My 5.9 Build Thread (finally) - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > My 5.9 Build Thread (finally)

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 06-11-2011, 12:19 AM   #61
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Haha, I'm amazed that you haven't gotten any pieces of paper from the RCMP lol. They usually camp Red Deer and around it during the summer.

WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2011, 08:26 AM   #62
ZJ5point2GCL
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut
Haha, I'm amazed that you haven't gotten any pieces of paper from the RCMP lol. They usually camp Red Deer and around it during the summer.
For speeding or modified vehicle?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 06-11-2011, 08:50 AM   #63
MoparBoy01
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I got some Kevin's offroad sliders for sale-hint, hint
Down and Dirty Offroad Club Member
ddoffroad.com
MoparBoy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #64
ZJ5point2GCL
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparBoy01
I got some Kevin's offroad sliders for sale-hint, hint
Where do you live?

edit: just couldn't see that on my phone, i would buy them if you were on the left coast. unless you want to ship them to Portland really cheap

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 06-15-2011, 05:00 PM   #65
ZJ5point2GCL
1998 ZJ 

off to vancouver in a few hours, just put my t-case skid back on, huge pain in the ***, all the nut serts decided to spin, so i had to weld them solid first.

last time i checked i only had 3000 miles on my oil, and today double checking everything i found out i had almost 6000, i guess i drive allot more than i thought, so i ran out and got some royal purple since ill be driving around 3000 this trip and i thought 9000 was pushing it.

hopefully the jeep will make it without too much trouble ( & gas)
Unread 06-15-2011, 11:24 PM   #66
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

Keep her taken care of, and she'll take care of you. That's my motto. I hope the trip goes well. I saw that there was rioting after the game in Vancouver. Why must morons exist everywhere?

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2011, 11:36 AM   #67
ZJ5point2GCL
1998 ZJ 

The vancouver riot was pathetic, its just embarrassing to vancouver and even canada as a whole, too bad i didn't think of it, but i should of taken my other jeep down town, put a couple bruins flags on it, and collected the insurance money, then i wouldn't of had to worry about it.

The jeep ran flawlessly, made it here in really good time, miles/ over time i averaged 140 KPH which is 87mph. in the really hills bits i pushed it pretty hard. was doing 90mph at the bottom, up a 7% grade, floored it, about 3/4's of the way up i hit my speed limiter at 135.

there were quite a few broken down and over heated vehicles, but, i never got above 200 degrees. still pretty impressed with this jeep.

Still on the tow tune, but i am liking all the sea level power, its rather noticeable.

I'll search in a minute, but does anyone know why my cruise can't keep steady pressure on the gas, what i mean its every so often maybe 30 seconds apart on the flat part it will blip the throttle, and make the revs jump a bit, its really annoying, so i just used my right foot most of the trip.
Unread 07-06-2011, 07:21 PM   #68
ZJ5point2GCL
1998 ZJ 

I did 4500 miles this trip, got back to calgary last night, half the trip i used 87 on the tow tune, then half the trip i used 94 with the performance tune.

i used 94 because 87, 89, and 91 all have 10% ethanol in them, but 94 doesn't, i don't like corn in my gas. anyways tow tune averaged me 9.4 MPG and the performance 91 tune averaged me 14.7 mpg. so reasonably decent milage considering the conditions. needless to say i will be keeping the performance tune on, much more fun anyways, and when gas is 6.50 a gallon in Vancouver i want all the fun per gallon i can get
Unread 07-06-2011, 09:37 PM   #69
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

That sounds like an awesome trip. I can't wait to see pics. And gas is way too high up there. That's per gallon?!

14.7 mpg... Were you towing? I hope you were towing. And yeah, I hate the gas with ethanol. It really lowers performance, and we with the 4.0 need all we can get! Not to mention losing 2-3mpg average sucks. The US has canceled the corn subsidies for ethanol though so hopefully a lot of the production will dry up. Maybe we'll get better gas back again. Ethanol costs too much to produce anyway, for a negative gain. It just doesn't make any sense. It's a load on the land, on water usage, depletion of food resources, and takes more fossil fuels to create than it produces, at which point it is less efficient gallon per gallon as well. Uh-oh. Rant over. Sorry about that.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 11:28 PM   #70
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Missed our run Jake. Good to see you had a good time though.

Snapped some pics for ya. Wound up sitting on the drivers side bumper (no traction from that tire) and the long arms let the springs get so much travel I was barley getting any in the front.

WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 12:54 PM   #71
ZJ5point2GCL
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard View Post
That sounds like an awesome trip. I can't wait to see pics. And gas is way too high up there. That's per gallon?!

14.7 mpg... Were you towing? I hope you were towing. And yeah, I hate the gas with ethanol. It really lowers performance, and we with the 4.0 need all we can get! Not to mention losing 2-3mpg average sucks. The US has canceled the corn subsidies for ethanol though so hopefully a lot of the production will dry up. Maybe we'll get better gas back again. Ethanol costs too much to produce anyway, for a negative gain. It just doesn't make any sense. It's a load on the land, on water usage, depletion of food resources, and takes more fossil fuels to create than it produces, at which point it is less efficient gallon per gallon as well. Uh-oh. Rant over. Sorry about that.
Yup per gallon and we are at 1.05$ per USD so that would make it even worse for you.

And no i wasn't towing, just me, a passenger and maybe 200 pounds of junk in the back, didn't even have my safari rack on.

I completely agree, i could go on for ever about why ethanol is bull****, thats why i pay 1$ more per gallon for 94 without ethanol.

I'll post a link once i get them up, i elasticed my phone to my rear view, and got an app for time lapse, so i got a shot of what i saw through my windshield every 5 minutes. its pretty cool , some in the wrong lane passing, so out side gas stations (allot ) and even one of me standing infront of the jeep talking to someone. i was rather amused by it, it'll be even better for my trip this summer.

Looks like i'll be dropping my jeep an inch or so, all the places in vancouver that i am looking at are 1-2" too low in the parkade, and since i'll only be driving it on weekends, i don't want it sitting on the street.
Unread 07-07-2011, 12:56 PM   #72
ZJ5point2GCL
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
Missed our run Jake. Good to see you had a good time though.

Snapped some pics for ya. Wound up sitting on the drivers side bumper (no traction from that tire) and the long arms let the springs get so much travel I was barley getting any in the front.

I saw those on the worst stuck thread, is that at waiparous ?

overall do you like the long arms better offroad? is that discoed?
Unread 08-07-2011, 11:57 AM   #73
ZJ5point2GCL
1998 ZJ 

like any good jeep, on the back of a wrecker, damn e-fan

you can kinda see the rack i built here, its a beast, works great

cool shot at bonnville

jeep in the palm of my hand

bilstiens go on today, once i locate the 4th one, one was backordered so kolak overnighted the last one fedex, the other 3 were left at the door at the condo in Phoenix, by ups, so need to figure out who signed for the fed ex one.
Unread 08-07-2011, 03:12 PM   #74
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

haha that last pic is fawesome
Unread 08-17-2011, 02:55 PM   #75
NW-XJ
1998 ZJ 

from moab to oregon dunes..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.