these are already in this thread or the "Lifted GC's" thread somewhere...

continued...

Last edited by theksmith; 02-23-2009 at 12:35 AM..
Unread 02-19-2009, 01:51 PM   #141
theksmith
2003 WJ 

...continued

Last edited by theksmith; 02-23-2009 at 12:35 AM..
Unread 02-19-2009, 01:51 PM   #142
CaribouLouWJ
2007 WK 

LOL, get a job. You're cheating
2001.5 B5S4 500awhp gutted track car
2002 WJ Limited
4.7 HO, 6.5" LA, 37's, JK 44's SOLD
CaribouLouWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2009, 09:45 PM   #143
theksmith
2003 WJ 

installed a new steering stabilizer this weekend. i moved it up high like the kit that Kevins sells.

i just used the hardware from my original ss, the new hardware, and the 2 end-clamps from my original tie-rod (i replaced the tie-rod with a JKS one a while back).

so for anyone else that has a stock tie-rod laying around, re-cycle those end-clamps and make either a dual stabilizer or at least move yours up out of the rocks.

this is basicly how it assembles:

and here is how it looks on the jeep:
Unread 02-22-2009, 09:48 PM   #144
theksmith
2003 WJ 

also finally purchased the greasable rear bushings for my addco bar (Part #9.5161G, summitracing.com $16), and got those installed this weekend. yay! no more squeeky!

Unread 02-22-2009, 09:49 PM   #145
Jones
Consider the following...

Good work and idea. Didn't smash your ss before?
Unread 02-23-2009, 12:33 AM   #146
theksmith
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ZJones- View Post
Good work and idea. Didn't smash your ss before?
that Predator trail a few weeks ago was the first time i smashed one.

it actually drove fine without a SS for a couple weeks, so everything must be dialed in pretty well with alignment and such! if i hit a major size pothole i would get a little bump-steer, but not bad. that's why i decided to just go with a single one and put it up high, instead of running duals.

also, NAPA sells the exact same tenneco stabilizer that IRO sells, but my NAPA wanted 45 bucks and IRO only wants 30 i think, so if you are already ordering anything from IRO you might as well get it from them.
Unread 02-23-2009, 01:54 AM   #147
Shinobi
2001 WJ 

Is that the Tennco SS from IRO ?

Quote:
well for the knob was an autozone special and i hacked off the old knob and shortened the stalk with a sawzall.

for the sticker, i searched http://images.google.com/ for a nice high-res, good looking Decepticon image. then i took it into photoshop and scaled it to the size i needed, and adjusted the curves till it looked nice. then i printed it out on some old avery mailing label stickers i had laying around (using my regulary ink-jet printer). then i covered the label with clear packing tape so it won't ever smear with sweaty hands or cleaning products. then i carefully used some scissors to cut out the circle shape. then ta-da, stuck it on! i printed a couple extra and put them in the glove box for when the sun fades this one out. sounds like work when you read all that, but it was only like 10 minutes.

the camera didn't do it justice, it looks all white in the photo, but in real life it still has some of the metalic grey look.

thanks Man
Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2009, 02:00 AM   #148
bigjeep39
2004 WJ 

i noticed your rear shocks are mounted upside down, or at least different than mine with the stainless steel rod piece on the bottom. Does this help or gain a benefit? or did i just install mine wrong??
Unread 02-23-2009, 07:43 AM   #149
Dean-
1999 WJ 

wow, i just read this post for the first time... very impressed and i
really like your jeep! nice build
Unread 02-23-2009, 09:08 AM   #150
theksmith
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post
Is that the Tennco SS from IRO ?

thanks Man

yes indeed!

Quote:
also, NAPA sells the exact same tenneco stabilizer that IRO sells, but my NAPA wanted 45 bucks and IRO only wants 30 i think, so if you are already ordering anything from IRO you might as well get it from them.

10 char

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.