Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Mwyatt's WJ Build

30K views 340 replies 20 participants last post by  MWyatt 
#1 ·
I got this jeep over the summer when my '94 4Runner decided to die on me. This is much better! I didn't document the build very well but plan on it with the rest of the project.

It started off like this:

And is currently like this:

Completed Modifications:
IRO 3" Lift
15x7 Cragar Soft 8s
31x10.5 GoodYear Wrangler Authority's
Painted cladding
Added Factory Tow Hitch and Front Tow Hooks
Thrush Welded Muffler
Mesh Grille
Solid Front Diff Cover
KOR 3/4" Spacers
Carolina Driveline Front Driveshaft
JCR Stage 3 Sliders
IRO Bar Pin Eliminators
IRO A-arm spacer
K&N Intake tube with Amsoil Dry Dilter
ZJ washer bottle
Transmission Cooler
Cut Fenders

Things Still Left To Do

Tank Tuck
mtnmarc's axles
Stereo/speakers replacement
4.5" Coils
Long arms
35s

This thing is fun!

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice job on the cladding, it makes the Jeep look WAY better. I also like the Metallica Sticker.

#5 ·
Patrick,

I like your jeep! I'm having a rear "clunk" when ever I go over bumps and what not. Is that what you had? Did the A arm spacer fix that or do you recommend just getting the whole new arm? I'm leaning towards the latter.

Whats your girlfriends parents last name? I might have heard of them.

#6 ·
thanks! and yea ur clunk is most likely that rear a arm ball joint, you could replace that or upgrade the whole arm and not have to worry about it again

my gfs parents are the Lester's, they havent lived there that long though, her dad took a job out there a few years ago.

#7 ·
Ordered my muffler today, hopefully I'll be able to put it on this weekend. I also made some changes to the "list". I'm gonna go with the IRO A-arm and decided to buy some BPEs soon

Patrick, dont know them :p

#10 ·
got a vid of the muffler?
i have a thrush welded muffler waiting to go on this upcoming monday.

WJ looks good! any flex shots?

#11 ·
rfjeeper - awesome to hear that! I've almost go enough cash for it. I cant wait to get it.

alwaysHI- I'll try to get a video of the muffler tomorrow. But here are some flex shots and a pic of the WJ pretending to be a boat.

#14 ·
So I think I might be stepping up to 5.5 IRO front coils to level the ride out. Currently the front sits a little low.....just the typical WJ stance. I know you said you wanted to step up to 4.5" coils so I might have a front set for sale. Let me know if your interested. Not sure what the price would be yet, but anything reasonable would do.

#20 ·
:rofl: sorry man. Those teraflex coils are currently on my jeep now. :laugh:

#22 ·
:laugh: Didn't take long to shoot that down.

Its surprising how many good deals slip under the radar on classifieds. Thought this might be one........apparently not the case.
Yea I jumped to it when I saw the add because 4.5 with my kor spacers is where I wanted to be. Got lucky I guess.

#24 ·
Will..... You stink! :p (although you have the lift I want)

4.5" coils and 3/4" spacers is what I want as well. I plan to cut my fenders and fir 33's on.

Anyways. I took my dog to the lake and let him run around today. He had a blast! On Friday I think im gonna go to Doton's Point to check it out.

#25 ·
Will..... You stink! :p (although you have the lift I want)

4.5" coils and 3/4" spacers is what I want as well. I plan to cut my fenders and fir 33's on.
I love my setup. I plan on trying to fit 34's after fender trimming and then bump-stopping it properly. Should make for a great combination.

#26 ·
Yeah dude. It doesn't raise the center of gravity as much and full fender trimming lets you fit good sized tires in there.

On another note, how do you like the IRO long arms? do you have them just up front or in the back too? I'm trying to figure out what my arm situation is going to be when i hit the ~5" mark.

Im thinking right now:
Front - Lower long arms. upper adjustable arms
Rear - IRO ajustable A-arm w/ adjustable lower arms

I plan on using IRO for the front LAs and IronMan 4x4 for the adjustable arms.

#27 ·
The IRO long arms are a 3 link design so the drivers arm covers the upper and lower mounts and the passengers only covers the lower. Long arm kits will not require any upper arms as they are already incorporated.

I'm also running IRO font long arms and have been very happy with them so far. You can check them out sometime if you want.

I'm on fixed Rustys short arms in the back and have no complaints. I'm hearing a lot of good things about ironman.......I would definitely go that route if your looking into adjustables.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.