Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Mwyatt's WJ Build

30K views 340 replies 20 participants last post by  MWyatt 
#1 ·
I got this jeep over the summer when my '94 4Runner decided to die on me. This is much better! I didn't document the build very well but plan on it with the rest of the project.

It started off like this:

And is currently like this:

Completed Modifications:
IRO 3" Lift
15x7 Cragar Soft 8s
31x10.5 GoodYear Wrangler Authority's
Painted cladding
Added Factory Tow Hitch and Front Tow Hooks
Thrush Welded Muffler
Mesh Grille
Solid Front Diff Cover
KOR 3/4" Spacers
Carolina Driveline Front Driveshaft
JCR Stage 3 Sliders
IRO Bar Pin Eliminators
IRO A-arm spacer
K&N Intake tube with Amsoil Dry Dilter
ZJ washer bottle
Transmission Cooler
Cut Fenders

Things Still Left To Do

Tank Tuck
mtnmarc's axles
Stereo/speakers replacement
4.5" Coils
Long arms
35s

This thing is fun!

See less See more
#139 ·
im busy sunday, sorry guys. pm me your number or something and ill try to swing by to meet you guys.

im going shopping with the gf :thumbdown:

id much rather try to fix your jeep and wheel it.

#142 ·
tranny swap was wayyyyy to complicated for me. Time to call up a mechanic buddy :rolleyes:

hey marc are you free at all this week? If you are would you want to come help me cut my fenders?

#143 ·
I'd be able to come down after work and do it. This week I heard it was supposed to stay below 90 degrees, in auburn at least. Ha.

We should do thar tranny first. What was too complicated?

#144 ·
I have no idea how to disconnect everything. I'm trying to get a number of an long time jeep mechanic so he can come help. I just have no knowledge of transmissions and dont want to screw something up or break anything.

#145 ·
Invest in a swivel, ratcheting boxend wrench, at least get the 15 mm if not a set. Will make pulling the transfer nuts case much easier.

#146 ·
Been thinking about selling it after the tranny is fixed.

If I do it will be to buy a V8 WJ. More power+stronger tranny+stronger rear axle+lower miles= better/longer lasting jeep :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.